Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

olofinjana

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:34 am

Would you like him back at cardiff?i'd love him back with us!
I aint heard this from anyone,just that i'd like him back

Re: olofinjana

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:37 am

i would be interested. depends on how much we can get him for

when he was good he was a match winner !!

when he was bad he needed to be rested ...ofcourse we couldnt due to squad size

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:37 am

I wouldn't want him back....he went missing towards the end of the season :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 am

A different manager could get different things out of him, clearly he was best in a defensive midfield role as going forward he offers very little ... When he's playing well though he's brilliant like against the jacks at the liberty

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 am

Deano1 wrote:I wouldn't want him back....he went missing towards the end of the season :ayatollah:

He wasnt the only 1 :D

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:25 am

If the new manager can get his best performances out of him all season round, then I say definitely! Like people have said before me, when he played well, he was vitally important!!

:ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:25 am

I would Buy him back, he was class when he played well and control the midfield.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:31 am

missing in action far too much

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:37 am

Inconsistency cost us dear last season. No way I'd bring him back.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:52 am

i'd like him back, played well for first half of the season but went a bit off form, so did a lot of players. hopefully get him back on a good deal :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:48 pm

all depends on the playing budget but i believe he is on 27,000 a week with hull and last season we contributed 12,000 towards it so if we aint prepared to pay bothroyd 14,000 i cant see us resigning oli,unless of course we sort out another loan agreement but i cant see it,new manager new ideas,well hopefully :D

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:32 pm

boxerbob wrote:Would you like him back at cardiff?i'd love him back with us!

definitely, i cant see how anyone who understands football wouldnt want him back!!!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:35 pm

very good player and poor player all in 1 breath I DONT NO TO BE HONEST

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:39 pm

I'd love him back, but i could see hull wanting gerrard as part of the deal :| :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:52 pm

No thanks !

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:53 pm

boxerbob wrote:
Deano1 wrote:I wouldn't want him back....he went missing towards the end of the season :ayatollah:

true there was another 10 with him including our EX manager :D

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:56 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

true there was another 10 with him including our EX manager :D

:D :D

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:01 pm

I dont feel he would be MM type for some reason. If used correctly he would be an asset but im thinking no

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:04 pm

When Ollie played well generally went on to win games, as said previously he was either very good or very poor, he had no real competition for his place , I thought he was complacent at times, and the loan player mentality might have kicked in, did he move to THIS PART OF THE WORLD or was he back and for to Hull, would could have contributed to his on/off performances having said that I would have him back if we could afford him!!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Nowhere near good enough, ok if we want to be bottom half of table

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Nakedbussurfer wrote:Nowhere near good enough, ok if we want to be bottom half of table

:shock: we was in 4th

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:37 pm

No, he wasn't the same player towards the end of the season.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Please no.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Yeah I believe he would be an asset to us this coming season if he was "our" player not loaned.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 pm

No, for various reasons. The main one being, HE DISAPPEARS!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:49 pm

boxerbob wrote:
Nakedbussurfer wrote:Nowhere near good enough, ok if we want to be bottom half of table

:shock: we was in 4th

I said if we want to be bottom half of table, meaning this season!!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:06 pm

no thanks way too inconsistent and for a bloke of his size was out musscled to often for me

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:06 pm

boxerbob wrote:Would you like him back at cardiff?i'd love him back with us!

When we needed him he went missing, nope I don't want to see him ever again

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Bloobird84 wrote:no thanks way too inconsistent and for a bloke of his size was out musscled to often for me

agree with above...

drifted in an out of the game to often...

silly wages,

think there is better out there...

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:32 pm

I got to know Seyi pretty well during his time with us. I helped him out on a couple of his MSc assignments that he was working on towards his degree and he also came along to a training session with my lad's u11 football team. He was a great guy and a true gent who really warmed to Cardiff and was very keen to stay. He moved to Cardiff (I don't think he went back to Hull at all during the season) and lived in a flat down the bay, although he has bought a family home in the Midlands. A number of you have said on here that his performances dropped off at the end of the season - Seyi would agree with that - you may remember that he got a knee injury during a home match and then missed some games in early March. He actually never recovered from this injury but had to keep playing - as soon as the final game of the season was over he had his knee operated on and when I said farewell to him a couple of Sunday's ago he was on crutches and unable to put any weight on it.

I would love to see him back with us but I guess with DJ moving on that will be unlikely.