Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE "

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:40 pm

Stop getting carried away! He's not manager yet and the other candidates are still in with a chance!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:40 pm

I am happy with Malky Mackay. My first Choice was Hughton but Mackay was my second. Definatley better than Shearer.

I think we'll finish 4th.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:48 pm

We need to get some players, and build a team before we start predicting where we're going to finish in the League :roll:

By the time a new manager is confirmed, we'd have missed out on loads of targets..

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:55 pm

My first choice wouldve been Chris Hughton but am really happy if it does indeed turn out to be Mackay for the same reasons as posted beore me, young, hungry, nice style of football etc. Would not have been happy with Shearer!
After Hughton or Mackay i would choose Mcinnes as i think he has potential just like Mackay. Not sure where we'll finish need to see who gets brought in first, all in all thought exiting times ahead i think! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Was Mackay your first choice ? No mine was Chris Hughton.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Yes :ayatollah:

Why ? I feel Mackay is Ambitious, Young/Energetic, Enthusiastic, Attack minded with his team, has passion for the game :ayatollah:

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? 6th :ayatollah:

" COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis Whoever it was be, it Houghton or MacKay, there is no guarantee of sucess, but I agree with you that MacKay seems to have a Positive side to him and just so long as he shows more spirit than Dave Jones ( :lol: ) then i for one will be delighted.
He will soon learn how PASSIONATE we are and if he brings players in who want to die for the cause then i can't wait.
As far as where we will finish i will accept what we end up with just so long as it is a step in the right direction.
I had lost my enthusiasm at the end of last season but CAN'T WAIT for what lies ahead. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:01 pm

DOES ANYONE NO WERE CARLS GONE

he seemed a bit down the other night hope you are ok carl.

All thats missing is a post from Carl.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:02 pm

by Forever Blue ยป Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Was Mackay your first choice ?

I think i would have preferred hughton to be honest but none of the candidates heavily linked with the post give me great confidence and if i'm totally honest i'd probably rather kept mr grumpy! as i see neither candidate as a better manager, mackay 4 wins in 21 sums that up perfectyl for me whether he is more enthusiastic oir not this proves enthusiasm alone cannot get results in this league

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ?

no

Why ?

while mackay maybe young and ambitious as above i feel its a step backwards for the club, a YES man for the board, and somebody with no proven record at this level, this is a fact 4 wins in 21 again highlights this and if we are to have half a season like that then we go from possible play off team to relegation team, at least with grumpy scouser who has proven he can assemble teams year on year( last year poor loanees) ie freebies small transfer fees i fell we'd challenge again even in this tougher league this season

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ?

mid table at best, as i don't feel mackay has proven himself at this level, hasn't proven he has the abiltiy to re-assemble a squad which is in tatters like ours and i honstly see a long hard season for us, i hope i am prved wrong but i just feel this manager would not show the boards ambitions would it, a team after promotion again would not go for an unproven manager, albeit he is ambitious but i'd rather have someone proven at this level
AS much as Dave Jones was wrong for this club he did his job whilst here which was to keep this club at this level and challenge for honours which we did year on year, i don't feel we will have this with mackay, i feel he'd need to go backwards to go forwards and as our fanbas is the most impatient i have ever witnessed in my 15 years as a city fan he won't get that time, he will be expected to pick out half a new team as DJ did every year and challenge, it will not happen

this is just my honest opinion and hope malky proves me wrong i really do but somehow i doubt he will

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:03 pm

MY honest answer is how on gods earth can you predict how Cardiff will do if we don't even have a first team yet!! :lol:
madness......

However, Mackay or Hughton was my first choice even though I didn't think Chris Hughton would get us up. I would have been happy though with Hughton, Di MAtteo, Mackay or Zola, so all is good.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:08 pm

MON was my 1st choice but unrealisitic to be honest, I'm delighted Shearer didn't happen so I am content with MM at least we may see passion from our manager for the 1st time in 6 years.

I'd be happy to make the play offs.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Merlin wrote:MY honest answer is how on gods earth can you predict how Cardiff will do if we don't even have a first team yet!! :lol:
madness......

However, Mackay or Hughton was my first choice even though I didn't think Chris Hughton would get us up. I would have been happy though with Hughton, Di MAtteo, Mackay or Zola, so all is good.

Exactly mate, we need f*cking players, and quick..

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Exactly the same answers as Annis for me.

Originally favoured Chris Hughton - mainly for his style and coaching ability (some doubts about his lack of managerial experience).

Happy with Mackay - if it happens!

I think we should be able to scrape into the play-offs again next year.

And excited about the City again - after the flat and depressed year just gone when I hardly enjoyed any of it!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Ian Holloway as always been and alsways will be my dream manager, but once I knew there was no chance with olly, I fancied Chris Hughton, as soon as Mackay came on the scene I was quietly hoping he would get it. I am convinced this man can take us further than Jones (who I was'nt a fan of!) and can take us all the way to the promised land. :ayatollah:
Cant wait for the first friendly lat alone the start of the championship.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:32 pm

My first choice was Hughton along with most other Cardiff fans, but I will be very pleased once/if Mackay gets the job. I think he'll bring something to the club that was missing last season..

:ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:33 pm

only 1 answer YES

wanted him since his name came into the pot voted for him twice in the polls :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:39 pm

Sean O'Driscoll was my first choice but he got nowhere near the radar. After him I was not really bothered who it would be beyond reason. See the way I look at it is a few steps. One step is to get the manager, next step is to get the players and the final step will be the first 10 games. After the final step I will tell you if I am confident or not. At the moment, no problems.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:40 pm

M O'Neil was my hope. But I will be more than happy if Malky gets the role. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Was Mackay your first choice ? No mine was Chris Hughton, when he was out of the equation I wanted Derek McInnes.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Still undecided.

Why ? I think overall he did well with Watford last season with the second lowest budget in the Championship. But conceding 71 goals in a season is unacceptable, I would have rathered a manager who could tighten us up defensively and make us solid and hard to beat (that's why I wanted Hughton). However, Mackay has been promoted 3 times with 3 different clubs at this level as a player, so he knows what it takes to get out of this division. I'll put Watford's bad run at the end of last season down to the fact he had a small squad with injuries, and hope with backing, he will be able to assemble a good team at this level.

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? I will say 12th as I am undecided. Mid table will do me next season, as long as we can then build on consolidating with a new team and progress.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:06 pm

mine was di matteo

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:13 pm

O'Neil was my first choice
Will be deleighted if we get Malkie. Seems a passionate man and will certainly sort dressing room out if any problems
Top 6 finish

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:23 pm

I wanted Di Matteo or Sean O'Driscoll.
Didn't fancy O'Neil - not sure why, just feel he's a bit of a moody tw*t.
Billy Davies is apparantly a funny fook too, does a 4 day week at forest and stays in scotland the rest with his missus. all the forest fans now him as part-timer and reckon he would be fab if he did a full shift.
Hughton would be fine but can he get in lower league starlets for our club with no cash??

Do'nt mind Mark Robins or Ardley - expect that would have been too much for our new fans who think we are better than we are.
Shearer would have got messy me thinks.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:28 pm

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Yes :ayatollah:

Why ? I feel Mackay is Ambitious, Young/Energetic, Enthusiastic, Attack minded with his team, has passion for the game :ayatollah:

" COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

got to be honest annis...i didnt want him ,but i give him some respect now as fair play to him hes had 3 interviews /meetings nearly got shit on by shearer,his club said he couldnt go under contract etc he could easily have stayed but he obviously wants this job as none of this has affected him and hes made his mind up so WELL DONE MALKY.....now go get us some players please and quick !!!!!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:30 pm

The rumblings coming from Newcastle was that Hughton wasn't hard enough in the dressing room and tho most of our trouble makers have gone I still think it is needed. Hughton seems more of an arm around the shoulder guy. MM seems to have a bit more b*stard about him.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:36 pm

Don't really know who would have been my first choice, but happy enough if it's Mackay. Glad it's not Hughes, don't like his attitude, or style of play. We need to settle down now, and all pull together. Next season? Mid table would be fine. Take it from there :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:39 pm

i wanted houghton but happy with mackay and 6th will be brilliant but more importantly if we fail we have our own squad to build on for the season after and not a load of loan players :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Didn't really have a first choice; I just wanted the club to go through a professional process. I think MM will be a positive choice if he decides to come here. He gets two years (nearly all clubs are promoted from the Championship with managers who have been in post two years or less).
If he decides not to come here we might be looking at "Corporal Jones Time!" :lol: :o

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:50 pm

eddiep wrote:I wanted Di Matteo or Sean O'Driscoll.
Didn't fancy O'Neil - not sure why, just feel he's a bit of a moody tw*t.
Billy Davies is apparantly a funny fook too, does a 4 day week at forest and stays in scotland the rest with his missus. all the forest fans now him as part-timer and reckon he would be fab if he did a full shift.
Hughton would be fine but can he get in lower league starlets for our club with no cash??

Do'nt mind Mark Robins or Ardley - expect that would have been too much for our new fans who think we are better than we are.
Shearer would have got messy me thinks.

I thought it was three days in Nottingham and four days back in Scotland? Either way, nice work if you can get it! :)

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:54 pm

Merlin wrote:MY honest answer is how on gods earth can you predict how Cardiff will do if we don't even have a first team yet!! :lol:
madness......

Merlin, But We've Finally got a Reserve team that I have been asking for, for the last 6 yrs, Now we will get a First team :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 pm

doesnt mater who is appointed manager I wish certain individuals had stopped interfering.
I wish the new guy all the best :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:41 pm

Was Mackay your first choice? No, I wanted Martin O'neil, Chris Hughton was my 2nd choice.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation? Definately

Why? I think Mackay is Ambitious, he is Young, Enthusiastic, he likes Attacking football, he will use our youth players to his advantage and give them a chance and he has great passion for the game.

How do you expect us to do in his first Season? Depends what players he brings in but I will hazard a guess at 5th

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Malky Mackay's Barmy Army :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 am

Was mine to be honest, Watford impressed me home & away last season. I thought they were the best team we played, most teams at 3-0 down after 30 minutes would have crumbled or shut up shop. Watford had a real go. His team played at a high tempo, passion, commitment at one point during the second half they looked like the home team at CCCS.

Hughton & Di Matteo only had one season in the championship and both sides kept the bulk of the squads that had been relegated the season before. Mackay has been promoted 3 times as a player & knows this division. He will be a very good appointment in the long run, He has a good relationship with Ferguson, Redknapp & Wenger and hopefully he can call on them for loan players but look at the free transfer/bosmans- There are a lot of good players that have been released in my opinion and hopefully we would be an attractive proposition to them. You don't have to spend millions to get out of this division you just need the the right mix and Mackay knows this.

I am hoping for a top 6 place!!!