Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea fans / Cardiff Fans

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:34 pm

First of all congrats to the Jacks on there promotion, got to say you deserved it. And the Jacks on here now, were the ones that had been on here all season so respect. Like the Avitar of "welcome to Wales" very funny fair play.

Now last season Swansea season tickets around 6000. I am sure any Gypo will give the correct amount. Cardiff 17000. Now for next season before the play offs Swansea around 4/5000 Cardiff 18000. Then Swansea get promoted and sell 16000 season tickets. Now thats around 13000 plastics that most prob support the Man UTD's or Liverpool's ETC does that rankle with the die hard Jacks. Now i now if that it was us that got promoted we could of sold 30.000 season tickets if our ground was big enough but dont you get pissed off at these scabby twats who are glory hunters. Where was these supporters when you was playing Scunthorpe at home :?: But to be fair to CCFC 18000 is friggin awsome :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Swansea fans / Cardiff Fans

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:First of all congrats to the Jacks on there promotion, got to say you deserved it. And the Jacks on here now, were the ones that had been on here all season so respect. Like the Avitar of "welcome to Wales" very funny fair play.

Now last season Swansea season tickets around 6000. I am sure any Gypo will give the correct amount. Cardiff 17000. Now for next season before the play offs Swansea around 4/5000 Cardiff 18000. Then Swansea get promoted and sell 16000 season tickets. Now thats around 13000 plastics that most prob support the Man UTD's or Liverpool's ETC does that rankle with the die hard Jacks. Now i now if that it was us that got promoted we could of sold 30.000 season tickets if our ground was big enough but dont you get pissed off at these scabby twats who are glory hunters. Where was these supporters when you was playing Scunthorpe at home :?: But to be fair to CCFC 18000 is friggin awsome :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It was around 8500 season tickets last year.

Yes we've sold 16k season tickets for this year as that's the maximum we are allowed to sell. We could have sold far, far more than that as the waiting list suggests. As for those buying season tickets on the back of the Premier League promotion being plastics, personally I don't buy into that.

Sure there will be some who are gloryhunting but there are also many fans who wouldn't have had a season ticket over the last few years as there was simply no need for one given that matchday tickets were readily available for each game. For next season however it quickly became apparent that without a season ticket it would be very difficult to into a game so fans have made a point of buying a season ticket.

18,000 season tickets on your part is indeed impressive, but how many of those bought them in the hope if Premier League football and now won't bother turning up, as was apparently the case last year?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:07 am

NJ73 wrote:

Yes we've sold 16k season tickets for this year as that's the maximum we are allowed to sell. We could have sold far, far more than that as the waiting list suggests. As for those buying season tickets on the back of the Premier League promotion being plastics, personally I don't buy into that.

Sure there will be some who are gloryhunting but there are also many fans who wouldn't have had a season ticket over the last few years as there was simply no need for one given that matchday tickets were readily available for each game. For next season however it quickly became apparent that without a season ticket it would be very difficult to into a game so fans have made a point of buying a season ticket.

18,000 season tickets on your part is indeed impressive, but how many of those bought them in the hope if Premier League football and now won't bother turning up, as was apparently the case last year?

You can sugar-coat your season tickets as much as you wish, but quite simply they're plastics who DIDN'T support Swansea before the second half of the season just past.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:24 am

Dafydd wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

You can sugar-coat your season tickets as much as you wish, but quite simply they're plastics who DIDN'T support Swansea before the second half of the season just past.

We've sold 16,000 season tickets. Our average attendance last year was around 16,000. Doesn't so much for you're point really does it.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:30 am

NJ73 wrote:
We've sold 16,000 season tickets. Our average attendance last year was around 16,000. Doesn't so much for you're point really does it.

Do you think the exact 16,000 who bought season tickets were the exact fans who turned up to contribute to a 16,000 person attendance last season?

If so you're the biggest idiot I've come across whilst I've been breathing air on Earth. NQAT.

The fact is, many thousands of fans have now jumped on the bandwagon because they'll be able to watch Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City. There is no doubting that. I know people who have bought season tickets just because they want to watch those top teams. The fact is, they're not even Swansea fans, they just want to watch them teams. Before you went up, they'd have had to cross the border and venture a few hours to see their 'so called team :roll: '. Now they can see them just travelling a short distance up the M4.

About 25-50% of your attendances next season will be made up of Armchair Premier League fanatics who'll be asking you 'whos that?' and your response will be 'oh, thats only Scott Sinclair, the guy who scored loads of goals last season to get us in this division and scored a hat trick in the playoff final'. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know thats the case mate so stop playing the complete fool and wake up.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:35 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Do you think the exact 16,000 who bought season tickets were the exact fans who turned up to contribute to a 16,000 person attendance last season?

If so you're the biggest idiot I've come across whilst I've been breathing air on Earth. NQAT.

The fact is, many thousands of fans have now jumped on the bandwagon because they'll be able to watch Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City. There is no doubting that. I know people who have bought season tickets just because they want to watch those top teams. The fact is, they're not even Swansea fans, they just want to watch them teams. Before you went up, they'd have had to cross the border and venture a few hours to see their 'so called team :roll: '. Now they can see them just travelling a short distance up the M4.

About 25-50% of your attendances next season will be made up of Armchair Premier League fanatics who'll be asking you 'whos that?' and your response will be 'oh, thats only Scott Sinclair, the guy who scored loads of goals last season to get us in this division and scored a hat trick in the playoff final'. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think that the 16,000 attendance last year was made up from the exact same 16,000 fans every week? If so you're the biggest idiot I've come across :roll:

Try and hide your bitterness a little at least ffs :lol:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:47 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Cardiff city is full of plastics, far more than there are at the liberty!! The atmosphere at both grounds prove that.

The majority of Cardiff fans don't know the songs so stay quiet, which is the complete opposite at the Liberty, everyone knows the songs and the atmosphere is far better than at the morgue .

As for our season ticket sales, we had 9k last season and long before the season finished we had around 4.5 k new season ticket sales. 2.5 k new sales as a result of promotion is normal. We have 15k on the waiting list and our shirts sold out in 4 hours yesterday.

The benefts of getting promoted will only hit home over time, we are at the moment by far the biggest supported club in South Wales. We could have sold out a 30-35k stadium next season already.

40k+ sold for wembley and many thousands disappointed. We are on the up in a big way, we're in a league next season that you will more than likely never get into in your lifetime.

We are Swansea City and were Massive -- By far Wales number 1 side!! :mrgreen:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:00 am

???? "The benefts of getting promoted will only hit home over time, we are at the moment by far the biggest supported club in South Wales. We could have sold out a 30-35k stadium next season already."

UM! you are in "WEST" wales :lol: How can you be the best supported team when our average is 22500 and your stadium only holds max 20000? You can't count the plastics that sit at home :lol:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:10 am

Igovernor wrote:???? "The benefts of getting promoted will only hit home over time, we are at the moment by far the biggest supported club in South Wales. We could have sold out a 30-35k stadium next season already."

UM! you are in "WEST" wales :lol: How can you be the best supported team when our average is 22500 and your stadium only holds max 20000? You can't count the plastics that sit at home :lol:

I agree, our only downfall is the size of our stadium. We are though, onto something huge, nobody realised the monster we were about to unleash when we got to Wembley. Some could probably be called plastics, but those plastics could very well be the next die hards, we all had to start somewhere. I can see us building a new stadium soon. :shock:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:20 am

Will this fairytale stadium be yours or will you not pay a load of debts and get the council to build one to rent to you?

f*cking rent boys

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:47 am

moz-dublin wrote:Will this fairytale stadium be yours or will you not pay a load of debts and get the council to build one to rent to you?

f*cking rent boys

The club was in different hands then so it's irrelavant really!! What about you lot spending money that is not yours and here we are 40 million later and you still haven't achieved what you set out to achieve. Must be even more galling that we have done it on a shoestring :lol:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:18 am

JackArmyWalesNumber1 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:???? "The benefts of getting promoted will only hit home over time, we are at the moment by far the biggest supported club in South Wales. We could have sold out a 30-35k stadium next season already."

I agree, our only downfall is the size of our stadium. We are though, onto something huge, nobody realised the monster we were about to unleash when we got to Wembley. Some could probably be called plastics, but those plastics could very well be the next die hards, we all had to start somewhere. I can see us building a new stadium soon. :shock:

You are comedy.

15000 on a waiting list :lol:

We sing and you dont' :lol:

what are you on....

the other Jack made good points though. The extra 8k st holders are more likely to be people who went to a few games before and are now stepping up buying STs to see more games etc..

The point he made about some not turning up isn't exclusive to us. If it was 2-3k then thats 10-15%, well thats 2-3 games a season, which I'd say I missed. people go on holidays, sometimes have to work etc.. Also lots of kids don't go to midweek games due to school etc.. It happens everywhere, and you will se it next year when you play sides like Blackburn and Bolton when fans will find it more difficult to sell the tickets on.

Talk of a new stadium is rubbish, your existing one is only 10 years old - and you haven't paid a penny toward that yet :lol:

Expansion is also a problem due to the fact stands will have to be pulled down before they are rebuilt. Just talk a walk down the road to the Vetch to see how well that worked for you last time you were up.

Realistically (and this isn't Cardiff bias, check the bookies odds) you are hot favourites to come down. Lets see whether you get 16k season ticket holders when you are in the Championship. Our trip to Burnley showed how quickly fans desert you when you go down (and they are a club who were the best supported side in division 4 when we were there, so can hardly be seen as fickle), the gate was something like 13k, with 3500 of those being Cardiff.

So although Nuces was being unfair, and at the end of the day the so-called plastics can be converted. I think you are getting carried away. Support in your town from your people has always been good -I'd openly say as a % there have been for years until the last few seasons, more Swans fans in Swansea than Cardiff fans in Cardiff, and we stay bigger due to our support from outside the City, but your catchment is still fairly limited.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:23 am

I wanna go home, I wanna go hoooome, swanseas a shithole, i waana go home. At least we wont have to sing that this season. Jaks shut up. Stats dont lie. WE have the best support in wales. :ayatollah:

Average Home Attendance
League Championship 2010-11 2009-10 %
1 Leeds United 27,299 24,818 10%
2 Derby County 26,023 29,230 -11%
3 Norwich City 25,386 24,673 3%
4 Leicester City 23,666 23,943 -1%
5 Nottingham Forest 23,275 23,831 -2%
6 Cardiff City 23,194 20,717 12%
7 Hull City 21,169 24,390 -13%
8 Sheffield United 20,632 25,120 -18%
9 Ipswich Town 19,615 20,797 -6%
10 Reading 17,682 17,408 2%
11 Coventry City 16,310 17,308 -6%
12 Middlesbrough 16,269 19,948 -18%
13 Portsmouth 15,751 18,302 -14%
14 Queens Park Rangers 15,635 13,349 17%
15 Swansea City 15,507 15,407 1%
16 Crystal Palace 15,351 15,041 2%
17 Burnley 14,931 20,654 -28%
18 Bristol City 14,597 14,601 0%
19 Watford 13,152 14,345 -8%
20 Millwall 11,965 10,835 10%
21 Barnsley 11,856 12,964 -9%
22 Preston North End 11,768 12,935 -9%
23 Doncaster Rovers 10,258 10,992 -7%
24 Scunthorpe United 5,548 6,464 -14%
Overall 17,368 17,959

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:32 am

NJ73 wrote:
Dafydd wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

15000, including away fans

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Cardiff city is full of plastics, far more than there are at the liberty!! The atmosphere at both grounds prove that.

The majority of Cardiff fans don't know the songs so stay quiet, which is the complete opposite at the Liberty, everyone knows the songs and the atmosphere is far better than at the morgue .

thats only because u dont have your own songs only sing rugby songs to please the plastic rugby fans that you have attracted. watch the average attendance of the osperys and scarlets drop.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

As for our season ticket sales, we had 9k last season and long before the season finished we had around 4.5 k new season ticket sales. 2.5 k new sales as a result of promotion is normal. We have 15k on the waiting list and our shirts sold out in 4 hours yesterday.

The benefts of getting promoted will only hit home over time, we are at the moment by far the biggest supported club in South Wales. We could have sold out a 30-35k stadium next season already.

40k+ sold for wembley and many thousands disappointed. We are on the up in a big way, we're in a league next season that you will more than likely never get into in your lifetime.

what atmosphere at the liberty :? it was like a morgue when we were there in february.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Obsessed or what

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:04 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Do you think that the 16,000 attendance last year was made up from the exact same 16,000 fans every week? If so you're the biggest idiot I've come across :roll:

Try and hide your bitterness a little at least ffs :lol:

Im not bitter in any way at all, you deserved to go up on merit, you finished 3rd, but that still doesn't give you an excuse to be a complete moron and try and back up statistics with absolutely idiotic comments.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

You are by far the most stupid fuckin idoit ever. Daft inbred uneducated JB!!

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:48 pm

unfortunately cardiff and swansea have many plastics ,cardiff have allways had higher attendances due to the valleys etc the swans will get near capacity crowds next season but in order to keep them youl have to stay up if you go down the plastics will desert you the same as us and most other clubs,its a fact we will get bigger crowds than you this coming season due to our greater capaciy , so make the most of this rollercoaster ride called football ALL FOOTBALL CLUBS GOT FICKLE FANS FACT but we will still get bigger crowds than the swans due to our higher populated area fact ENJOY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

you've got to be kidding me....ive heard a few of your games on the radio and its sounds like a rugby game (which is convenient considering you sing rugby songs) yes our atmospere is shite and we mainly sing about you. But the Library is shite for an atmosphere.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:Obsessed or what

You must be great company in the pub you pointless little tw*t.
This isnt the only thread that you have made that comment on.
I have a suggestion for you,instead of wasting your time accusing people of obsession,go out,maybe get a life or a personality and consider a glance in the mirror at an individual who is posting shite on another clubs forum and think to yourself-
My parents must be so proud of the prick they produced

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:02 pm

We're Premier League

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: