Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EXCITING TIMES AHEAD FOR CCFC

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:10 am

After the long wait we finally have our man.

I for one must admit that Malky Mackay was not my first choice for our next manager, I was personally hoping for Martin O'Neill or Mark Hughes. I knew that they were both long shots but I thought anything was possible after the capture of Bellamy last year. For me appointing Malky Mackay is a step in the right direction and the next best thing to two established Premiership managers, he has drive, determination and a passion for the game, something we seemed to have lost over the past few seasons.

I was a fan a Dave Jones and am thankful for everything he has done for Cardiff City, but we started to stagnate and a change was needed for the good of the club and its fans. The Malaysians must feel that we can achieve promotion to the Premiership this season under Mackay otherwise they would have stuck with Dave Jones, thrown more money at him and hoped for the best.

And this is why I am feeling so positive, we have a new man in charge hungry to prove he is a top class manager, money to spend to rebuild the squad that HE wants and a transfer window to look forward to with plenty of activity coming into the club.

So for all those saying that he is not the right man for our club, how about giving the guy a chance before you castrate him. Lets all be positive, look forward to the no doubted many transfer rumours, enjoy our summer and a strong 2011/2012 season from Cardiff City Football Club.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: EXCITING TIMES AHEAD FOR CCFC

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:17 am

good post . :old: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:47 am

Good post Fishy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:53 am

I think he is looking forward to the season as much as we are the fans are , if he can get that into the players also we will be half way to getting a good alround feeling in the CCS :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:53 am

MM has so much weight on his shoulders - our fans will give him probably u ntil October for results , YES itll be his team as the previous one was Jones - feel he is a good manager althugh totally unproven.

Time will tell

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:09 am

NIBluebird wrote:MM has so much weight on his shoulders - our fans will give him probably u ntil October for results , YES itll be his team as the previous one was Jones - feel he is a good manager althugh totally unproven.

Time will tell

I actually disagree with this as the feeling I am getting from reading other peoples posts and polls etc is that a lot of people will be contented with a top half finish. Yes if we start well then expectations will rise, as they would with any club but with the happenings of the last couple of seasons I feel that people will be waiting for us to have our dip in form and fall away, which, fingers crossed will not happen this season.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 am

Couldn't have put it better myself :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Personally, providing we have eleven players out on the pitch who show
the same committment and passion as Craig Bellamy or Anthony Gerrard
I will be happy. Dave Jones sides have proved you can have all the skill,
all the big names and all the cockiness... but without the will to win you
will not win

I said this before, the "hands in pockets" era is over :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: