Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We need a new club badge

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:37 pm

One where you can actually SEE the bluebird! The last 3 kits with that shield is basically a badge within a badge and you need a hubble telescope to spot the bluebird. I like the new kit, hate the badge, hate the sponser BUT VERY GRATEFUL OF COURSE TO VT AND TG! :ayatollah: From a glance if I was wearing that top out, lets say outside of Wales, curious observers would think its a MALAYSIA TEAM JERSEY! As all you can see is Malaysia and Cardiff City in tiny writing!

Then again there is a part of me that thinks as long as we are winning and playing well, we could be playing in Bacofoil for all I care!

The badge should be like the early to mid seventies, a big bluebird filling a white circle.

Oh almost forgot welcome aboard MM!! You have my 110%!! :ayatollah:

Re: We need a new club badge

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Small things come in big packages...........................so my Mrs told me :shock: :shock: :shock: ...

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:48 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:One where you can actually SEE the bluebird! The last 3 kits with that shield is basically a badge within a badge and you need a hubble telescope to spot the bluebird. I like the new kit, hate the badge, hate the sponser BUT VERY GRATEFUL OF COURSE TO VT AND TG! :ayatollah: From a glance if I was wearing that top out, lets say outside of Wales, curious observers would think its a MALAYSIA TEAM JERSEY! As all you can see is Malaysia and Cardiff City in tiny writing!

Then again there is a part of me that thinks as long as we are winning and playing well, we could be playing in Bacofoil for all I care!

The badge should be like the early to mid seventies, a big bluebird filling a white circle.

I think the badge, like the one in your avatar would probably suit the new kit quite well actualy.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:52 pm

I like the current badge :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:53 pm

I love this badge

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:54 pm

I hope we dont change it again i hated that cetic flag badge sam brought in and loved it when we changed it back for our last season at np and kept it again, i also know alot of people who had the badge we got now tattooed in the 80's and 90's and were well pissed off when sam changed it so were relieved when it came back, i like it and would keep it forever and i bet if you did a poll of the chance to change it or keep it i think a big majority would want to keep it as it is now :old: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:56 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:One where you can actually SEE the bluebird! The last 3 kits with that shield is basically a badge within a badge and you need a hubble telescope to spot the bluebird. I like the new kit, hate the badge, hate the sponser BUT VERY GRATEFUL OF COURSE TO VT AND TG! :ayatollah: From a glance if I was wearing that top out, lets say outside of Wales, curious observers would think its a MALAYSIA TEAM JERSEY! As all you can see is Malaysia and Cardiff City in tiny writing!

No we don't. The one Sam introduced was shit.

Keep it as it is!

See right!

P.S. I 2nd your welcome to Malky.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Nooooooooooo! We really need to forget about changing the badge. I hated that old one we had. I love the new one it shows we are welsh and looks good. I hope we never change it if we do I won't buy the new kit Ill just wear the old one :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:02 pm

I dont want the badge changed

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Leave it as it is remember what sam did to it !!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:42 pm

i can see the bluebird on the badge it the biggest thing on it

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:00 pm

No change

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:18 pm

i like the old badge to and I can remember it but the newer one is Cardiff City to me take that away like SAM did and you take a piece of the club with it.

Glad it came back and you can leave it as it is thanks. :D :D

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:31 pm

a new badge :shock: :shock:

i'd have to cut my leg off then :cry: :cry:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:51 pm

No no no no no no no no no no, had that stupid St David thing for 2 years, the badge we gave now is classic, leave it be.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:02 pm

FEX SAKE, YOUR ALL MISSING MY POINT!!! Or I probably explained myself poorly. :oops:

I disliked Sams badge also! It was crap. Its that shield that I dislike, and maybe my thread header should have been "We need to lose the shield". I appreciate its the shape of the 1927 badge, but it just makes the 'classic' badge within it so small. The best badge is the one on my avatar IMO, very closely followed by the daffodil/dragon badge in question. So next season lose the shield and make the badge bigger and have Leffe Beer as our sponsor!! :D

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:03 pm

keep the badge but get rid of that stupid shield around it! no need for it to be there.

have it like the 2002 shirt. like the one in the pic!

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 82,00.html

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:24 am

Lamboy88 wrote:keep the badge but get rid of that stupid shield around it! no need for it to be there.

have it like the 2002 shirt. like the one in the pic!

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 82,00.html

THATS IT OLD SON! :ayatollah: