Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Personal feelings

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:40 am

Is mm the kind of manager to let them get in the way of who he picks in the teamlike dj was. I think one of djs worst decisions was dropping matthews because of that own goal and then bringing him on in one of the most important games even though he hadnt played for most of the season. Dropping someone that young because of a own goal must of done some damage to him.

Re: Personal feelings

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:46 am

Im looking forward to seeing Mathews play for Celtic and Wales this season altho he really does need to improve on his defending if he wants to be a full back , maybe be better in midfield ?? But back to Malk and yes I think he will always give the younger players a chance tbh .... interesting to see who he appoints as captain nxt season :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:37 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Im looking forward to seeing Mathews play for Celtic and Wales this season altho he really does need to improve on his defending if he wants to be a full back , maybe be better in midfield ?? But back to Malk and yes I think he will always give the younger players a chance tbh .... interesting to see who he appoints as captain nxt season :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Matthews will do well to get a 1st team place. Izzaguire & Wilson played really well last season. One thing for sure though is that Matthews wont be treated as bad as he was by DJ. They will look after him at Celtic. He should never had joined them though. Hopefully the younger players still at city will get a chance and be galvanised now Mackay is coming.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 am

Matthews is not as good as everyone thinks....if he was Man Utd would of signed him, many of the top clubs would of signed him. Especially know he was going out on a free....

Truth is they all had a look and nobody was really that interested. i dont like how he was alienated by jones admittedly but matthews was just a 15 minute media hyp