Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How Long Will Mackay Last?

You may select 1 option

View results

How Long Will Mackay Last?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:27 pm

How long do you think Mackay will last? I think he'll be gone by Dec....

Re: How Long Will Mackay Last?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:28 pm

the worst case is that we all want promotion and he understands this, new team new manager new prospects :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:28 pm

FFS hes only just been appointed!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:29 pm

straight away we got someone on the managers back just after he s signed to manage us ffs give the guy a brake,its been proven last year you dont need a big name to gain promotion

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:32 pm

I will give him 4 years to take us up.

1st year - sort out DJ's mess and bring in new players to gel and develop

2nd year - bring in some more top players to throw into the mix, try and break into the playoffs

3rd year - playoffs at minimum, if we don't go up, 1 more chance

4th year - promotion either automatically or via playoffs

fail = sacked.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:I will give him 4 years to take us up.

2nd year - bring in some more top players to throw into the mix, try and break into the playoffs

fail = sacked.

Your having a laugh right? We've waited long enough. 1 year max, promotion or the sack IMO. Especially if the Malaysians provide him with a decent transfer and wage budget.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:35 pm

HOW DOES f**k OFF WHAT A WANK THREAD SOUND!!! :evil: :evil:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:37 pm

WTF? 30 minutes after he was officially appointed

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:38 pm

someone delete this thread,

f*cking stupid topic, we aint even signed him yet and your gambling on how long hes going to stay in charge :cry:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Anarch0 wrote:
Your having a laugh right? We've waited long enough. 1 year max, promotion or the sack IMO. Especially if the Malaysians provide him with a decent transfer and wage budget.

Bloody hell, some of our fans are like Abramovich, want instant success.

He has to build a new squad, get them playing together, get the right tactics and so in place.

If you expect him to do all that in a year and get us promoted then you're over expectant.

If he does, ill be ecstatic, but Im not expecting him to do miracles.

Its the start of a new era. Dave Jones was given years and years.

We're ny on starting from scratch unless the Malaysians pump in loads of cash which'll be ridiculous.

Buy league one players, buy some young players and plan for the next couple of seasons.

The only reason people want to go up so much next season is because Swansea are there at the current time. I don't give two hoots about Swansea. I want the club to progress within its means, not end up going all out and ending up like Leeds. We have enough issues as it is with financial records and under the FA jurisdiction next season its likely we're going to be thoroughly investigated due to the media chatting rubbish around the time of the QPR trial.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Anarch0 wrote:

fail = sacked.

I think you need a serious wake-up call :o We have a squad with not a single player capable of scoring 10+ goals, and a non-existent midfield. This year it's time to re-build and if we get in/around the play-offs that would be a major achievement.

Man City have had more money than any club in the world for 3 seasons and only now are they looking like they can challenge next season.

I suggest you reign in your expectations otherwise you are going to be sorely disappointed :roll: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:46 pm

I honestly believe that if we appointed Hughton or Di Matteo and provided them with good funds, we will go up. They've done it before. Mackay on the other hand....remind me what he's achieved? Watford we're exactly that good last season either and did a Cardiff after getting into a good position.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Anarch0 wrote:I honestly believe that if we appointed Hughton or Di Matteo and provided them with good funds, we will go up. They've done it before. Mackay on the other hand....remind me what he's achieved? Watford we're exactly that good last season either and did a Cardiff after getting into a good position.

Sometimes you have to take a bit of a risk with a manager. He's young and with Watford he did very well with virtually no money for transfers or wages and continually losing his best players. Yes they fell away at the end of the season but we know as well as anyone that if your squad is weak you will suffer Feb-May in the Championship because there are so many games.

He knows coming to Cardiff will make or break his career. If he succeeds he may go on to bigger things, if he fails he may never get a job as big as this one. Therefore he won't lack hunger.

Hughton and DiMatteo got well established clubs up without having to make too many changes to an already strong squad.

MM may turn out to be a disaster but is a risk worth taking. Nobody rated Brenda Rogers (awful at Watford and Reading) when he signed for the Scum last season and he didn't do too badly :roll:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Anarch0 wrote:I honestly believe that if we appointed Hughton or Di Matteo and provided them with good funds, we will go up. They've done it before. Mackay on the other hand....remind me what he's achieved? Watford we're exactly that good last season either and did a Cardiff after getting into a good position.

what did hollaway at blackpool acheive or rodgers at swansea?????????????????exactly enough said :D

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:59 pm

caerblue wrote:

what did hollaway at blackpool acheive or rodgers at swansea?????????????????exactly enough said :D

Ummm, got them promoted? lol

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Anarch0 wrote:

fail = sacked.

Well I'm glad you're in the minority :twisted:
Someone needs to sort out the mess and build a squad for the future.
Give the guy a chance :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Jesus, get off the guys back he's not even been given a club tie yet

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Anarch0 wrote:
caerblue wrote:

Ummm, got them promoted? lol

im sure the penny will drop in a minute :D

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:25 pm

caerblue wrote:im sure the penny will drop in a minute :D

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:28 pm

He hasnt even had his press conference yet f**cking hell go away :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:31 pm

fail = sacked.

Spot on Bloobirds. If everyone looked at it this way then there would be less pressure on the club and perhaps we could 'Chill' a bit more down at the C.C.S. next season. EXPECTATION FOOCKS WITH THE MIND!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:38 pm

this is what im on about all the time it will not be long before the old "hes got no idea" or "tactics was wrong" threads going up within 3games on here which makes me :lol: @95% of people on this board

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:39 am

bluebird1977 wrote:this is what im on about all the time it will not be long before the old "hes got no idea" or "tactics was wrong" threads going up within 3games on here which makes me :lol: @95% of people on this board

So were not allowed to criticise him? I bet ur one of the DJ lovers of the forum....

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:59 am

Anarch0 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:this is what im on about all the time it will not be long before the old "hes got no idea" or "tactics was wrong" threads going up within 3games on here which makes me :lol: @95% of people on this board

So were not allowed to criticise him? I bet ur one of the DJ lovers of the forum....

Hughton and Di Matteo both achieved promotion with lots of money and
big name players. How can you be so confident they could have come
here and rebuilt a squad and done the same again??

Tell me whats behind your thinking? You obviously are SOOO clued
up about the game.

silly boy

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:00 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:HOW DOES f**k OFF WHAT A WANK THREAD SOUND!!! :evil: :evil:

hahaha, fair play BIG John, you sure "fire from the hip" :D :D :ayatollah: