Re: Hudson out for 10-12 weeks

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:43 pm

shame he was growing in confidence :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Gypes step up to the plate. This injury will prove to be a good thing for us

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:55 pm

chewbarker wrote:Gypes step up to the plate. This injury will prove to be a good thing for us

how will it prove to be a good thing? over the last few weeks i think hudson has been one of our stand out players

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:58 pm

gypes and hudson are 2 good players, nice to see gypes have a start though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Although he's played well over the last few games, I think that Hudson is still a carthorse and taking 5 months to find your feet is unacceptable. As such it'll give others with the hunger (i.e. those not guaranteed a starting place due to captaincy) a chance to perform.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:00 pm

You do remember it took Roger Johnson a good 6 months to settle in, right?

He's been a solid force recently, was pleased to see him score a few weeks back. Get a few more in off set pieces and he'll be great.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:01 pm

chewbarker wrote:Although he's played well over the last few games, I think that Hudson is still a carthorse and taking 5 months to find your feet is unacceptable. As such it'll give others with the hunger (i.e. those not guaranteed a starting place due to captaincy) a chance to perform.

thats what i wanted to say, but could not be arsed typing it :lol:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Alex wrote:You do remember it took Roger Johnson a good 6 months to settle in, right?

He's been a solid force recently, was pleased to see him score a few weeks back. Get a few more in off set pieces and he'll be great.

Yeah fair point Alex, but I still think Dave Jones could run faster than Hudson. I think he's a good squad player but compared to what we've been used to over recent seasons, he's not close.