Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What Does Malkay Have To Offer?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:01 pm

To be honest, I wanted Di Matteo but, thinking back to what hes done at Watford, I'm more than happy that he MIGHT be our next manager.

Malkay Mackay did considerably well with Watford with the little budget he had. If hes our new manager, I think he will put DJ's policy to bed by using our young guns. At Watford he gambled by throwing in some youngsters into the first team and actually pulled it off. He managed to get them to play as a team which normally, youngsters who just start a first team game start off a bit nervous.

IF he gets a decent budget, £20million is being rumoured on this MB, then I think he will buy a some quality players AND mix them with our young talent. Which is what Wales should be or are trying to do. The youngsters will gain experience and confidence from playing with the older players, which is where I think Bellamy and McPhail will come into it, and they will shine. For me, this is Farahs' chance to show us all what hes all about. Malkay will get the youngsters to gel perfectly into the team and settle in.

He seems to be a much more passionate manager than DJ, which can only be good for the club. Will his passion rub off onto the fans? Will it generate more atmosphere? I think YES. But thats just my OPINION.

IF announced, IF, he has my full backing and support and I wish him the best of luck. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: What Does Malkay Have To Offer?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Good post young Bridgend :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 pm

thank you very much kind sir! im nowgoing to call it a night. As I got college...sigh...tomorrow!! speak to you all tomorrow!! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:To be honest, I wanted Di Matteo but, thinking back to what hes done at Watford, I'm more than happy that he MIGHT be our next manager.

Malkay Mackay did considerably well with Watford with the little budget he had. If hes our new manager, I think he will put DJ's policy to bed by using our young guns. At Watford he gambled by throwing in some youngsters into the first team and actually pulled it off. He managed to get them to play as a team which normally, youngsters who just start a first team game start off a bit nervous.

IF he gets a decent budget, £20million is being rumoured on this MB, then I think he will buy a some quality players AND mix them with our young talent. Which is what Wales should be or are trying to do. The youngsters will gain experience and confidence from playing with the older players, which is where I think Bellamy and McPhail will come into it, and they will shine. For me, this is Farahs' chance to show us all what hes all about. Malkay will get the youngsters to gel perfectly into the team and settle in.

He seems to be a much more passionate manager than DJ, which can only be good for the club. Will his passion rub off onto the fans? Will it generate more atmosphere? I think YES. But thats just my OPINION.

IF announced, IF, he has my full backing and support and I wish him the best of luck. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What Malky also did well was bring in experienced old heads (Eustace and Taylor) and get them
motivated enough to play out of their skins and in turn, motivate the kids. Jones just brought
older players in so they could put their feet up. This place was turning into a retirement home