Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Probably What is expected

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:47 pm

But I am hearing that Malky Mackay wants to bring Sean Dyche in as his Number 2.

If this happens what will happen to Terry Burton ? Will he be kept on ?

Re: Probably What is expected

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:50 pm

carlccfc wrote:But I am hearing that Malky Mackay wants to bring Sean Dyche in as his Number 2.

Burton seems like a genuine bloke and if a certain author on here is to be believed DJ ignored alot of his tactics/plans. If Burton has been ignored then i feel he deserves a role within the club. If he is part of the bottling culture then he should go.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:51 pm

The Watford fans don't seem too keen on Dyche, any idea why?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:51 pm

I guess the situation with Burton all depends with Neil Ardley, if he does goto Watford, there could be a possibility of Burton having a different role within the club, such as youth coach. Guess it all depends on Malky Mackay, I'll support whatever decision he makes. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:But I am hearing that Malky Mackay wants to bring Sean Dyche in as his Number 2.

if its time for change then terry must go aswell :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:54 pm

If mackay feels dyche is a man we need then i have every faith. I liked TB, always showed more passion than dj

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:55 pm

i don't like to see anybody lose their job, but i think malky should be able to bring in his own backroom staff and if terry burton does leave i'm sure he won't be out of work for long.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:57 pm

With the upmost respect to Terry Burton I believe that it is time for a total clearout and a FRESH start.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:01 pm

This is something we just have to take on the chin.

We have to back MM and let him bring in who he wants and get rid of those he doesn't want.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:18 pm

I have never understood why we have had a reserve team manager but no reserve team. I'm not sure what Paul Wilkinson earns but with ajob title of Reserve Team Manager well his role was redundant when DJ decided not to have a reserve team.

I havn't got a problem with PW he was a decent forward player but his role within the club needs to be clarified and suggests that the whole backroom arrangements under DJ should be reviewed.

If that means people leave the club well that's life. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:20 pm

why not get a reserve side going and put TB in charge...

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:21 pm

skunky wrote:why not get a reserve side going and put TB in charge...

Good Shout :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:21 pm

castleblue wrote:I have never understood why we have had a reserve team manager but no reserve team. I'm not sure what Paul Wilkinson earns but with ajob title of Reserve Team Manager well his role was redundant when DJ decided not to have a reserve team.

I havn't got a problem with PW he was a decent forward player but his role within the club needs to be clarified and suggests that the whole backroom arrangements under DJ should be reviewed.

If that means people leave the club well that's life. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gary, I am a Burton Fan but Spot on about having a Reserve team Manager But No team :roll:
Regarding Burton what ever he did in training all week was then changed on Friday, The players did Respect Burton, But whatever Malky decides I am very happy to go along with :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:22 pm

skunky wrote:why not get a reserve side going and put TB in charge...

Good idea Skunky, as if they now got rid of Terry Burton now,it would Cost us 6 months wages anyway :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 pm

I like terry burton but its not up to us if he stays or goes its up to malky.He has to be totally happy with it all and if terry has to go to keep the manager happy with a new man of his choice coming in then thats it really.

If he goes I would like to wish him all the best. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Maybe Burton will stay as coach ? I'd hate to see him go .

But then Wilkinson would be surpus.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Tim, I will go with that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:39 pm

I think he will keep Ardley but Burton, Wilkinson and Margetson will go. We need a fresh start and new ideas.

StT.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Couldnt Terry Burton play a role with Neil Ardley, if i remember correctly, there will be an introduction of under 21's football team, in which players like, Meades, Santiago, Wildig, Jarvis, Farah, Evans would benefit from greatly, in conjuction to reserve team management.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:27 pm

Watford could do worse than take Burton back, perhaps with Ardley.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

I think TB offers more than Wilko

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm sure that MM could find a role for TB. I thought that we were supposed to be setting up an under 21 team this coming season. TB could do that. We also need to enhance the academy. We need to spend much more resource on running the academy. We always need good coaches there and scouts looking for young talent. He could also scout first team opposition and scout for new players at home and abroad. If we are serious about running a proper football club there is always plenty to do for a good coach like TB.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Whatever role Terry has at this club, it won't be as assistant manager.

Would he accept a demotion? Doubt it. Dyche will come here. Tel will go.

Another thing, Watford fans were singing Dyche's praises 4-5 days ago. Now they know he's off, they have changed their tune. Unsurprisingly.

Looks a bit ginger for my liking though.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:39 pm

I think Malky has to bring in his own staff.

I expect Ardley will stay, but Dyke will replace Burton.

:ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Like ive posted in the other thread, I hope Malky can bring in a team he is comfortable with and wants at the club.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:16 pm

IT,S A WELL KNOWN FACT WHEN A MANAGER MOVES ON HE TAKES HIS BACKROOM STAFF WITH HIM :o

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Sadly, Terry's gone for a

Burton.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:32 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:With the upmost respect to Terry Burton I believe that it is time for a total clearout and a FRESH start.

Agreed'' Out with the old' In with the new!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :old:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:07 am

woodyfromtred wrote:

IT,S A WELL KNOWN FACT WHEN A MANAGER MOVES ON HE TAKES HIS BACKROOM STAFF WITH HIM :o

It doesn't always happen. Unfortunately it looks like we're about to lose anything of any value. It annoys me, as the staff were all in place BEFORE Malky became manager. These are NOT people he brought in himself. But I guess he's not confident enough to do the job without them......

Not happy. I would give Dyche a chance, but most fans don't know too much about him hence the reason they want rid. Opinion is very divided, and right now we haven't got much to be positive about. The last thing we needed right now is to lose all the staff that have worked so hard to build the club up over the last 3 years.

Can't wait for this season to end.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:30 am

anotherhornet wrote:
woodyfromtred wrote:

It doesn't always happen. Unfortunately it looks like we're about to lose anything of any value. It annoys me, as the staff were all in place BEFORE Malky became manager. These are NOT people he brought in himself. But I guess he's not confident enough to do the job without them......

Not happy. I would give Dyche a chance, but most fans don't know too much about him hence the reason they want rid. Opinion is very divided, and right now we haven't got much to be positive about. The last thing we needed right now is to lose all the staff that have worked so hard to build the club up over the last 3 years.

Can't wait for this season to end.

Anotherhornet chin up. There are loads of managers out there that will be desperate for the Watford job. You may pick up a gem, keep the faith.