Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Start the Countdown.........

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Well it took a while but our manager has finally be named, Malky Mackay. A very good appointment and 90% of City fans seem to be happy with the appointment. Those fans who have already slated Mr. Mackay are the same fans who will be saying 'always had faith in him' if he takes City to the promised land.
He did a very good thing with Watford, only due to lack of depth in the squad did they fall away towards the end of the season. He needs time, and when I say time i don't mean a few weeks.

Mr. Malcky Mackay, welcome to Cardif City Football Club.

As well as that we also found out our fixtures for the season, West Ham away to start then Bristol City home. Not sure what to think of that 2 big games to start with. It's difficult to say what the teams targets will be this year, we need to bring in quite a few players and they need time to gel etc.
It can happen quickly, it can happen over a long peroid: WE NEED TO BE PATIENT!

Apparently Mackay has already identified targets to bring in and 2 are near to coming, is one Earnshaw!?? He was quoted to saying Mackay would be a good appointment for City, has there already been contact between the two. I BLOODY HOPE SO!!

With Earnshaw, Bellamy and Blake along with the lads who just signed pro contracts, we will have some local boys in the team. Makes a big difference having a few local lads in! :D

Within 24 hours I have gone from dreading to looking forward to the season starting!!!

West Ham away.........say no more.

The countdown has begun!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Start the Countdown.........

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:31 pm

good post mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: come home earnie

Re: Start the Countdown.........

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:35 pm

I think we will see earnie, gabbidon and bellamy playing for us this season, local talent who all want to play for the club and get us into the premier league :ayatollah: