Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SHOULD WE GIVE OIL ANOTHER GO ?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:21 am

He did break up alot of attack last season and put away a few good goals , but he was a little slow and some times try to do a little to much and lost the ball which ended up as a goal. Would you give him another chance with us. We really need some one to take control of our MF but who ?

Re: SHOULD WE GIVE OIL ANOTHER GO ?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:28 am

which one,castrol or duckhams? :roll:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:29 am

Was good in a central midfield three at start of season but not good consistently enough in a two man central midfield. For the wages he is on I would prefer to give someone else a go. It's a shame because he is a really nice guy and had some cracking games. If we struggle as much as we normally do to get a defensive midfielder in then I would definitely have him back instead of trying to play Whittingham or McPhail as deep midfielders. His ability to win headers in the centre of midfield is something we haven't had for a long time. Ledley would win headers but they would never go to one of our players.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:45 am

Oil, he he, castrol please. Oli (Oil) was good at defending and taking the ball, but once he got the ball he did not really know what to do with it. I think he has a lot of potential and with time and experience he would really be an excellent player. So, yes, I would like to see him back with Cardiff.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:49 am

i would defo give him a chance!! also try & get brown in who was released from portsmouth!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:51 am

id rather go solar.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:52 am

Oli needs a battler with him in midfield. Him and Drinkwater looked promising until Danny got injured then Oli struggled.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:59 am

I think he was doing his best but was let down by Whits who wouldnt even go at a 50/50 ball and would just stand off players so Oily oli was doing it all. But i do agree he did go down hill a little at the end of the season,but there again if your doing it all I guess you would get a bit piss off.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:00 pm

No way, had a couple of good games

He was usless in the rest of the games :twisted:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:50 pm

No not for me. If we put a bid in then they are going to want Gerrard and I would prefer Gerrard to Oli.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:12 pm

No return for Oli as far as I'm concerned. Either excellent or dreadful. We need players who are consistently 7/10 every week. Not 8/10, then 3/10 the following week etc etc

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:21 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:He did break up alot of attack last season and put away a few good goals , but he was a little slow and some times try to do a little to much and lost the ball which ended up as a goal. Would you give him another chance with us. We really need some one to take control of our MF but who ?

No f/ck 'im off defo. He was like to many of our players last season. One good game followed by 3 shit ones.