Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who let the figure of £20 million transfer budget out?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:01 pm

The fact that actual monetary figures have been relieved worries me. Where did this figure come from? Who told who? I ask this because if we know then i'd guarantee it that the rest of the footballing world will know. We'll be seen as big spenders again and a target for mercenary players and their agents. It'll be harder to get players at the right price. Also teams will raise their game against us. We should have kept any transfer budget secret.

Re: Who let the figure of £20 million transfer budget out?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Have we really got that kind of budget? If its true then it's a bit unprofessional of the club to have allowed that kind of info to leak.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:33 pm

sadly i did read it in one of carls updates, thats informaton that could really backfire on us.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:41 pm

recharding wrote:The fact that actual monetary figures have been relieved worries me. Where did this figure come from? Who told who? I ask this because if we know then i'd guarantee it that the rest of the footballing world will know. We'll be seen as big spenders again and a target for mercenary players and their agents. It'll be harder to get players at the right price. Also teams will raise their game against us. We should have kept any transfer budget secret.

The £20M Covers wages and some paid transfers,but i get your point,some clubs could see this as £20M To spend on players to buy.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:52 pm

It's rumored on here to be 20 mil but that includes wages which if i remember righty were 15-16 mil last year with some of the bigger earners gone that would leave us with 5-6 mil to spend on players.

Thing is though every time you read an article on a team they say how much they have reportedly got to spend from man utd, chelsea, arsenal and man city to teams like fulham, norwich and even leicester!
What evers said on here isnt going to backfire on us because every single newspaper and internet site claims to know how much every team has got and we're no different! Today i've seen in 2 different papers 2 different figures for us so i really dont think it matters what's been said on here or supposedly 'leaked' as every club in the world must be 'leaking' information because the papers seam to know the transfer budget for every team year on year!!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:53 pm

hopefully other clubs panic, splash out cash needlessly because they think they won't be able to compete otherwise, then next season or the season after they end up in administration. Lets splash £100m. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:56 pm

The echo has said 5m to spend
Mark Bloom on talksport 15-16m
The mirror 20m

Yet its carls fault (althought I think it was annis) :lol: that one tickled me :roll:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 am

does it REALLY matter,any player is going to be touted for the highest price end of,its upto to malky to get the best he can with what money he has or has not got :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:17 am

krab wrote:does it REALLY matter,any player is going to be touted for the highest price end of,its upto to malky to get the best he can with what money he has or has not got :ayatollah:

Exactly, just saddo's using it as another excuse to have a dig at Carl, I think people must think all these message boards carry more clout than they come close to, do you think a club will say X player is for sale at 1 million if you got 20 million to spend, or because your skint, you can have him for 50 pence, come on peeps, keep it real.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:41 am

Sadly, since the Days when Sam Hamman was in charge we have been known as high wage payers, this carried on with Riddler and was still here last season under VT, it will take a while to convince people we are not any more! We may have the playing budget, but not to be blown on a few has beens but hopefully more yonger up and comers

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:51 am

good point john wayne

if MM can get younger less known players who's wages wil be minimal, it gives us more of a 'kitty' to get more players
its all down to who MM wants,
he has stated he wants players who can compete at the top of this league so make of that what you want :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:38 am

BigGwynram wrote:
krab wrote:does it REALLY matter,any player is going to be touted for the highest price end of,its upto to malky to get the best he can with what money he has or has not got :ayatollah:

Exactly, just saddo's using it as another excuse to have a dig at Carl, I think people must think all these message boards carry more clout than they come close to, do you think a club will say X player is for sale at 1 million if you got 20 million to spend, or because your skint, you can have him for 50 pence, come on peeps, keep it real.

Spot on Gwyn, Get a life those who continue to Snipe at Carl, If you dont like what he posts why read them ?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:05 am

Carl is just a fan with some info , we should be grateful for insight from within , he will not get eeverything right but maybe 80% of it is factual . I know the Abramovich leaving chelsea this summer goes down as a howler but that came from someone -

Carl is just reporting things and he has to decide if its true or not .

You cant have it always , loads were moaning that no info was coming out about who the manager wud be - we rae bloody moaners :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :lol:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:15 pm

me thinks dave jones is to blame hahaha :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: