Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Earnie's Contract Offer "

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Definetely worth a 2 year deal.

Even if he's just bought off the bench as an impact player.

Malky sign him up.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:10 pm

ninianblue wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:disagree carl i hope he don't return

let's move on from sentimental values

he was good in his time

mozzer. i dont think earnie has been used right, starting a game hes great. as a sub. hes poor. and since he left us. thats all he has been. a sub. :roll:

Earnie started many a game for Forest last season, although he also came on as sub many times!

Due to the large amount of forward options that Forest had, Earnie was always going to spend some time on the bench and start from there!

With regard to your comment that he's poor as a sub, cast your mind back about 4 weeks, when he came on in the second leg at the Liberty, scored one cracking goal, unluckily hit the post shortly afterwards and nearly turned a defeat into a victory for Forest!

We're going to need options up front next season and if we can get Earnie back for anything like the £6,500 per week mentioned, then he could well prove to be a bargain IMO! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:11 pm

ninianblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:This would be a dream come true.

Would get Earnshaw on the back of my City shirt for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

hold back, earnshaw. is 8 letters, we might sign someone with a 4 letter surname :ayatollah: :lol: every little helps :roll:

or a new super malaysian called li !!!

even cheaper :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:13 pm

A Yes for me.

Earnie's gonna get yer. Caerphilly boy wants to come home. Truth is he never wanted to leave. I have bumped into Earnie at party events at Christmas times and he has been drinking water. Wish I could say the same about DJ's teams, we would be in the Prem now.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Scored bundles for us in the Lower leagues but his record in the Prem and championship ain't impressive.
The fact that he spends his time warming the subs bench should tell everyone something.

Its a NO from me.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:21 pm

His recent form is a lot better than an impact player :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Dicey wrote:Scored bundles for us in the Lower leagues but his record in the Prem and championship ain't impressive.
The fact that he spends his time warming the subs bench should tell everyone something.

Its a NO from me.

I think hes record in the top two divisions are

Games played: 262
goals scored: 100

Not a bad record really considering how many of them have been off from the bench too :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:27 pm

I for one Carl would love to see little earn back at Cardiff. I know people say at forest he didn't make a big impact, but, this may sound daft, but earnie has never looked that comfortable since he left Cardiff, as he knows at Cardiff as long as he was fit he was guaranteed to start. With forest he was on the bench a lot. I feel coming back to his home and boyhood club we wi see a rejuvenated earnshaw.

Thanks for the post and update.

Incidentally, I have no prior or inside knowledge or anything, but I know someone close to earnie and I feel (just my opinion), that as long as he WANTS us and MM wants him then he will sign for us.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Come home Earnie :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:39 pm

we have had enough of other clubs cast offs :old:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:46 pm

darboy wrote:we have had enough of other clubs cast offs :old:

I think signing earnie will be different to signing other players, i believe his passion for our club is immense and with him wanting to return to the club he would give 100% effort every time, not that often you can say that about players to certain clubs.

With the passion of him and bellamy on our pitch it could only be a good thing :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:53 pm

darboy wrote:we have had enough of other clubs cast offs :old:

He's not really a cast off though is he? He's been offered a new deal so they clearly want him to stay just on a smaller wage! I personally think he would be great again if he came back, proven goalscorer and we only have one striker at the moment and thats Parkin so any decent striker that wants to come to us should be a defiante yes! Especially if he's a City boy through and through! :D

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:14 pm

A player of his quality and experience on a free transfer Yes Please

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:16 pm

I would take him back, lets be real we only have Parkin at the moment

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 pm

not a bad addition to the squad , not as good as an in form michael chopra,

needs to play every week to keep his sharpness, I think he could still hit 20+

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:37 pm

I want Earnie back!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Would welcome him back! would be nice 2 have a player that we know would have a bit of passion about the club!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:51 pm

think his best days are behind him hence forest aint keen not sure maybe bench at best

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:17 pm

bluestar wrote:think his best days are behind him hence forest aint keen not sure maybe bench at best

Forest have offered him another contract, so they clearly see him as a good player to be in their squad!

With regard to his reported offer of £6,500 per week in wages, Forest are merely hoping to keep him on a reduced wage, but probably taking into account, the fact that he has now turned 30 and hasn't quite got the legs that he once had!

They're also probably hoping that he feels settled in their area and would be quite happy with their offer, bearing in mind that he's probably set up for life, with the wages and signing on fees, he's already accrued over the past few years! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:29 am

Earnie will always be a legend!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:02 am

Taking sentiment out of the equation i think Earnie can still score 15 plus goals in the Championship and for that reason alone i would sign him.

Add to that the fact that he his City through and through and will bring passion and 100% committment to the club then if we give him 7k a week i think he would finish his career as a City legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Earnie's Contract Offer

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:32 am

he was good in his time

Whaaaaatttttt?!?!?!?!

Good in his time??

The boy was a legend last time here and STILL has what it takes in this division!!

Did you watch what he did single-handedly against the Jacks recently?? If he'd been put on 15 minutes earlier he WOULD (IMO) have won the game for the Scabs....

Sorry, can't believe your statement....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:20 am

i simply cannot understand how some fans are against the idea of Earnshaw coming back to City. It's not as if we are paying £2m for him is it? We would be getting a PROVEN goalscorer at this level who would score 20+ goals a season if he was playing regularly, a player that absolutely loves this club, a player who would put his body on the line for this club, a player who is 29/30 years old with still a few great years ahead of him, a player who is much more experienced and knowledgeable than when he first played for us, a player who can score goals from absolutely anywhere, a player who is one of the best finishers we have ever had at the club (he was a much better finisher than Chopra) and to top it all off the most amazing thing is that he is available on a FREE TRANSFER. I really do think that this club suits Earnshaw down to the ground, he has always played his best football here and he has always had a great relationship with the fans. I would sign him up instantly if I was Malky. Earnie can and will score us the goals that will fire us into the Premiership. If we can get good enough players that can help Earnie in his quest for goals then we will be up there challenging, for definite.

Bloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 am

Definitely a must on a free transfer. Chops out and replaced by earnie is an easy win win for the city.
Can't believe people think he's past it.
20goals guaranteed.
Mm make it hAppen .

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:28 am

Earnie is a Bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:29 am

he was good in his time

totally agree :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:35 am

Would be a useful addition in our push for promotion.

Don't think he will set the division alight but 10-15 goals for us this season will do for me.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:37 am

A no brainer. Bring Earnie home :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:30 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Cheers for the post Carl,would love to see Earnie back :ayatollah:

TopCat, do you have any odds on Earnie's next club?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:46 am

[quote][/quote]

if we can get him for free and under £8k per week its good business. Hope he can maintain his form now he's got his confidence back. Both Billy Davies and Tosh didn't believe in him but he's proven championship. its not just sentiment,who else could we get for that price with that record? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: