Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PHIL DWYER!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:09 am

My new book, the autobiography of City legend, Phil Dwyer, is now available to pre-order on Amazon! Big thanks to Fairwater Youth on this messageboard who scoured his old programs, and found a brilliant picture of Phil in our famous 70's strip, which has now been used for the cover! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The book covers all of Phil's highs and lows playing for his boyhood team, from breaking into the team under Jimmy Scoular, playing in the promotion winning team of Alston and Evans, the antics of Robin Friday, almost dying on the pitch against Gillingham, his call up for Wales, being released and resigned by Len Ashurst, and the dark days under Alan Durban. The book also covers his time working as a police officer and of course how his career came to an end after being arrested for drink driving whilst in a police car!

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Cardiff-City-A ... 223&sr=8-2

Re: PHIL DWYER!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:55 am

Is this an official autoiography?? was Phil involved

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 am

Good luck Jimbo and well done to Fairwater Youth ...... I just found my old progs from 1976 onwards and was gonna get a pic but he's beaten me to it :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:07 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Good luck Jimbo and well done to Fairwater Youth ...... I just found my old progs from 1976 onwards and was gonna get a pic but he's beaten me to it :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Cheers !!!!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 am

Cracking cover James!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:27 am

Thats a great pic of Joe ....... fair do's :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:49 am

Jimbo will there be a book launch? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 pm

Just to confirm that this is an official autobiography and I spent many hours interviewing Phil! The book is his own words, I was just employed by a publisher to put it together. The publisher is currently speaking with the club about abook launch, and signing with Phil. Hopefully we will have a confirmed date soon but it is likely to be early into the season! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Great picture James This is going to be great read for all city fans Wish we had some more players at the club with the heart of big Phil

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Just to confirm that this is an official autobiography and I spent many hours interviewing Phil! The book is his own words, I was just employed by a publisher to put it together. The publisher is currently speaking with the club about abook launch, and signing with Phil. Hopefully we will have a confirmed date soon but it is likely to be early into the season! :ayatollah:

Great WH Smiths have a release day as Oct is that right

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:00 pm

that`ll be bought by me as soon as its released! well done jimbo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:Good luck Jimbo and well done to Fairwater Youth ...... I just found my old progs from 1976 onwards and was gonna get a pic but he's beaten me to it :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Cheers !!!!

I second that WELL DONE RICHARD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Just to confirm that this is an official autobiography and I spent many hours interviewing Phil! The book is his own words, I was just employed by a publisher to put it together. The publisher is currently speaking with the club about abook launch, and signing with Phil. Hopefully we will have a confirmed date soon but it is likely to be early into the season! :ayatollah:

SUPERB Jim
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Will be getting this. :ayatollah:

O/T

I was always of the impression that an Autobiography
was when it was written by the person its about and a Biography
is when its a book about someone written by someone else.

Can someone confirm that Im right or am I losing the plot.

:?:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:39 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Will be getting this. :ayatollah:

O/T

Ha ha Theres a lot of confusion on this! An autobiography is meant to be when it's written by the person who the book is about, a biography is when someone else writes there views, and other people's, on a person! Most autobiographies these days are ghostwritten, which means someone like me spends hours interviewing the subject, getting the story first hand, and then writing it all up as if it's written by the person themselves. In this case Phil and I spent hours together discussing his story, I went away and wrote it, and then Phil read it to ensure it said everything he wanted to say.

In regards to release date all the websites say October but the publisher is hoping to have it out in Sept. As soon as I know AAMB will be the first to know :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Will be getting this. :ayatollah:

O/T

Ha ha Theres a lot of confusion on this! An autobiography is meant to be when it's written by the person who the book is about, a biography is when someone else writes there views, and other people's, on a person! Most autobiographies these days are ghostwritten, which means someone like me spends hours interviewing the subject, getting the story first hand, and then writing it all up as if it's written by the person themselves. In this case Phil and I spent hours together discussing his story, I went away and wrote it, and then Phil read it to ensure it said everything he wanted to say.

In regards to release date all the websites say October but the publisher is hoping to have it out in Sept. As soon as I know AAMB will be the first to know :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Will look forward to reading it mate.. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:01 pm

brilliant,at last a book about one of my favourite players ever,can't wait,will definitely be getting this.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Thanks for the support guys , really appreciate it! If you get round to reading the book I hope you enjoy it!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Thanks for the support guys , really appreciate it! If you get round to reading the book I hope you enjoy it!

Jim, I will make it a sticky once you have a date for the launch :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Thanks for the support guys , really appreciate it! If you get round to reading the book I hope you enjoy it!

Jim, I will make it a sticky once you have a date for the launch :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Annis! Really appreciate it! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers Annis! Really appreciate it! :ayatollah:

PHIL DWYER in MY EYES A REAL LEGEND :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: