Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Earnie's Contract Offer "

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Earlier was on £13k pw at Forest and as we know he is now out of contract and that he has been offered a new deal by them to stay. The new contract offered is for £6,500 pw.

Earnie has told his family and close friends that he wants to come back to City. I am aware that the club have been made aware of his desire to return too.

Personally I would like to see Earnie return as I believe he still has what it takes and in some ways his story is not finished with us. I am certain his current offer from Forest is certainly something we can match or even better.

Hopefully something will happen. :ayatollah:

Re: Earnie's Contract Offer

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Awsome news mate,fingers crossed

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 pm

disagree carl i hope he don't return

let's move on from sentimental values

he was good in his time

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:40 pm

as long as we offer him a contract and at least match forest's wage to earnie, then Carl I can only see one club Earnie will want to join :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Cheers for the post Carl,would love to see Earnie back :ayatollah:

Re: " Earnie's Contract Offer "

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:41 pm

Carl, I would love Earnie to RETURN and Yes he has made our club aware that he wants to come home :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:42 pm

he has recently proved he still can score... good goals too with the goal in the play offs and for wales in home nations...

we could offer the same or some form of a goal bonus ie 6.5k plus a decent bonus if hits say 20 goals...

im sure though all we would need to do is match their offer...

I would love to see Earnie back in a Cardiff City shirt hopefully it can happen Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He's still got a lot to offer, especially in a Bluebird's shirt. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, I would love Earnie to RETURN and Yes he has made our club aware that he wants to come home :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree

I want players here who are passionate to play for this football club. And Earnshaw is deffo one of them :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Go get him malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi
Get Earnie back he has passion and can still score goals,he doesn`t need five chances to score like Chops , he nearly wrecked the Jacks only the width of a post stopped his 2nd goal which may have swung the game.
Priority 1 = Bellers
Priority 2 = Earnie
we need goal scoring players who love this club !!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:45 pm

GREAT news this is! Let's bring the lad back and get ourselves up in the prem!
MALKY MACKAY'S BARMY ARMY!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Would love Earnie to come back, if nothing else he will give 100% every game he plays. I still believe he has it.

Come home Earnie! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

carlccfc wrote:Earlier was on £13k pw at Forest and as we know he is now out of contract and that he has been offered a new deal by them to stay. The new contract offered is for £6,500 pw.

Earnie has told his family and close friends that he wants to come back to City. I am aware that the club have been made aware of his desire to return too.

Personally I would like to see Earnie return as I believe he still has what it takes and in some ways his story is not finished with us. I am certain his current offer from Forest is certainly something we can match or even better.

Sorry not for me as a previous poster said Jason Roberts, Leon Best, sharp, Maynard are better... Take the emotion out of it. :old:

MOZZER1 wrote:disagree carl i hope he don't return

let's move on from sentimental values

he was good in his time

mozzer. i dont think earnie has been used right, starting a game hes great. as a sub. hes poor. and since he left us. thats all he has been. a sub. :roll:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Earnie,Bothroyd,Bellamy and Parkin there won`t be many better attack force in the championship than that

do it malkay :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sentimentally yes bring him home.

Practical, not 100% but worth a go.

Earnie is a goal scorer. Proven at every level. Bring him back.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:50 pm

On £8k or even £10k a week for a proven goal scorer at all levels (including international) it's a no-brainer really.

The guy is 29/30 years of age, has improved since he left us, a very clever player these days. Loves his home town (city). And it seems wants to be here.

Always good for at least 15 to 20 goals a season.........................YES PLEASE, EARNIE C'MON HOME,

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:52 pm

jason roberts is 33 474 apps 161 goals

earnie 30 437 apps 196 goals..

leon best 198apps 48 goals....

earnie for me!!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Top scorer for us of all time would love to see him back here good goal celebration to lol.

He is a local lad and wants to play for us and I think we need more of the same it means more to those players who support the club they give that extra bit in games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:55 pm

carlccfc wrote:Earlier was on £13k pw at Forest and as we know he is now out of contract and that he has been offered a new deal by them to stay. The new contract offered is for £6,500 pw.

Would love it big time

ON par with phil stant an ar lol

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:56 pm

Love him back.

He still has it that is for sure.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 pm

How are we supposed to succeed by taking players that our competitors don't want. There's no room for sentiment when looking for success. Where did buying older players get Jones?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 pm

This would be a dream come true.

Would get Earnshaw on the back of my City shirt for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:03 pm

In his day Earnie was a true legend of CCFC and good little fella to boot.

I can't remember where it was, Earnie at half time taking pot shots at Bywater when we had him on loan. Earnie came over to the fans, shook hands, signed autographs, had chats, time for people. Absolute gentleman.

I would welcome Earnie back to Cardiff City, perhaps not as the player we once knew but for what he can do for the community at large. One of ours that scored the goals the nailed Germany, yep we've all forgotten about that!

If I was DTGB, JLFG, TLG, Sludge, I'd have a sock stall. One always looses one socks.

Earnie back and a role for him in the future, a sixty year contract. If I can do it, so can you, I might a better athlete, I might be a football player, there are better, there are worse. Get yer head down and do it.

Role model.

I'm starting to belive again

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:04 pm

i would love earnie back :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:This would be a dream come true.

Would get Earnshaw on the back of my City shirt for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

hold back, earnshaw. is 8 letters, we might sign someone with a 4 letter surname :ayatollah: :lol: every little helps :roll: