Re: " DO YOU WANT JAY BOTHROYD BACK ? "

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:53 pm

YES!!!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Yes i would definately ...

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:06 pm

if he came out and said he'd like to sign a new contract with us then yeah... Id love him to stay..

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Of course I want him back.

It will only happen if all the Premiership (and SPL?) doors slam in his face.

That might produce a more humble and useful Jay than the 'God's Gift' who left us!

However he is the most talented player I have ever seen in a City shirt.

Unfortunately it wasn't always combined with graft and application.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 pm

No

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 pm

I honestly think he was one of the best players up top in the championship his link up play is superb, excellent touch, good pace and he is a finisher from distance or in close. Name another player in the championship with the same qualities I know he goes over easy but look beyond that and not much bette.r I think clubs are frightened to sign him due to his attitude and being able to manage him I would take him back without doubt!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:09 pm

god us lot a fickle bunch only a couple of weeks ago to the man we all wanted rid, but now if seems like we all want him back, well i dont he is a bottler thats been proved ( blackpool refused the jab to get him through the game ) over and over lets start with fresh hungry players just my opinion

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" DO YOU WANT JAY BOTHROYD BACK ? "

On his day most gifted player in the Championship, but also the most laziest.

His agent is pestering City and asking them to discuss terms, but he has also touted him around to about 15 clubs in the last few months Hmm

I'd have him back, Annis....

BUT he'd have to be told in no uncertain turns that he OWES for the way he played AFTER he got his England cap....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Can someone put up a poll for this? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:31 pm

ccfcninian wrote:Can someone put up a poll for this? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

good idea

:)

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" DO YOU WANT JAY BOTHROYD BACK ? "

On his day most gifted player in the Championship, but also the most laziest.

His agent is pestering City and asking them to discuss terms, but he has also touted him around to about 15 clubs in the last few months Hmm

Yes but would also take Leon Best and Jason Roberts. Possibly all 3 and get rid of the Beast. Plus Earnie or Billy Sharp type small striker. Maynard at Brizzle is very good but would cost a few mill. And someone like Andrew Driver (Hearts I think) ...a good pacey winger who can score goals.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:44 pm

He can knob off.

Jay has talent but that is only good if you put the effort in. Through history you only have to look at the likes of Pele, Maradona and now Messi to see that. Those 3 put in loads of effort allowing their talent to show. Jay simple does not and we have to wait for quite a few games before we see any of it from him. Take last season, the first half of the campaign he made effort and scored some important goals. Then the second part of the campaign his laziness took control and we had to wait a long time before we saw anything good from him, the goal against QPR.

Having talent is a gift but you have to work for it to be good. Jay does not work for it.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:50 pm

No.

Out with the old and in with the new. Lazy Bambi.

When he is on his game he is pure pure quality but he seldom is. To get to the next level we need a TEAM of passionate team players with a high work ethic.

Onwards and upwards as we say here :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50484

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:54 pm

undoubtedly YES :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:48 pm

I think a new manager would re-energise Jay and bring the best out of him. I'd love to have him back.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Never ever !! He didnt have respect for us so i wont have any for him. We have got rid of all those that were involved in that shameful Drinkagate so he is gone and should stay gone.

LIKE IT OR NOT, JAY BOTHROYD WAS PART RESPONSABLE DUE TO HIS ACTIONS WHY WE ARE NOT NOW IN THE PREMIERSHIP AND LOST A POTENTIAL 90 MILLION. WHAT MORE HAS SOMEONE GOT TO DO TO NOT WANT HIM BACK AT OUR CLUB.
HE CAN ROT !!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Defo yes

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:11 pm

no no no... Mackay sees working hard as very important .. Bothroyd is very, very talented, but so lazy... He will always let us down :roll:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:34 pm

I want jay back!!!
He is a quality player. There's no point him going to the prem and sitting on the bench every week. He needs to be playing games and he will definitely start every game for us ahead of the beast!
Let's hope he comes back! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:25 am

I don't want him back for these reasons:-
1, another club doesn't want him so trying to sneak back with us
2, was offered a contract and turned it down
3, was out in Cardiff before games which shows he doesn't care
4, after he shoite out of a challenge against reading second leg that was the final straw for me

Let's get young players in who want to wear the shirt with pride!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:47 am

was not keen on the idea of him coming back, however what will it cost to replace him. Plus i think this manager is the type to kick him up the arse if he starts his antics.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:01 am

Nakedbussurfer wrote:I don't want him back for these reasons:-
1, another club doesn't want him so trying to sneak back with us
2, was offered a contract and turned it down
3, was out in Cardiff before games which shows he doesn't care
4, after he shoite out of a challenge against reading second leg that was the final straw for me

Let's get young players in who want to wear the shirt with pride!! :ayatollah:

1. Even if this was true, it isn't a good enough reason not to sign him, as we should sign somebody who would be good & good value for the club!

2. All players try to get a better deal for themselves. Jay is no different and again this isn't a good enough reason not to re-sign him!

3. He was caught out late one night, drinking glasses of coke. Everybody makes mistakes and this one sorry episode, wasn't what cost us promotion! Everybody deserves a second chance and I can't see why Jay can't be forgiven for staying up late drinking soft drinks, a couple of days before a game! If he had been at home, but couldn't sleep, or had been up until the same time playing on his Xbox or whatever, nobody would have known, but he'd have been in the same physical condition! As I said in a previous post, it was our usually reliable defenders (save for JLS), who hadn't been on the lash, who played poorly against Middlesbrough and not Jay!

4. I have no idea what challenge you are talking about, but Jay is a forward and a very good one! He is class at this level and would probably have been the top scorer in the league last season, had it not been for 2 lengthy spells out injured! As I said to a previous poster, if you can name somebody better at Championship level, who would be like a free transfer to us, then you should send a note to the club! To recruit somebody of Jay's undoubted talent, would cost us somewhere in the region of £3 million in my estimation, so I can't see any reason why we shouldn't re-sign him! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:38 am

Yes.

Talent
Goals
Cost Effective

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:
blooobirds wrote:Bothroyd and Earnie up front next season would be cracking :D

Sounds good to me, as long as Jay stays on his feet :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No chance of that from old Cauliflower arse :lol:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:27 am

Jay Bothroyd had bright spots early in the season but was indeed a lazy player. He always was looking to the referee to give a penality and didnot at many times just get up and get on with play. If Jay would have the motivation that Bellamy showed, Jay would be recruited by many of the top Premier League Teams.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:31 am

I agree Cosi. But he is a class player even if a little lazy

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:34 am

He was not just a "little lazy" but his laziness was chronic. :old:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:03 pm

No, I agree on his day he is one of the best players in the championship but after he played for England he played just like he wasnt bothered, Bellers back yes but not bothroyd!!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:23 pm

martblu wrote:No, I agree on his day he is one of the best players in the championship but after he played for England he played just like he wasnt bothered, Bellers back yes but not bothroyd!!

Jay got injured just after his England cap and was out for nearly 2 months!

He still managed to bag a hatful of goals, even though he had 2 lengthy stints out and he'll be a freebie! :ayatollah: