Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chris Burke - Any chance of getting him back !

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:07 am

I would have thought Chris is well fecked off after signing for Brum then the manager doing one days later. Now we have a new manager with ambition and a good work ethic is there any chance of tempting him back.

Not sure on what contract he's signed bit the scottish factor would be a massive plus.

Come back Chris !!!!!

(we dont have many other songs to sing apart from the mcnaughton one !)

Re: Chris Burke - Any chance of getting him back !

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:04 am

Why would we want him back - Towards the end of the season he was cack

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:19 am

No thanks

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:31 am

Chris Burke served us well, but let's move on please.....

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:35 am

Bye Bye didnt want to stay now Uncle Mc Leish has left Brum tough shit. Also why do we have this obsession with bringing back ex players when it very rarely works.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:44 am

Agreed, he served as well but it is time to move on.

He wanted to go to Birmingham for more money so I can't see him wanting to come back anyway. He wanted to go where the money was so let him get on with his career there. New manager fresh start. :old:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:04 am

I agree, leave him there. I thought he was going back to Scotland to be nearer to his child(ren), he did exactly the same thing as Ledley and Bothroyd who got slated for it.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:02 am

yorkie wrote:I would have thought Chris is well fecked off after signing for Brum then the manager doing one days later. Now we have a new manager with ambition and a good work ethic is there any chance of tempting him back.

Not sure on what contract he's signed bit the scottish factor would be a massive plus.

Come back Chris !!!!!

(we dont have many other songs to sing apart from the mcnaughton one !)

Why, he made it perfectly clear he wasnt happy here. Time to move on and change our team completely, I hope Bothroyd dont come back aswell.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:09 am

All these ex players are Jonesy's signings, I want Mal to sign "his" choice of players, Burkie was a great favourite of mine but it's a new era now with a new manager and judging by the way Watford played last season we're likely to see some very exciting games with hopefully plenty of goals, so it's a "no" from me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:30 am

no for me,burkeys lack of physicality,seemingly diminishing pace and poor tackling ability was a big negative for us last season,who knows he may get a good run of games at birmingham hes a class act on his day

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:30 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Why would we want him back - Towards the end of the season he was cack

Agree with you, great two seasons ago, last season he was very poor although at the end you could tell that he genuinely felt for the club, anyway, it,s a fresh start with fresh new players for me!!!!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:53 am

hes gone keep it that way,knocked off the ball to easy for my likeing,and any one who was at burnley will testify that.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:21 pm

He simply isn't worth 20k a week.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Why would we want him back - Towards the end of the season he was cack

This ^^^^ Other than at Millwall where he had a decent game.