Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Another Long Marathon

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:49 am

Another long slog. We must be able to finish off teams. My heart sank every time we had the lead with 10 mins to go and the whole team were camped just outside our penalty box. Attack is the best form of defense :evil: :x :ayatollah:

Re: Another Long Marathon

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:50 am

Cesca wrote:Another long slog. We must be able to finish off teams. My heart sank every time we had the lead with 10 mins to go and the whole team were camped just outside our penalty box. Attack is the best form of defense :evil: :x :ayatollah:

agreed! that was jonesy biggest error imo! if the team could hold on to leads wouldve been top of the league and won it! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:54 am

I agree fully. I also noted that we never seemed to be able to put people in the box when needed. The players were never supporting. Got the feeling that it was individuals were trying but not the team.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:53 pm

THERE WERE A FEW GAMES WHEN MANY OF THE TEAM LOOKED KNACKERED. IRONIC THAT THE FITNESS GUY HAS LEFT!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:00 pm

I think after reading Mackays comments on 'work ethic' for next season, Im sure he will improve the players fitness levels so that we can last the full 90 minutes and not just 70.

Havent seen much of watford but seeing they scored an impressive amount of goals last season, mackay must love attacking football, something which will certainly benefit our players.

If you watch some of watford's goals from last season, they played the ball into the box from out wide and let danny graham, collect the ball and he also had plenty of options in and around the box :ayatollah:

I think Mackay will again play with a target man, whether that man is Jay Bothroyd remains to be seen...