Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Any one booking for Spain

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:32 am

So any idea when this will be confirmed as its getting closer to the date now?

Cheers :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:22 am

just found this, cant find any other details of other clubs playing us out there :(
i have checked sevilles friendlies and were not among them
The three teams are in friendly action in Spain this summer as part of their pre-season preparations.

Charlton Athletic vs Bristol City on Tuesday 12 July at Estadio Cuidad de Lepe (City of Lepe stadium), Camino del Cementerio, Huelva.

Charlton Athletic vs Cardiff City on Friday 15th July at La Cuidad Deportiva de Sevilla, the ground of Sevilla Atletico. The stadium is off the main A-376 that runs to Utrera, some 20-odd kilometres to the north just by Montequinto on the south-eastern outskirts of Seville.

Both matches kick off at 7.30pm local time and tickets are available from the stadiums at 6pm on the day of the matches, priced 10 Euros for adults, U16's free.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:50 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/FootballGib

hmmmm, wondering if Team Gibraltar is one of our friendlies too...tbc

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:55 pm

The GFA have announced two friendlies in July that will be sure to give Gibraltar a post-Island Games challenge, against Cardiff City, and then Rochdale.

The game against Rochdale will be played on the 10th July at the Victoria Stadium, with a 7:30 pm kick off

The game against Cardiff City will be played on the 12th July in Jerez (not sure what stadium just yet), also with a 7:30 pm kick off.

Regardless of the players both teams bring over, these matches should provide a great test for the national side after the Island Games which starts on Saturday 25th June.

Must be happening then :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:28 pm

just looked at flights £29.99 out and Eur17.99 back :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:13 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:just looked at flights £29.99 out and Eur17.99 back :ayatollah:

Where's that from? That's very cheap mate? :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:15 pm

I wish our club would confirm something, ive tweeted the two ccfc guys on twitter but had no reply.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I wish our club would confirm something, ive tweeted the two ccfc guys on twitter but had no reply.

mark hudson told me he was awaiting confirmation today.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:21 pm

fingers crossed we will hear something then I can book :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:fingers crossed we will hear something then I can book :ayatollah:

Great excuse to escape the country though isn't it :lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:30 pm

JUST BOOK IT WIL BE GREAT FUN REALLY CANT WAIT FOR IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:59 am

ADAM PRICE wrote:JUST BOOK IT WIL BE GREAT FUN REALLY CANT WAIT FOR IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

adam what time you all landing in east midlands on the saturday ?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:08 am

The Premier 1 wrote:
ADAM PRICE wrote:JUST BOOK IT WIL BE GREAT FUN REALLY CANT WAIT FOR IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

adam what time you all landing in east midlands on the saturday ?

13:45 Ryanair flightfrom Seville.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:33 am

you going then ian ??

:(

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:35 am

The Premier 1 wrote:you going then ian ??

:(

Ima goign till themonday mate i flyo out at 7.35 i think we have got a bus to the airport how you getting there ??

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:52 am

dont know if im going yet got plans to sort out

but would do tuesday to saturday, catch the gibralta game and the charlton one then :)

and have enough time to go to malaga to see my mate :)
or spend some time chilling in gibralta duty free like :)

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:57 am

ian, ryan air only fly monday-thursday and saturday out of E/M

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:30 pm

I've other game been confirmed yet?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:I'm already in algarve from the 6th July, I'm thinking of getting g a hire car to seville for the games.

Im in the Algarve from 9th to 16th too ....... doubt if the mrs will allow me a trip to Seville tho :lol:

Shall we go halfs on a family carrier. haha.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:20 am

I am hoping to plan for spain and this forum will help, it will be mt first tour and I really anxious to travel.I will make contact later.