Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Good times return?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Gotta be said Malky was not my first choice,but having that all too close shave with Shearer and reading wfc blogs/posts and general football opinions of the man,i now feel positive about the coming season.
Having watched his press conference i think he could be just what we need at this time.
Discipline,work ethic,good football,passion and enthusiasm.
The secret ingredient to all this has to be us the fans......
My favourite era was the days of 'Eddie Mays barmy army'......chanting his name,banging the boards,sore throat for days after,standing on the bob bank ,fans raising the players and the roof with a constant river songsand banter......good times!!!
My point is i truelly believe as long as we get behind the Manager and show patience while he builds a new team we can get back to those halcyon days.........i have also read many negative posts about pre and post 2000 fans..well lets show everyone how we did it back then and look forward to the future.. 'Malky Mackays Barmy Army'!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

P.S Hope i'll soon be singing once more 'Earnies gonna get yeh!' :ayatollah:

Re: Good times return?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:31 am

Well i would like to say,lets all get behind the new manager and show what its like to be the best team in the championship.
Dave Jones was a great manager just needed a bit more of the Welsh killer instinct. :ayatollah:

Re: Good times return?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:42 am

ediwelshboy wrote:Gotta be said Malky was not my first choice,but having that all too close shave with Shearer and reading wfc blogs/posts and general football opinions of the man,i now feel positive about the coming season.
Having watched his press conference i think he could be just what we need at this time.
Discipline,work ethic,good football,passion and enthusiasm.
The secret ingredient to all this has to be us the fans......
My favourite era was the days of 'Eddie Mays barmy army'......chanting his name,banging the boards,sore throat for days after,standing on the bob bank ,fans raising the players and the roof with a constant river songsand banter......good times!!!
My point is i truelly believe as long as we get behind the Manager and show patience while he builds a new team we can get back to those halcyon days.........i have also read many negative posts about pre and post 2000 fans..well lets show everyone how we did it back then and look forward to the future.. 'Malky Mackays Barmy Army'!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

P.S Hope i'll soon be singing once more 'Earnies gonna get yeh!' :ayatollah:

Eddie had a great rapport with the fans, and a lot of his players looked like they'd happily
kill to get the ball. Im not so sure its important for Malky to have a 'great' rapport with us,
because if he sends his team out with a bit of passion and fire in their bellies then we
will be more than happy.

I think a perfect eulogy for the teams under Dave Jones would be

"Sometimes they played like they had their hands in their pockets!"