Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " DO YOU WANT JAY BOTHROYD BACK ? "

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Yes but paid no wages just £15000 per goal.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:23 pm

I am really unsure about this. I have never been so torn between yes or no over any player like this. Dave Jones certainly got something out of Jay that no manager had managed to do since he left Arsenal but since January we seemed to be seeing the old Jay Bothroyd that existed before he joined us. No doubt a very talented player but if he has now reverted back to the Jay Bothroyd that was at every other club before he joined us then I would say no I definitely don't want him back. I'm worried that we give him say a 3 year contract and then find we are stuck with the old Jay Bothroyd who can't be arsed. If however we was prepared to knuckle down and give 100% every game (and stay on his feet :lol) then yes I would like him back. But even then only for sensible wages.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:34 pm

Bobby Gee wrote:On his day the best target man in the champioship - holds the ball up really well, fantastic skill.
When he has got his right head on its a definate yes. Malky will sort him out

Why would it be so certain that Malky would sort him out? No other manager before Dave Jones was able to do it. And once Jay decided that he didn't want to listen anymore Dave Jones had the same problems with him that every other manager before him had. Very talented player but we could end up being stick with him with Malky having the same problems that all managers have had with him.