Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whitts

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:35 am

Hey,

Aussie here from Sydney.

I'm a long time viewer and decided to register and post.

I'm hearing rumours that Leeds are interested in Whitts and he wants to go. I'm hearing a fee has been agreed and he looks like he's on his way.

Can Carl or anybody confirm this? I hope he doesn't leave

Re: Whitts

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:46 am

I must admit that I can see Whitts leave.

He has been a great servant but I cannot see him reacting to MM's high intensity play. Whitts did well to get in players faces at the end of the season but he is one of those really laid back characters who, if not a football player I think he'd be 20 stone and sat on a couch playing Xbox. :D

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:47 am

Would Leeds be a step forward for him? I don't think so.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 pm

course it would be a move upwards he'd be moving UP north lol...g.day mt btw..

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:09 pm

£1.5 million + we should snap their hands off.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:22 pm

blooobirds wrote:£1.5 million + we should snap their hands off.

Uh, no....... :?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:31 pm

He signed a new contract last year.

He is one of the best talents in the Championship (if Bellamy is X FACTOR, Whitts is x factor)

He is settled in Cardiff.

He was one of the better players at the back end of the season - matching work-rate with quality (Bellamy influence?)

He had nothing to do with Boozegate

Why on earth would anyone want to see him go?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:33 pm

jon1959 wrote:He signed a new contract last year.

He is one of the best talents in the Championship (if Bellamy is X FACTOR, Whitts is x factor)

He was one of the better players at the back end of the season - matching work-rate with quality (Bellamy influence?)

cos he's wank

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Good player,very talented,match winner but can be frustratin...keep him

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:36 pm

As mentioned elsewhere

Different with Whittingham, he's a key player, on decent money, likes the area and the club, and has just got a new manager.
The only reason he'd be leaving is if Mackay doesn't want him, which is extremely unlikely. if he does then there will be a string of clubs after him. Remember season before last, Forest were saying he's coming to us and we'll wait until his contract is over and get him for nothing if you don't sell him to us... well that worked out well didnt it
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 030967.stm
They were prepared to pay £1.5m for him too , and he was rated at £2.5m. he wasn't as successful last season, being asked to play an unsuitable role, but his quality is obvious and he wont have lost value. He'd actually be the most valuable player in the club.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... rdiff-city

Maybe the Yorkie rag thinks we need to sell ? Not the most outward looking people up there, so I doubt they would be aware of our billionaire owner.
Another club who think their history means they can have whoever they want because of the name

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Why on earth would anyone want to see him go?[/quote]

cos he's wank[/quote]

35 goals and countless assists from midfield In two seasons does not equal a wank player! The criticism this bloke gets astounds me, he's not in the team to be a work horse, he's in there to create and score which he does on a regular basis!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:42 pm

i don't want whitts 2 go cos hes been 1 of my favourite city players i've seen wearing that blue shirt. it would be a shame 2 see him leave. i personally think going 2 leeds is the wrong step 4 whitts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:11 pm

AUSSIE wrote:Hey,

Aussie here from Sydney.

I'm a long time viewer and decided to register and post.

I'm hearing rumours that Leeds are interested in Whitts and he wants to go. I'm hearing a fee has been agreed and he looks like he's on his way.

Can Carl or anybody confirm this? I hope he doesn't leave

Welcome on Board, Carl where are you ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Obviously MacKay will decide what players are staying and who are going but with the loss of the other players it is important to keep him. He is a goalscorerer. Look at the number of goals that he has scored for us over that period and the number of assists. Well worth more than 1.5m

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:28 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
jon1959 wrote:He signed a new contract last year.

cos he's wank

I'd like him to stay but I did LOL at this, because it is funny. :lol:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:31 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Why on earth would anyone want to see him go?

cos he's wank[/quote]

35 goals and countless assists from midfield In two seasons does not equal a wank player! The criticism this bloke gets astounds me, he's not in the team to be a work horse, he's in there to create and score which he does on a regular basis![/quote]

What about over 4 seasons?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:36 pm

If people think getting hungry passionate players is enough to replace Jay, chops, witts etc etc then i think they are mad. You need quality as well as a good work ethic. I see witts being a massive player for us next season.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:39 pm

He is lazy but when you can ping some of the balls that he can ping around the park it kinda makes up for it and he can score the odd goal or two and not a bad free kick taker

But Yeah i dont think he will suit the fast flowing football that Mackay likes and we all saw at watford in december last season. TBH there was one part of the game we couldnt touch the ball or get near caus they kept the ball so well and was too quick for us. Lets hope we have the same sorta football at the city! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Got more assists' to Bellamy's goals than any other player. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:23 pm

We should never let whits go how any supporter can have a go at one of our best players is beyond me. He was a midfielder who scored 20+ goals in a season that got us to the play off final then last season Dave Jones moved him about he played in centre then on the left then on the right but some supporters just blamed Whits when if Jones stuck him in one possition he would have scored 20+ again.

Mackay is not daft and will keep Whits as he is one of the best players in the championship and 1.5 million is a bloody joke to be honest for a player of his ability for gods sake because he is a cool player does not mean he is shit as some of the bollocks on here it is because of his laid back aproach he is a good penaltys & Free kicks.

The boy is a Cardiff City player who did not get greedy and leave for more money as offered at Forest he signed a contract for the us unlike other so called heros we have at the club

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:30 pm

valleyrambill wrote:We should never let whits go how any supporter can have a go at one of our best players is beyond me. He was a midfielder who scored 20+ goals in a season that got us to the play off final then last season Dave Jones moved him about he played in centre then on the left then on the right but some supporters just blamed Whits when if Jones stuck him in one possition he would have scored 20+ again.

Mackay is not daft and will keep Whits as he is one of the best players in the championship and 1.5 million is a bloody joke to be honest for a player of his ability for gods sake because he is a cool player does not mean he is shit as some of the bollocks on here it is because of his laid back aproach he is a good penaltys & Free kicks.

The boy is a Cardiff City player who did not get greedy and leave for more money as offered at Forest he signed a contract for the us unlike other so called heros we have at the club

Spot on :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:33 pm

valleyrambill wrote:We should never let whits go how any supporter can have a go at one of our best players is beyond me. He was a midfielder who scored 20+ goals in a season that got us to the play off final then last season Dave Jones moved him about he played in centre then on the left then on the right but some supporters just blamed Whits when if Jones stuck him in one possition he would have scored 20+ again.

And that's the truth! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:52 pm

even though he obviously had less of an impact in 10/11 than the season be fore,whitts showed flashes of brilliance,i really dont see him going anywhere,i understand we need some a couple of mean fuckers in midfield but his craetivity will be absolutely vital for us,jonesy expected miracles from the boy but he never moaned,never whinged to the press just got on with it and gave it is all under difficult circumstances
with all due respect why the hell would he want to go to leeds ?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 pm

if snodgrass moves on, then i wouldnt be surprised to see leeds come in for him.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:50 pm

Cos his name is too long and does not fit properly on the jersey...............lol

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:38 am

Whittingham is class. NQAT!

He's been linked with Norwich and I'd hate to see him go but given the amount of non intellects we have as fans who think hes a poor player I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

If he does go, all the best. He's done great for our club and this season he even did a job in CDM when Jones stupidly decided to play him in there, which makes no sense whatsoever.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:11 am

well said mate, i think his laid back approach is what gives him the stick from fans and he looks lazy. Put he is one of the best passers in the championship. Proven he can score goals, dangerous on the freekicks/penalties. And has got hell of a left peg on him. Remember this is the kind of thing he can do, it would be silly to get rid of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3LVoIihU4U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKWz_7pf ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay4nkptM ... re=related

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am

We all want him to stay - but does Malky.

Carl, we need you to settle us!!!