Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is TG still overseeing the appointment

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:06 pm

of our new manager? or has he already gone back?

I would think if TG was sitting in on these interviews or talks, then he would be able to offer the new man a good package and have a good level of persuasion for him to join going in this (apparent) £20m budget. However, If he is not overseeing this appointment I think there is a chance that Jenkins & Whitely could f**k it all up. :roll:

Re: Is TG still overseeing the appointment

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Given it was the Malaysians who wanted Shearer, them making the first move, I'd suggest there's far more chance they'd f**k it up, tbh.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:09 pm

nerd wrote:Given it was the Malaysians who wanted Shearer, them making the first move, I'd suggest there's far more chance they'd f**k it up, tbh.

But they tried their method, unsuccesfully! so you'd think they'd make a proper effort then to just do it the football way? (but is leaving Eggers to do a football job a wise idea?)

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Their way was unsuccessful due to Shearer backing out at the last minute.

Who is to say Whitley/Jenkins are doing a bad job? The Malaysians are the ones sanctioning any appointment.

And so far the Malaysians actions have seen one strong candidate, Mackay, undermined in favour of a fantasy of Shearer.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:19 pm

nerd wrote:Their way was unsuccessful due to Shearer backing out at the last minute.

Who is to say Whitley/Jenkins are doing a bad job? The Malaysians are the ones sanctioning any appointment.

And so far the Malaysians actions have seen one strong candidate, Mackay, undermined in favour of a fantasy of Shearer.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I want to see Mackay appointed ASAP! Lets hope that the Malaysians sanction the correct one....