Brian Robson ruined Ernie

He jus did not fancy him at West Brom and only ever played him
as a sub. Yet he was West Broms top goalscorer that season in
the Premiership.

I think the extra motivation Ernie would have being home would give
him an extra half a yard. I'd say get him

HOWEVER...

We all need to remember, the Earnshaw we remember was younger, faster
and playing at a lower level than the Championship for most of his City career.

He's not Lionel Messi folks!!

Re: " Earnie's Contract Offer "

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:48 am

EARNIE is still a man who can do the job and i feel he would play with his heart and soul and would like to finish his career like Bellamy at City :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:47 am

Not sure about this one, as an out and out striker he was excellent but I always thought his game was lacking in other departments. If he were in the starting line up then the team would lose a little in the defensive dept and a little in the creative dept, he's capable of getting the goals but my only worry would be losing the initiative in those other departments, One lingering memeory for me was his inability to get us a goal in the play off final against QPR playing against 2 big cumbersome centre backs and seeing him taken off and Mr Campbell coming on and doing the business :o , don't think I'd want him as our main striker. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:07 am

carlccfc wrote:Earlier was on £13k pw at Forest and as we know he is now out of contract and that he has been offered a new deal by them to stay. The new contract offered is for £6,500 pw.

Earnie has told his family and close friends that he wants to come back to City. I am aware that the club have been made aware of his desire to return too.

Personally I would like to see Earnie return as I believe he still has what it takes and in some ways his story is not finished with us. I am certain his current offer from Forest is certainly something we can match or even better.

Hopefully something will happen. :ayatollah:

Lets not worry about what subs we are going to have, we need to get the main strikers sorted first, then if need be we can get him as back up later.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:17 am

I would be over the moon with him coming back!! He is one of the best strikers outside of the premiership and hopefully after getting us there we will give him the chance to become a top premiership striker!!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:20 am

carlccfc wrote:Earlier was on £13k pw at Forest and as we know he is now out of contract and that he has been offered a new deal by them to stay. The new contract offered is for £6,500 pw.

Earnie has told his family and close friends that he wants to come back to City. I am aware that the club have been made aware of his desire to return too.

Personally I would like to see Earnie return as I believe he still has what it takes and in some ways his story is not finished with us. I am certain his current offer from Forest is certainly something we can match or even better.

f/ck that!! why i offer him more money than Forest? If he wants to come home it should be on our terms. Offer the same,or a bit less. Personally i hope he stays where he is.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:35 am

#BringBackEarnie!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:52 am

It would be great to have him and Bellers in the team think of the pride they would both bring with them. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:18 pm

Is take him back but I hope people don't expect the hold earnie like some expected the old Koumas last season.

I wouldn't pay him more than8k a week either.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:53 pm

Might be ok as an impact player off the bench.if MM wants to play quick passing game then he won't fit in as he doesn't pass

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:55 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm

any more news on earnie signing or being contacted by the club ?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:50 pm

The best striker I've ever seen play for City. Whether it be right foot, left foot, header or overhead kick Earnie could score them all and for a man of his size it's superb. A great talent and one who has Cardiff City's best interests to heart. I think it would be a great first signing if Malky Mackay could get him back and he'd certainly win a lot of fans over with it. A Cardiff City record breaker and a man who doesn't believe his own hype like so many in the past (Chopra, Bothroyd etc) and who's modest and has time for the fans. Not bad for a lad who grew up in Mornington Meadows, neighbouring Lansbury Park in Caerphilly who came to Wales at a young age from Zambia. A legend in my eyes someone who if we want to progress we need in our team. He's by no means finished and still knows where the goal is. For one last time I'd love to sing 'Earnie's gonna get you'
:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Earnie's a proven goalscorer in the Championship and has been for years.

This is his level and he would bust a gut for us, which is more than can be said for 'i'm better than this club' Chopra and Bothroyd

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:17 pm

no better person to get us promoted than robert earnshaw and extending his record in the process love watching him play especially in a city shrt :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:24 pm

I really dont see how we can loose to sign him. He is the consumate professional, good as a mentor to less experienced players, doesnt have a drinking or a gamling problem

Happy days

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:19 pm

I would be over the moon if we could get Earnie back.......he didnt want to leave us in the first place.Get him back here CCFC.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:37 pm

We want Earnie back, say we want Earnie back :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Earnie to return please. He may not be at his peak, but he has a lot to still give. Also added to that a love for the team and the area it represents and a wealth of experience. Even if he doesnt start every match or score dozens of goals, he'll be a driving force in the team and definitely be a role model for younger and less experience players in the team. Still think he could score 10-20 goals in a season for us easily though.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:05 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Not sure about this one, as an out and out striker he was excellent but I always thought his game was lacking in other departments. If he were in the starting line up then the team would lose a little in the defensive dept and a little in the creative dept, he's capable of getting the goals but my only worry would be losing the initiative in those other departments, One lingering memeory for me was his inability to get us a goal in the play off final against QPR playing against 2 big cumbersome centre backs and seeing him taken off and Mr Campbell coming on and doing the business :o , don't think I'd want him as our main striker. :ayatollah:

Agreed. He's a better finisher than Chopra, but Chops was also our first line
of defence (when he was at his best)

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:25 pm

think earnies first touch has improved over the years, i thought in his last two games for wales he played simple balls to feet and was giving and moving looking for the return, i think he has a better first touch than chops anyway.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:55 pm

I would love earnie back home he is cardiff through and through and has a few season s in him yet. Brian prick Robson ruined Earnie he was a goal scorer not anything else and earnie never said he was anything else Robson however wanted more the problem was Robson was a shit manager the proof is there for all to see where is Robson now? on the dole. Give Earnie a go a great replacement for Chopra and what chopra gave us last year earnie couldnt do worse if he was 60. Chopra's behaviour last season was unforgivable last season

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Wikipedia shows 38 goals in 102 appearances for Forest, as a 30 year old still has some years left.

As a player to help us get into the Premiership he is a good bet, especially on a free!

Good idea to go for some Welsh players.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Totally agree with this i would love to see Earnshaw back at the club hes done a G8 job at Forest imo. and i still think he could be a 20 goal a season man if given the chance and would be an ideal signing as Chopra has gone to Ipswich. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Griff wrote:Wikipedia shows 38 goals in 102 appearances for Forest, as a 30 year old still has some years left.

As a player to help us get into the Premiership he is a good bet, especially on a free!

Good idea to go for some Welsh players.

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:17 pm

be nice 2 earnie back at tha club :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Spot on Carl, The Echo copied you today :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:04 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7JyHazrBE ....... :D ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:27 am

I don't usually agree with players coming back as they are never as good as we remember

However, in this instance, I do think earnie would be a success

I think he is now a better player than when he left - he has a more rounded game - and whilst I thought he was going downhill a year or so ago, I think he turned it round last season and certainly toowards the end of the campaign when he was looking sharp

He has also improved his finishing which can only be a good thing

Think we should offer him a basic wage similar to Forest but increase the bonuses for goals, wins, promotion

All contracts should be this way in my opinion....too many footballers sitting on their arses collecting money for doing f all

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:28 pm

trueblue wrote:I don't usually agree with players coming back as they are never as good as we remember

i strongly agree with that, one example was when robbie fowler went back to liverpool, he was nowhere near how good he was when he was first there. :roll:
:ayatollah: