Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just got back Welsh Karate Championships

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:04 pm

What a day!! Regan was one fight from a Bronze medal but was done by a judge who plagued him all afternoon. HE had a by in the first round he won his next fight. Next fight Regan was constantly punching him with great shots but never go the points. Then this other kid caught him around the eye which he had to spend a couple of minutes with the medics, Regan then took a point lead with a peach of a punch and then Regan got caught with a roundhouse punch to the neck which should of given this other kid a second warning ,cue the medics were back on as Regan was clearly hurt and spent some time with him. But he was still feeling the effects from that neck punch Regan was determined to carry on but to everyone's surprise they gave that other kid a point when it should of been a warning. Then soon after the kid caught Regan with a punch that Regan had been landing several times over and gave him the point that knocked him out.

But Regan with two of his Buttys won a Bronze medal at Team Kata but they were robbed of Silver by some very bad judging by 2 of the 5 judges one of them that plauged him in his two fights :evil: . But he will be back next year another year older and stronger and i know he can pick up a gold at the fighting.

Thanks to Blue nile (Leigh) and Dange (Simon) and his Daughter Erin who supported Regan today and he was really chuffed that he had backing off this Forum. I will post a you tube link on here when i get the fights on there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: HARRRYYYYY.

Re: Just got back Welsh Karate Championships

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:34 am

It's great to see youngsters who are involved in something that they're dedicated to and enjoy. It will serve them well, and stand them in good stead in the future.

I'm sure your lad will use the disappointment of yesterdays results as the catalyst to come back bigger, fitter, faster and stronger, next year.

Remember, the things that are worth achieving in life are those that you have to work hardest for.

Well done. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:44 am

well done, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:00 am

Well Done Regan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:01 am

Well done Regan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:52 am

Frodo that is very true and yesterday will make him even more determined to do better next year. He was upset at the treatment by that one judge /Ref . When he fought the British Champ a few Months ago Regan lost a point so the other Kid was then on the back foot letting Regan come to him and not taking any chances which was experience in my book. Regan done that yesterday as well, and that Ref told him if he didn't go forward he would disqualify him :o what a tw*t.
But it's gone now and what didn't kill him can only make him stronger and next Month he has his Black belt grading so that is what he is concentrating on 100%

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:37 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Frodo that is very true and yesterday will make him even more determined to do better next year. He was upset at the treatment by that one judge /Ref . When he fought the British Champ a few Months ago Regan lost a point so the other Kid was then on the back foot letting Regan come to him and not taking any chances which was experience in my book. Regan done that yesterday as well, and that Ref told him if he didn't go forward he would disqualify him :o what a tw*t.
But it's gone now and what didn't kill him can only make him stronger and next Month he has his Black belt grading so that is what he is concentrating on 100%

A wise man once told me that you don't fail if you fall down, you fail if don't get back up.

Good luck to the lad, and i'm 100% sure he'll get that black belt and go to bigger and better things. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Frodo wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Frodo that is very true and yesterday will make him even more determined to do better next year. He was upset at the treatment by that one judge /Ref . When he fought the British Champ a few Months ago Regan lost a point so the other Kid was then on the back foot letting Regan come to him and not taking any chances which was experience in my book. Regan done that yesterday as well, and that Ref told him if he didn't go forward he would disqualify him :o what a tw*t.

A wise man once told me that you don't fail if you fall down, you fail if don't get back up.

Good luck to the lad, and i'm 100% sure he'll get that black belt and go to bigger and better things. :ayatollah:

That is very true Chief and we and he needed to know how he would react to getting hit hard and hurt. He could of said no more but even though he was still hurt, But as Dave Jones said he dusted himself down and went again. He showed more professionalism than a lot of our players last season.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:50 pm

my cousin won gold in the sequence :D

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Really enjoyed the day :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Well done Regan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:my cousin won gold in the sequence :D

Sequence ????? is that Kata ? And what Male female Junior Senior ?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

female, would have been junior.

I never went, my auntie did and phoned to tell us :)

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

female, would have been junior.

I never went, my auntie did and phoned to tell us :)

Fantastic must of been Kata or team Kata but it was quality competition so would of done you all proud :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: