Re: What you all never ever wanted to hear

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:05 pm

Tidy.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:05 pm

no way, the stadium is classed as an asset, that will never happen

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Section A wrote:If borley fails to raise the money buy Feb 10th to the tax man, The club are willing to talk to the Blues about them becoming our landlords and us the tennants, its true. :evil:

:lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:09 pm

They are just up shit street as us. So do i believe that noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:10 pm

There was an article about this in the Eggo today, is this where you heard it from or is this another source?

Although I notice its been removed from the on-line version!

Last edited by joncandy on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:They are just up shit street as us. So do i believe that noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sport is a bad business to invest in at the moment

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:18 pm

So hope not. Cardiff Blues put a Nail in Pontypridds Coffin and now this, I hate them please dont be true.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Haven't the council got first refusal on the stadium?

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:25 pm

oh no

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:33 pm

The Blues are skint though. Ok Peter Thomas has money, but why would he buy the stadium?

What would it do to the share price, a club with their own stadium vs rented stadium. PMG wouldn't want that would they!

Not sure how it would work with the council either, can't imagine were allowed to sell it as such

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Its in the tonight Echo about it towards the front of the echo .

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Its in the tonight Echo about it towards the front of the echo .

It was just a 'theory' put forward by the reporter.

Sounds like bollox to me.

Firstly I'd be amazed if the club sold the ground -players would go first.
secondly, is Thomas going to put £15m in , or lend it, - I doubt it
Third - £15m as a price when it means an annual swing of £1.25m in rent alone, God knows how much more for other things, doesnt add up.

I'd rather go into admin.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:40 pm

BlueCheg wrote:So hope not. Cardiff Blues put a Nail in Pontypridds Coffin and now this, I hate them please dont be true.

was a very sad day when Ponty were out in the cold while the other so called " big " clubs got their wish , at the time Ponty were the best team in the league and Newport the worst ............... money talks again in sport !

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:42 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Its in the tonight Echo about it towards the front of the echo .

Third - £15m as a price when it means an annual swing of £1.25m in rent alone, God knows how much more for other things, doesnt add up.

You may, but Hall, Guy, Thomas, Smart, and all the other Rhygbi-loving shareholders may have a different view.

as an 'asset', the stadium is only of value to someone who can use it - you can't sell it, can you. So the only, and likely people who could possibly have an interest would be Cardiff Blues.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:43 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
BlueCheg wrote:So hope not. Cardiff Blues put a Nail in Pontypridds Coffin and now this, I hate them please dont be true.

was a very sad day when Ponty were out in the cold while the other so called " big " clubs got their wish , at the time Ponty were the best team in the league and Newport the worst ............... money talks again in sport !
too true was a season ticket holder there, still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, i find the blues f*cking disgusting,

rant over :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:11 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

You may, but Hall, Guy, Thomas, Smart, and all the other Rhygbi-loving shareholders may have a different viewas an 'asset', the stadium is only of value to someone who can use it - you can't sell it, can you. So the only, and likely people who could possibly have an interest would be Cardiff Blues.

The assumption based on the fact that three people very much involved , and ploughing thousands into the blues happen to be three of the wealthiest business men in Cardiff. All interested in development investment. Added to the fact why would Investers rent when the opportunity is there to buy given that our directors are third division compared to them in the rich league.
Peter Thomas alone would die for the blues unlike our owners. Peter Thomas alone is also in the UK rich list unlike ours. Peter Thomas is also very upset with his landlords. Dont discount anything at the moment given the lies we have been told.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:15 pm

Section A wrote:If borley fails to raise the money buy Feb 10th to the tax man, The club are willing to talk to the Blues about them becoming our landlords and us the tennants, its true. :evil:

Yea woteva Treva!! :roll:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:20 pm

See my thread a few weeks ago called "Another scenario",when I mentioned Thomas

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:35 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

You may, but Hall, Guy, Thomas, Smart, and all the other Rhygbi-loving shareholders may have a different view.

as an 'asset', the stadium is only of value to someone who can use it - you can't sell it, can you. So the only, and likely people who could possibly have an interest would be Cardiff Blues.

You are right on that, bu we've got a 125-year deal on a peppercoen rent.

Surely worth more than £15m.

Also just read some council docs in the bath (which I 'nerdilly' :lol: kept from when we were first trying to build the stadium) that say if we sell the stadium the council are entitled to their money back.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:38 pm

The Blues hate the stadium more than Annis does, why would they want to purchace it ? Just get the Riddler out out out out.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Also just read some council docs in the bath (which I 'nerdilly' :lol: kept from when we were first trying to build the stadium) that say if we sell the stadium the council are entitled to their money back.[/quote]
Cardiff Council are desperate for a confrence centre where the Arms Park is so the Champions League Final bid has clout.Plans have already been drawn up ready.The man who can deliver is Thomas,as long as he can overcome the Athletic Club.For Thomas to deliver,the council will do anything,including letting him have the stadium.Guy is doing Thomas` dirty work as far as I can see,allegedley.
If the Malays come in,it could scupper their plans to an extent

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:47 pm

I think Sam Hammam would return and burn the F***king stadium down before it's handed to the eggers. :lol: