Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why are Carl's updates getting so much stick now ?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Pretty much everytime I read one of his updates they are informative and accurate. The only time I can remember them being wrong was when He said Alun Shearer was for sure going to sign for the club.

Now it seems that there is a bandwagon where lots of city fans jump on it and laugh at his updates and they are pretty much a joke etc.

Why ?

Re: Why are Carl's updates getting so much stick now ?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:26 pm

If people don't like them then don't read them, the are clearly labled.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:32 pm

It's ridiculous how some people are on this board and the other one.

Got to agree with the above post, ignore them if you don't like them.

Got to hand it to Carl, if it was me I would have just stopped doing them full stop after the abuse.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:34 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:It's ridiculous how some people are on this board and the other one.

Got to hand it to Carl, if it was me I would have just stopped doing them full stop after the abuse.

"It's ridiculous how some people are on this board and the other one".......What do you mean?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Because Carl forces you to read them, then agree with them, then pay for them.

Oh no wait he does none of those things. So no idea, seems silly to give him/them stick.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:41 pm

because people just like being idiots and causing a fuss.

I read them, analyse them and determine myself whether something is feasible or not. Not offense to Carl but even he OPENLY admits its what hes been TOLD. Its not FACT and carl himself states that.

He's just trying to be as much help as he possibly can be and full credit to him for that. Its mainly his updates as well as banter here and there that keep me interested in this message board. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If people don't like them then don't read them, the are clearly labled.

Exactly.

I enjoy Carl's 'updates' but I don't treat them as 'gospel truth' and I try to understand how Carl's own opinions (maybe agenda?) will influence what he posts. Everyone has their own views about Sam, Dave Jones, Gethin Jenkins, TG and Vincent Tan, inner circles, literary output and the opinions of pine furniture salesmen. Carl is no different.

Corky suggested a few days ago that the 'updates' should be re-presented as Carl's 'Gossip Column'. That would be better. Less likely to produce for or against opinions, and less likely to upset people who see the 'updates' as leaks from the club that could cause serious embarrassment or damage - even if the sources are deep inside the club with access to real information.

It might also reduce the 'them' and 'us' nonsense between messageboards. They have different styles and different mixes of posters - but there is a massive overlap and many CCFC fans read and post on both!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:because people just like being idiots and causing a fuss.

I read them, analyse them and determine myself whether something is feasible or not. Not offense to Carl but even he OPENLY admits its what hes been TOLD. Its not FACT and carl himself states that.

He's just trying to be as much help as he possibly can be and full credit to him for that. Its mainly his updates as well as banter here and there that keep me interested in this message board. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I totally agree with you. From what Carl has always said, never take what he says as ' gospel ', he has his sources and it's up to us to belive it or not.

Ne never claims any of his updates are 100 percent accurate, so I just wish people would stop knocking the guy for actually trying to give us city fans news before it breaks offically from the club.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:52 pm

Wolf wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:It's ridiculous how some people are on this board and the other one.

"It's ridiculous how some people are on this board and the other one".......What do you mean?

He mains you cant like Oasis and Blur, Sega and Nintendo, Man United and Liverpool get my drift :D

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Great post this,maybe time for people to come forward and say why they don't like the updates :roll:

For me Carl puts himself out there to tell fans what is going on,and plans for the future,anything CARDIFF CITY :ayatollah: .

What happens after the updates...People come on here "new names" wanting to shoot him down :(

I tryed to keep people updated with the MM thread and then had people starting their own one,and telling me i was wrong :?:
I still not had 1 person from the other thread telling me i was right..Quick to have a pop.but slow to say i was right :o

Carl does not have to do these Updates,but in the time he goes to work,writes for the Echo,spending time with his family,trying to finnish that book for Annis :roll: - He still finds time to keep us informed - i for one am greatfull :ayatollah:

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ENJOY TO HAVE A GO AT CARL AFTER HIS UPDATES - DON'T READ THEM TO START WITH :!:

OR BETTER STILL CAN YOU PLEASE KEEP ME UPDATED - AND START YOUR OWN WEEKLY UPDATE - I LOOK FORWARD TO IT ;)

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:25 pm

Its very easy to criticise Carls posts. I do not have any inside information, and look forward to any posts that impart possibilities/probalities in what is going on at the city. The majority of Carls posts have been spot on (none can deny that) the sniping I have seen on here about Carl is born out of Jealousy. Which shows how shallow some people can be. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:39 pm

The problem we are having is that members (mostly newbies) jump straight onto Carl about his post if they are slightly off tune, too late, or in some cases too right, as it could be damaging to the club! Carl just posts what he hears for us all to read and discuss, never does he say that it's 100% guaranteed. With that in mind he has been very helpful, informative and a high % of info has been spot on. Those who complain still come here, that's enough proof that Carl has attracted people to this board because they want more.

Everyone wants to be a 'source' master and at times its like playground talk on here AND the other forum.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:Pretty much everytime I read one of his updates they are informative and accurate. The only time I can remember them being wrong was when He said Alun Shearer was for sure going to sign for the club.

Now it seems that there is a bandwagon where lots of city fans jump on it and laugh at his updates and they are pretty much a joke etc.

Why ?

And when he said the Riddler had resigned..he hadn't. But apparently that was Annis' fault. But I still look forward to them. It's what gives this board the edge over the other one....though I don't like the sychophantic element.