Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Bowyer rumour...

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:06 pm

this is what i read on football-rumours.co.uk....

"lee bowyer in talks with cardiff city new boss malky mccay about poss move to city" :lol:

despite the spelling fail, personally i think this wouldn't be a bad signing, but he is 34:\ and we need to sign youngsters from chelsea or man utd etc...

but we've only had malko about 2 minutes so how he is in talks already? :lol:
:ayatollah:

Re: Lee Bowyer rumour...

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 pm

From what i've gathered i think malky prefers the youngsters as opposed 2 dave jones who loved to sign older more experienced players on big wages

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 pm

no thanks!

cant stand him.... think we can do better!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:From what i've gathered i think malky prefers the youngsters as opposed 2 dave jones who loved to sign older more experienced players on big wages
and ijured and pissheads............................i could go on :)

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:From what i've gathered i think malky prefers the youngsters as opposed 2 dave jones who loved to sign older more experienced players on big wages

yeah i agree actually, if i was manager or something, i would do what swansea would do, pay the players small wages but huge bonuses so they have to WORK for their money!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:14 pm

I Think that players such as Landsbury and Drinkwater are the types of players who MM will bring in.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:16 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:I Think that players such as Landsbury and Drinkwater are the types of players who MM will bring in.

yeah, people who can grow and develop! instead of people who has reached the highest of their potential, because i think that once a player has reached his potential they start to go downhill a bit. :(

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:21 pm

he was working with a very small budget at watford mind so did excellent with the younger players he brought in..

i think we will have a mixture to be honest.. maybe 2 or 3 higher earners..

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:he was working with a very small budget at watford mind so did excellent with the younger players he brought in..

do you have any idea of what our budget will be? no news on it yet is it?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Rather have Emmanuel Frimpong from Arsenal.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:13 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:he was working with a very small budget at watford mind so did excellent with the younger players he brought in..

it appears to be around 20 mil so i believe as posted on here earlier in the week... this will be inc wages.. so i would guess around 3-4 mil for transfers etc..

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

it appears to be around 20 mil so i believe as posted on here earlier in the week... this will be inc wages.. so i would guess around 3-4 mil for transfers etc..

Henri Lansbury would be a cracking singing.... You know wenger loves us!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:47 am

we need hungry for glory youngsters, not player looking for a final pay-day for their pensions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:57 am

According to radio wales today,mackay has rejoined his family on holiday and will be back on thursday so this puts that rumour to bed

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:03 am

it appears to be around 20 mil so i believe as posted on here earlier in the week... this will be inc wages.. so i would guess around 3-4 mil for transfers etc..[/quote]

Henri Lansbury would be a cracking singing.... You know wenger loves us![/quote]

Lansbury is a good shout, but won't he be going back o norwich.

Personally i think Bowyer is a tw@t, but just the man we need in the middle fo the park. He's a fit lad and can still do it at 34. Looked a class act when i saw Birmingham on TV last year.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:04 am

charlieduke wrote:According to radio wales today,mackay has rejoined his family on holiday and will be back on thursday so this puts that rumour to bed

He'd best keep his mobile on.

Going on holiday when he's started a new job, disgraceful.

Mackay out. :lol:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:08 am

According to radio wales today,mackay has rejoined his family on holiday and will be back on thursday so this puts that rumour to bed

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:25 am

beddau blue wrote:we need hungry for glory youngsters, not player looking for a final pay-day for their pensions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thast the category id put bowyer in and id expect him to ask for no less than 20k a week-no thanks,we can do better