A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blackberry Curve - help required

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 pm

it's out of battery so i've plugged in the charger,
but it won't turn on and it hasn't done so for hours

PLEASE HELP GUYS :( :( :(

Re: Blackberry Curve - help required

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:25 pm

i had one that did that - battery just died. Bought a cheapish one of ineternet and cos i didnt charge it for a while same thing happened. You can get cheapish replacement batteries of of of ebay < tenner

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:35 pm

right cheers
i only left it overnight lol
even so, shouldnt it turn on while being charged?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:38 pm

The battery is probably too drained.

You could try warming the battery gently (VERY gently), see if that helps. Just put it in the sun, or on a radiator or something. Don't put it in the oven is what I'm saying.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Ste_W wrote:The battery is probably too drained.

You could try warming the battery gently (VERY gently), see if that helps. Just put it in the sun, or on a radiator or something. Don't put it in the oven is what I'm saying.

for how long approximately?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:50 pm

Well, if it was me, I'd leave the battery in the phone, plug in the charger, and stick it on the radiator for a bit, see if it pops into life.

But if you can't do that, give it 20mins or so, then pop it back in the phone, see if it'll charge then.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:51 pm

i currently have it resting in the sunlight :D
hopefully it'll be good as new

cheers fellas

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:55 pm

it's working :D
thanks again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:54 pm

Leaving your in sunlight can damage it further. Have a look at the battery there should be a white sticker on it. Is it still white or a pinky colour :?:

If this problem has happened once then its likely to happen again.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:12 pm

:ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:01 pm

What network are you with? Blackberrys have a 12 year warranty, if you are under warranty bb will only repair faults no damage. Do you have insurance with the network? If so you don't need to be under warranty to get a replacement or repair, they'll replace the phone usually with 24 hours. BB are shit and are our number one fault phone where I work. Pieces of over rated shit!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:06 pm

12 month.....not year! Haha.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Here is a little tip.. DON'T ever purchase an I Phone or a Blackberry as they are awful phones.

Me and my Mrs both own a Samsung and a HTC and I have never looked back. They are simply the best phones on the market.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:29 pm

If youre contract you will find Blackberrys have 24month warranties. And yes the curves arnt great....but thats because they are budget phones. But the Bold and Torch are top notch. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:46 pm

It honestly depends on the user, I run one of the orange stores in Liverpool, we have no problems with iPhones what so ever, other than useless owners. It's is propably the only smart phone we can sell to 'mature customers' and first time touch screen users as it is sooo simple. HTC is a ggreat phone too...they are considerably cheaper on contract than the iPhone too which helps. Android which is basically google with a different name have produced a good competitor to the apple app store etc...not there yet, but grow g in popularity and are on many other branded handsets.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:50 pm

baseboy007 wrote:It honestly depends on the user, I run one of the orange stores in Liverpool, we have no problems with iPhones what so ever, other than useless owners. It's is propably the only smart phone we can sell to 'mature customers' and first time touch screen users as it is sooo simple. HTC is a ggreat phone too...they are considerably cheaper on contract than the iPhone too which helps. Android which is basically google with a different name have produced a good competitor to the apple app store etc...not there yet, but grow g in popularity and are on many other branded handsets.

Except Android currently being sued over by Oracle, given it's pretty clearly a Java clone.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:52 pm

nerd wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:It honestly depends on the user, I run one of the orange stores in Liverpool, we have no problems with iPhones what so ever, other than useless owners. It's is propably the only smart phone we can sell to 'mature customers' and first time touch screen users as it is sooo simple. HTC is a ggreat phone too...they are considerably cheaper on contract than the iPhone too which helps. Android which is basically google with a different name have produced a good competitor to the apple app store etc...not there yet, but grow g in popularity and are on many other branded handsets.

Except Android currently being sued over by Oracle, given it's pretty clearly a Java clone.

Tell me more?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Get an iphone.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:59 pm

Karl wrote:Get an iphone.

crossed my mind but didnt say it :lol:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:14 pm

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:Here is a little tip.. DON'T ever purchase an I Phone or a Blackberry as they are awful phones.

Me and my Mrs both own a Samsung and a HTC and I have never looked back. They are simply the best phones on the market.

I've had an iPhone since the first one came out and upgraded each time the new one has been released and I've never had an issue with any of them whatsoever. I did drop my iphone 3g, took it in to Apple who replaced it for free.

iPhone's may be expensive but there is no doubting their quality and Apple's customer service is brilliant in comparison to companies like RIM, Nokia, Sony Ericsson etc.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Karl wrote:Get an iphone.

crossed my mind but didnt say it :lol:

Why? I can get an android cheaper than an iPhone with a better camera, more powerful engine, fully customise with free apps and music (without voiding the warranty) and I get a 2yr warranty.

No brainer. Android all the way :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:26 pm

One thing ill say about the iPhone is that once your a iPhone user, you're always an iPhone user...never do we see Iphone customers upgrading to other handsets other than apple, same can't be said for other handsets. You can argue until your blue in the face but what ever it is they do, they do it well and it works.

Obviously some do leave iPhone for other phones, but on the grand scale of it..it's barely half a percent that do. (for the corrective smart arses)

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:37 pm

baseboy007 wrote:One thing ill say about the iPhone is that once your a iPhone user, you're always an iPhone user...never do we see Iphone customers upgrading to other handsets other than apple, same can't be said for other handsets. You can argue until your blue in the face but what ever it is they do, they do it well and it works.

Obviously some do leave iPhone for other phones, but on the grand scale of it..it's barely half a percent that do. (for the corrective smart arses)

Orange have had the iphone for how long? Is it October 2009 they got it? So I should imagine you haven't had many upgrading customers from 3gs to iP4 yet?

You are right though. Most people dont leave iPhone. But thats a bit like many Blackberry users dont swap to anything else. The same as Android users.

I've been an android user since they were released in 2008 (think it was october 2008). Love them. Been using Blackberry for a while as I have a work phone aswell. But i like variety so sticking to the same interpretation of one operatiting system would annoy me, where as Android varies in different handsets.

I will give this to Apple though, can't fault their customer services in Cardiff since they opened in SD2. Certainly makes my job easier :ayatollah: