Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JAY great footballer HOWEVER

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:17 pm

How can so many of u back him to come back to our beloved cardiff after that weekend of madness and up to 4am the day we were playing mboro. I will never ever forgive him chops and 2other wankers for the lack of disrespect they showed US and the CLUB. He doesn't deserve opportunity to come back to us. I rate him as a striker but NO way would I want to see him back in a city jersey. Just remember if we won against mboro and burnley and norwich results stayed as they were where wud we be??? Yes let's move on I agree and I'm excited about MM and season ahead but please NO to jay. :ayatollah:

Re: JAY great footballer HOWEVER

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Jay wasn't drinking as I don't think Jay drinks, Jay also didn't have a terrible game against Boro, it wasn't an attacking issue that caused that result.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:28 pm

I know he doesn't drink or may be little but mentally his head would never been right. Jay didn't play well at all, hardly any of our team did. How can u defend jay, disgraceful!! He was bang out of order.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:30 pm

And yes I agree jls was to blame for 2 out 3 goals.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:34 pm

bluebirdsprem2012 wrote:I know he doesn't drink or may be little but mentally his head would never been right. Jay didn't play well at all, hardly any of our team did. How can u defend jay, disgraceful!! He was bang out of order.

That one episode didn't cost us promotion and it was some of our most trusted defenders and ones who hadn't been on the lash themselves, who didn't perform on that day!

Everybody makes mistakes, including you I suspect and if you can think of somebody better than Jay at this level, who'd be like a free transfer to us, then send a note to the club! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Ofcourse I have but when your paid thousands a week you shouldn't be out until 4am on the same day as a match. You can't say that this 1 episode didn't cost us promotion? How do u know what may of happened if they were on there A game the answer to that me, u and the rest of the fans will never know. Yeah agree with the fact that kenian gave away that pen and has had a gr8 season for us but how did that ball get across to him and the other goal by JlS sleeping on the side line how long after goal went in was he on???? I honestly can't be bothered arguing my point its history u all know the truth and this wkend of piss taking shouldn't of happend. Can't u remember all the posts of this match and weeks after. Anyway I'm sure MM won't take any shite and will bring in quality who want to play for us. As annis always says onwards and upwards. Cmon city!!!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:07 pm

bluebirdsprem2012 wrote:Ofcourse I have but when your paid thousands a week you shouldn't be out until 4am on the same day as a match. You can't say that this 1 episode didn't cost us promotion? How do u know what may of happened if they were on there A game the answer to that me, u and the rest of the fans will never know. Yeah agree with the fact that kenian gave away that pen and has had a gr8 season for us but how did that ball get across to him and the other goal by JlS sleeping on the side line how long after goal went in was he on???? I honestly can't be bothered arguing my point its history u all know the truth and this wkend of piss taking shouldn't of happend. Can't u remember all the posts of this match and weeks after. Anyway I'm sure MM won't take any shite and will bring in quality who want to play for us. As annis always says onwards and upwards. Cmon city!!!

But it wasn't the day before the match, as it was the Friday before the Monday match!

The players who reportedly were the ones on the lash, Chops, JLS, Bywater etc., have either gone back to their clubs, or have been sold!

Yes Jay was with them, but he wasn't drinking and whilst he may have let us down earlier in the season by getting several bookings for his petulance, leading to him getting suspended for the Swansea home match, his overall performances this season were outstanding!

We all know he goes down too easily on occasion, but he also took a few kickings this season and got no protection from many of the refs!

He has clearly brought most of this on himself, as he has obviously earned a reputation as a player who goes down too easily, but he is still class at Championship level and on his day, is by far the best centre forward in the championship!

Don't forget, Jay had 2 lengthy injury lay offs this season gone and had he not suffered those injuries, he may well have scored many more goals, which could have driven us to automatic promotion!

Clearly this is conjecture, but so is your view, that the one episode of Jay with the pissheads, cost us promotion as well!

IMO, we needed a stronger defence and were particularly short of quality at left back, in goal and in central defence as well, so the defence is where I believe we lost our chance of automatic promotion! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:09 pm

bluebirdsprem2012 wrote:How can so many of u back him to come back to our beloved cardiff after that weekend of madness and up to 4am the day we were playing mboro. I will never ever forgive him chops and 2other wankers for the lack of disrespect they showed US and the CLUB. He doesn't deserve opportunity to come back to us. I rate him as a striker but NO way would I want to see him back in a city jersey. Just remember if we won against mboro and burnley and norwich results stayed as they were where wud we be??? Yes let's move on I agree and I'm excited about MM and season ahead but please NO to jay. :ayatollah:

I do'nt understand why everyone say's we lost out on promotion because of the Boro game. What about November, December and January when we played like relegation fodder.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:35 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
bluebirdsprem2012 wrote:How can so many of u back him to come back to our beloved cardiff after that weekend of madness and up to 4am the day we were playing mboro. I will never ever forgive him chops and 2other wankers for the lack of disrespect they showed US and the CLUB. He doesn't deserve opportunity to come back to us. I rate him as a striker but NO way would I want to see him back in a city jersey. Just remember if we won against mboro and burnley and norwich results stayed as they were where wud we be??? Yes let's move on I agree and I'm excited about MM and season ahead but please NO to jay. :ayatollah:

I do'nt understand why everyone say's we lost out on promotion because of the Boro game. What about November, December and January when we played like relegation fodder.

Exactly and Bothroyd went off injured early against Preson at the beginning of December, missing a full 6 league games and the draw at Stoke in the FA Cup during this time, returning to the side at home against Watford, towards the end of January! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:47 am

Lads valid pts there however to CLARIFY jay, chops, JLS and bywater were out sunday night too before mboro until Sam monday morning FACT as confirmed previously with annis and carl.