Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Could Naylor be finished here?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Just a thought after the game against Watford last season when Malky targeted Lee Naylor as the weak link and attacked his side every time with Buckley do you think Naylor will be in Malky's plans or will he be gone as Malky prefers younger players and age isn't on Naylors' side

Re: Could Naylor be finished here?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:17 pm

dont think he will be gone, but would think and hope we would have someone else....

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:17 pm

I hope so - just not good enough. Trying to pick up a good end of career contract.........he's not the type of player that we want or need

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Might be needed wide left midfield until we bring in some others. A job he could do though. Decent engine, would cover the LB and has a great delivery on him.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:20 pm

hes not good enough. one of dj.s favourites :roll:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:21 pm

i f*cking hope so for one ... but credit to him, adleast he was proffessional and not a pisshead like JLS was! the tossser :evil:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Weakest part of the squad, hope he gets sold off. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Ok - see what you are getting at.

But wouldn't a young , enthusiastic youngster on half his wages do that..........Darcy Blake maybe

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:23 pm

BERTRAND! :lol:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:24 pm

ninianblue wrote:hes not good enough. one of dj.s favourites :roll:

Malky did target him when we got stuffed at Watford so he (Malky) obviously knows he could be the weak link

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Might be needed wide left midfield until we bring in some others. A job he could do though. Decent engine, would cover the LB and has a great delivery on him.

Guys like Naylor as they get older fit into a full back position, Kennedy being a prime example of that. Naylor looked good material for that role but failed at our expense. I will be gob smacked if he makes it back to us now.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Sorry to say that Naylor has to go out on loan with us paying half his wages, div 1 club maybe

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Sorry to say that Naylor has to go out on loan with us paying half his wages, div 1 club maybe

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Fingers crossed - yes! :lol:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Hope so

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Naylor had some good games, as well as the bad ones. The two games over Christmas and New Year against Watford and Bristol City shot his confidence to pieces, but next game, Leeds home, he was pretty good again. Not sure if he's on contract, but if so, keep him. Can be useful, despite the weaknesses. Not every game for him was a disaster. Someone suggested midfield if needed. After all, this is an experienced footballer, who has played Champions' League. And, again like one of the others said, he is always professional, not like Samuel. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:36 pm

I hope to God Naylor leaves this summer.
The guy is a joke! He cost us so many goals last season through basic errors!
Ryan Bertrand on loan please. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Might be needed wide left midfield until we bring in some others. A job he could do though. Decent engine.

This is a wind up surely! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:26 pm

I use to remember when people criticised Quinn and Hudson and wanted them gone.

I'm willing to back Naylor for next season, and I think with the right manager he might come good, I hope he proves everyone wrong. I'll back any player who respects our club and our fans, and dont go on the lash before the game.

So come on NAYLOR prove everyone wrong :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:38 am

You would certainly hope so....

Naylor, you ARE the weakest link....goodbye!! :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:42 am

2blue2handle wrote:Might be needed wide left midfield until we bring in some others. A job he could do though. Decent engine, would cover the LB and has a great delivery on him.

Luke

Were you pissed when you typed this!!!

I agree on the delivery front but apart from that, he's not for me
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:28 am

ccfcninian wrote:Just a thought after the game against Watford last season when Malky targeted Lee Naylor as the weak link and attacked his side every time with Buckley do you think Naylor will be in Malky's plans or will he be gone as Malky prefers younger players and age isn't on Naylors' side

i cant belive he is still here