Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OWLS AMERICAN INVESTORS!!!!!

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Published Date: 29 January 2010

CHICAGO-based investment company Club 9 Sports this afternoon confirmed that they are in talks with the Owls about "becoming part of the Wednesday family".
The firm's managing partner John Prutch said: "I can confirm that Club 9 Sports has been in ongoing discussions with the club and its advisers Inner Circle Sports since late November.

"These discussions have been with a view to finding an appropriate structure that will allow us to become part of the Wednesday family.

"At no stage have we discussed the possibilty of buying shares in Sheffield Wednesday plc.

"We are pursuing a deal by which our capital and skills can be utilised to assist the current management team, led by chairman Lee Strafford and chief executive Nick Parker, to fully implement their business plan for the club.

"We have been impressed, not just by the rich history of Sheffield Wednesday, but with the opportunity that exists to work with the current management and once again make the club a major force within English football.

"That said, there is no guarantee that any deal wiill be completed. The leaking of our name, we feel, has been done to destabilise the process, and we suspect was done by people with their own agendas.

"I ask everybody who wants Sheffield Wednesday to be again successful for their patience at this time.

"Negotiations will continue with all the various parties in the coming weeks and we hope that a successful conclusion can be reached in due course.

"We will nor be making any further public comment on these negotiations.

"Finally, may I wish Alan Irvine and his team the best of luck for the match against Plymouth Argyle at Hillsborough this weekend."
Prutch's reference to not buying shares is believed to be a reference to the existing shares.

"It has long been understood that an investment deal would be likely to include new owners taking up an issue of new shares."

LETS HOPE IT COMES OFF!!!!! :D BUT WE ALL GET LEAD DOWN THE GARDEN PATH!!!! :roll:

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW AT THE DONNY GAME!!!! ;)

Re: OWLS AMERICAN INVESTORS!!!!!

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:35 pm

See you Tomorrow Sam, Do you believe there Genuine ?

Re: OWLS AMERICAN INVESTORS!!!!!

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:See you Tomorrow Sam, Do you believe there Genuine ?

CAN PIGS FLY?????? :o

I DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING TILL ITS SIGNED AND SEALED!!!!!! ;)