Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DO YOU WANT JAY BOTHROYD BACK ? "

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 pm

" DO YOU WANT JAY BOTHROYD BACK ? "

On his day most gifted player in the Championship, but also the most laziest.

His agent is pestering City and asking them to discuss terms, but he has also touted him around to about 15 clubs in the last few months Hmm

Re: " DO YOU WANT JAY BOTHROYD BACK ? "

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Yes annis i would have him back in a heart beat how much more is he demandin?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Yes, best striker currently available on a free. Look at first half of last season to see what a good manager may be able to get out of him. Needs to concentrate on getting into goal scoring positions instead of getting too involved in build up play.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:46 pm

In a heartbeat!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:47 pm

I would welcome him back Annis, as long as he gets his attitude back to pre England cap !!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bothroyd and Earnie up front next season would be cracking :D

no thankyou

YES not going to get a 20 goal a season striker for £750K if thats his wage demands

Yes definitely, new manager gives him new chance especially if mm will drop him an sub him if not playing well, quality player for free ,

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:49 pm

In a flash....right no shit manager and he has the talent!!!! :ayatollah:

I don't think Bothroyd himself is to blame for the touting to many other clubs; agents like Sky Andrew are bound to be getting about everywhere.

But I think I would have him back if the deal was right for the club. Surely if Bothroyd has seen that finding a new club wasn't as easy as he had hoped, he will lower his demands? Plus Malky won't put up with the petulance on the field that Jones did.

So yes but only if the deal is sensible for us.

Definately yes for me and get Earnie and Bellamy for a front 3 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Definitely take Jay back and hopefully mackays no nonsense approach would demand Jay cut out all the diving and poncey shit which sometimes let's him down

hard to say a deffo yes. no doubt when he wants to he can be the best striker in the league. however what if his poor form continues.

Yes. There are few players of his ability available, especially on a free. Give a year's contract with an option for one more, plus a big fat promotion bonus and a promise of an extension for promotion aswell.

I suspect he has found out that the top 7 Premier clubs aren't interested, and the rest of the clubs aren't prepared to pay him more than championship wages.

Particularly useful if Bellamy returns as they were playing well together before Bellamy got injured.
Last edited by bluebird58 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 pm

If he's interested in coming back, we'd be stupid not to at least talk to him.

I'd like to see him back. He's class.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 pm

blooobirds wrote:Bothroyd and Earnie up front next season would be cracking :D

Sounds good to me, as long as Jay stays on his feet :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:51 pm

yes I would definately offer him a new contract but...... On our terms :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

In a heart beat!!

no

for me he is a symbol of an era that we left behind today

I was one who was driven mad by jay falling over ect.but early season he was good put him on low wage high bonas could make him work for it and the new man could perhaps get more out of him.he realises no one wants him

Imo we shouldn't be signing anyone on more than £10,000 a week. That goes for Bellamy also. Live within our means, and play by the rules. If players do not like it, then they can leave. After learning how much Naylor is on, then obviously we're just throwing away money.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:52 pm

If hes good enough for Malky hes good enough for me.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Without a doubt I would take him back, you will never get better up front than him at this level.

BUT Mackay needs him to know he wont put up with his sulks and he will be dropped in an instant, Jonesy would never drop him and Jay knew that.

GET HIM BACK!!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Yes, if he realises that just cos he's had one cap for England it doesn't make him Wayne Rooney. Before it he was a quality player and after it he lacked in effort and commitment imo!
:ayatollah:
Last edited by CardiffCasual1927 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" DO YOU WANT JAY BOTHROYD BACK ? "

His agent is pestering City and asking them to discuss terms, but he has also touted him around to about 15 clubs in the last few months Hmm

No, he has been crap since november and is body language on the pitch at times was a disgrace, remember, if a premiership club had already inquired about his services you wouldn,t have seen his arse for dust!!!!!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Annis do u know how much more a week he is demandin? :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:58 pm

do you think malky can get him to stay on his feet hmmmmm :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:59 pm

no thank you :x :x :x

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:00 pm

cityone wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" DO YOU WANT JAY BOTHROYD BACK ? "

No, he has been crap since november and is body language on the pitch at times was a disgrace, remember, if a premiership club had already inquired about his services you wouldn,t have seen his arse for dust!!!!!

Of course but isn't that the same for 99% of players?