Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT - Car Exhaust

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:04 pm

Any mechanics out there? My exhaust keeps coming loose. I just wondered if this was dodgy mechanic work or if it was just something that happens? I got the car serviced not long ago so a bit disappointed that the exhaust has come loose again.

Re: OT - Car Exhaust

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Loose were??? :?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Not a peugeot by any chance mate is it?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:46 am

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Not a peugeot by any chance mate is it?

Yeah! I doubt it's the mechanics but I just want someone with knowledge of this stuff to help me out because it's happened a few times now so it's becoming a concern. Especially because I need to do long trips in it.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:56 am

Zabier wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Not a peugeot by any chance mate is it?

Yeah! I doubt it's the mechanics but I just want someone with knowledge of this stuff to help me out because it's happened a few times now so it's becoming a concern. Especially because I need to do long trips in it.

I had so much trouble with the exhaust on my 206 gti,everytime it got fixed it started blowing a few days later,i ended up buying a full system new incl. cat,not cheap

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:10 am

Having a service has got nothing to do with your exhaust system. Really need to know where it is coming loose? It could be a case of you need new mounting rubbers, new clamps or new nuts/bolts or mounting springs. Or just a case of having things tightened up. Are any of the pipes cracked or broken?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:33 am

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:Having a service has got nothing to do with your exhaust system. Really need to know where it is coming loose? It could be a case of you need new mounting rubbers, new clamps or new nuts/bolts or mounting springs. Or just a case of having things tightened up. Are any of the pipes cracked or broken?

Think you've hit the nail on the head there.

Is the thing blowing, or is it rattling around and moving? If it's moving then the above post is probably the right diagnosis and you need to visit a good garage to get things tightened up and/or replaced, if it's blowing (noisey and sounds like the exhaust fumes are being forced out somewhere other than the tail pipe) you really need to replace the offending part.

Whichever it is you need it sorted, a faulty/loose exhaust system is not reccomended.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:42 am

there is a good garage behind the maltings in canton its called total car care. they are very reasonably priced with their work also you could try thr garage by the canton cross had a bit of work done there in the past and they are good to

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks for the help lads. It's moving and not blowing yet but there's a slight change of sound between 1st and 2nd gear if that makes sense? The exhaust has fallen off once already and come loose once before this so it's a bit annoying. I don't really have the money for a change of exhaust so was hoping it would be a fundamental problem. I'll take it to the garage on Monday and see what they say. Never having a French car again! :lol:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Zabier wrote:Thanks for the help lads. It's moving and not blowing yet but there's a slight change of sound between 1st and 2nd gear if that makes sense? The exhaust has fallen off once already and come loose once before this so it's a bit annoying. I don't really have the money for a change of exhaust so was hoping it would be a fundamental problem. I'll take it to the garage on Monday and see what they say. Never having a French car again! :lol:

Mine fell off aswell haha,hell of a racket