Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " DO YOU WANT JAY BOTHROYD BACK ? "

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:02 pm

BradSK wrote:I don't think Bothroyd himself is to blame for the touting to many other clubs; agents like Sky Andrew are bound to be getting about everywhere.

But I think I would have him back if the deal was right for the club. Surely if Bothroyd has seen that finding a new club wasn't as easy as he had hoped, he will lower his demands? Plus Malky won't put up with the petulance on the field that Jones did.

So yes but only if the deal is sensible for us.

Excellent post Brad, you've hit the nail on the head. Some of these agents are just pimps, pimping their "goods" around and also feeding the press a load of bollocks. On that bbc "newspaper" summary thing one paper was quoted as saying Liverpool are very interested in Jay. :lol:

I'd love to see Jay back, I've briefly met him a few times comming back from away trips and he's always had time to have a chat with us fans no matter how pissed we were, a really decent bloke. As you rightly point out though he needs a good manger to keep him focused, Jones seemed to have cracked that for a while but it did seem go the shape of the pear towards the end of last season, well since Christmas I think.

Onwards and upwards.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:03 pm

yes, but in his contract he should lose £1k a week every time he falls over for no reason :D

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Annis do u know how much more a week he is demandin? :ayatollah:

He was on 7-£8,000 a week, he wants about 13-£14,000 a week now.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:05 pm

if our new manager wants him then i will support them both

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Annis do u know how much more a week he is demandin? :ayatollah:

He was on 7-£8,000 a week, he wants about 13-£14,000 a week now.

Interestin...i would take him back for deffo

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:09 pm

On his day the best target man in the champioship - holds the ball up really well, fantastic skill.
When he has got his right head on its a definate yes. Malky will sort him out

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:11 pm

yes.However i believe our players wages should be more bonus related.
:old:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Yes, but only on a reasonably low wage with a reasonably huge bonus IF we get promoted....in other words he has to pull his weight and not spend most of it on his behind.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Is Jay interested in coming back then Annis??? He is a class act when he has his head on. I thought it was a bit strange that we didn't even offer him a contract end of season

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:17 pm

jamiebluebird wrote:Is Jay interested in coming back then Annis??? He is a class act when he has his head on. I thought it was a bit strange that we didn't even offer him a contract end of season

Yes he DEF WANTS TO.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:19 pm

No brainer he should be signed up already! Does mackay know about earnie and jay? Annis carl plz any info :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Annis, there isn't many of last seasons team I'd want back, time to move on, and of all of those players Jay probably had me putting my head in my hands the most, he drove me mad for almost every single game post England cap.

But that being said....he has natural talent, and perhaps MM could make the most of that, so to answer your question, yes I'd take him back...

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Offer him 10k with a 1k goal and assist bonus :ayatollah:

I was p*ssed off with his performances towards the end of the season but we all know on his day he's unplayable.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:22 pm

I would have him back a player of his calibre in this league are few and far between and playing under a new young hungry manager may have a positive affect on his football i really think Malky could bring out the best in him :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Yes only lack of motivation and discipline towards the end caused him to go off the rails. At the time he was good enough to play for England unfortunately it went downhill from there and where else could you buy an international of such quality. Jones had his undroppable favorites perhaps Malky is different and if you don't pull your weight you get dropped

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" DO YOU WANT JAY BOTHROYD BACK ? "

On his day most gifted player in the Championship, but also the most laziest.

His agent is pestering City and asking them to discuss terms, but he has also touted him around to about 15 clubs in the last few months Hmm

nope,lets not forget how badly he has let us down, :(

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 pm

sign him up he still could be a legend for cardiff city if he gets us to the premiership :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
jamiebluebird wrote:Is Jay interested in coming back then Annis??? He is a class act when he has his head on. I thought it was a bit strange that we didn't even offer him a contract end of season

Yes he DEF WANTS TO.

If Jay wants to stay, then I am all for it. Obvious reasons that have been given.

I'll send him a tweet!!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Nope.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:28 pm

MY head says no my heart says yes if pushed Id tell him to go f**k him self.

He never wanted to stay he thinks he is better than us so f**k the bloke.

Let I'm warm the bench somewhere.

We need people who want to play for us I don't think he does big headed cock.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:31 pm

If 13-14k makes him one of the top payed players at the club that only recognises his significance in the last few years. Would love to have a younger striker similar to James Vaughan who would be in direct competition with Jay and really push him to need to be at his best each game. Jay upfront with someone like Bellamy or Earnshaw would be awesome. Would be quite happy if new manager goes in a different direction but very difficult to guarantee a 30-40 goal partnership, would feel more confident with names like Jay, Bellamy and Earnshaw. Even names like Le Fondre, Nugent, Kamara, Benjani or Roberts wouldn't give me as much confidence but may produce better results however it's a gamble.

For me this year will be all about our midfield and whether it can provide more protection to the defence than last season while providing as many goalscoring opportunities.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Ok thanks Annis. Hope we can thrash out some sort of deal with him

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
cityone wrote:

His agent is pestering City and asking them to discuss terms, but he has also touted him around to about 15 clubs in the last few months Hmm

No, he has been crap since november and is body language on the pitch at times was a disgrace, remember, if a premiership club had already inquired about his services you wouldn,t have seen his arse for dust!!!!!

Of course but isn't that the same for 99% of players?

Yes you are totally right but his attitude was shocking at times, that said i get the impression that malky macky would only put up with it once and once only!!!!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Yes, got the skill. IMO, looking at the way Watford played toward end of the season and against us MM's style of play would suit Jay.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:40 pm

i would say yes.......

on his day he can be brilliant... even towards the end of the season there were signs of this, goal v qpr 22apr...

it would av to be on the right terms, i dont think malky is going to take any shit and hes not frightened to drop someone or pull them off if he thinks that..

on looking at the strikers out there, for free there aint many better..

just gutted we missed out on david norris from ipswich to pompey, thought he would av been a great midfielder for us...

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:43 pm

100% yes i would take him back!! him & earnshaw up front with bellamy flying down the wing!! to good to be true surely!! :ayatollah:

I would luv Jay back, Cardiff is the only club for him! :ayatollah:

Even though he hurt us with his performances after his England call up (excluding the QPR game) i dont think we can turn down quality like that plus he knows the club inside out and Malky wont put up with his childish shit like DJ did...

Imagine Jay an Earnie upfront with Bellers roaming - in a word CLASS! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 pm

I personally would have Jay back, talented player on his day, when his mind is right and when he stays on his feet. But Im sure i read somewhere that Malky doesnt do egos when he builds a TEAM. So unfortunately i cant see him coming back. Good luck to you though Jay, one of my favourite players at the city.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Like to see Jay as MM's first signing of the season.

I'm sure the new Manager and Set up would help in Jay's progression.

Fresh start and all.