Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Simple Solution to get Ridsdale Out

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:47 pm

1. Those fans who feel the same as me, vow not to invest another penny in the club until he is gone, critically not renewing season tickets next season.

2. Those who have paid for season tickets already, get a petition going, get legal advice, do whatever you can to get the money back, even if it were to be futile.

3. Given the above will be sure to focus the minds of those in charge as nothing does so better than the fear of losing money, nevertheless pursuing the EGM is critical in highlighting the incompetence of Ridsdale.

4. Protests at every given opportunity.

5. I'm quite sure there are many other things we can do on top too!

Can anyone honestly say that a combination of the above would result in anything other than his leaving the club? It could well lead to administration, but that is where we are heading anyway. I see no way we can get to the end of the season without admin, the assurances from many, Keith (Since62) who I have no shame in admitting is the peron who's view I respect more than any other (Steve Davies is up there too, as are some others), saying he has little or no doubt we will survive, I simply do not see. Unless investment comes in, no-one on this board, either individually or collectively, has the financial resources to subsidise the £7m or so we need to get to the end of the season, that's disregarding the £2.7m tax bill of course. Bearing in mind if we make it that far, we will make an operating loss next season of around £10m, and not necessarily below it, how the hell and who the hell is going to ensure we can continue to function with such astronomical and escalating debt?

As for protesting being harmful to the club, I find that laughable. Why is protesting about someone who has personally violated every Cardiff City fan with his lies, deceit and incompetence counter-productive? If the Malaysians are genuinely interested in our club, why would they be so saddened to see an incompetent buffoon who they realise themselves to be an incompetent liar having his position marginalised even more, leaving them in an even stronger position than they already are? Their most powerful weapon is Ridsdale's financial mismanagement of our club that leaves us is terminal dire straits (my favourite band of all time on a lighter note!), further weakening his position will do nothing but good for their prospects of getting the club for a song, making it good for us, good for them, very bad for Peter.

I don't say this lightly as I appreciate the severity of administration, firstly and most importantly there being no guarantee that we come out of it, secondly the likelihood of relegation and thirdly the years of recovery that will mean where we are now will be but a distant dream, but give me admin, gve me third or even fourth tier football but most importantly, give us a chance to get our club back because frankly, anything is better than the f*cking disaster that this club now is. All most of us want is for the club to be run competently, efficiiently and within its means and for us to be treated with the respect football fans of any club deserve, something sadly lacking under Ridsdale. Any potential investors, of which the Malaysians are the only serious one's, will have adulation bestowed upon them they can only dream of were they to treat us with the most basic of decency, whilst their personal ventures will see a huge increase in stature making it a win, win situation for them. The potential of our club is huge, the large catchment area that as yet hasn't even scratched the surface, the rules on youth players that will help us continue with one of the most potent academies in the land and providing the feeling between board and fans is reciprocated, the most passionate, loyal supporters you could wish for. If the Malaysians truly are interested in us, adulation, wealth and whatever you wish for awaits you, if not then I am prepeared to take the risk of administration in the hope of the club acheiving salvation because under Ridsdale there is no hope. In the meantime, I truly hope the Malaysians realise that all we are doing should we protest against Ridsdale is defending our club, something that should be an attractive and admirable trait, not something to be wary or sceptical of.