Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE "

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Was Mackay your first choice ? No mine was Chris Hughton.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Yes :ayatollah:

Why ? I feel Mackay is Ambitious, Young/Energetic, Enthusiastic, Attack minded with his team, has passion for the game :ayatollah:

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? 6th :ayatollah:

" COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE "

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:04 pm

so has mackay been confirmed as manager annis as a few new topics have popped up saying he has declined the offer ??????????????????????
Last edited by brewer918 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

win the league by 15 points :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

haha just teasing i go with about 6th but that depends on what players he brings in .................

No not at first but He has grown on me. He likes to play the passing game and will be a breath of fresh air.

Mackay was my first, realistic choice.

I wanted O'Neill or Hughes but they would never come down the City.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:05 pm

Was Mackay your first choice ? I wanted him in January when we were calling for DJ's head, but it as Hughton for me this time.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Definitely.

Why ? He seems hungry, ambitious, passionate and likes to play good football.

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? 5-10th

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:05 pm

Was Mackay your first choice ? No mine was Roberto Di Matteo.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Yes after what he has done at Watford

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? 10th

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:07 pm

He wasnt my first choice..............

MON was when i heard he was possibly gonna get it but then i woke up and warmed to CH.

But MM is a good manager, breathes life into youngsters and has done for a while so I`m told.
He is very passionate, non stop on the touchline during games barking out orders and being a vocal manager.

Happy weve gone for him, yes deffo.

Think we`ll be top 6 again but hope to finish 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Was Mackay your first choice ? No mine was Chris Hughton.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Yes :ayatollah:

Why ? I feel Mackay is Ambitious, Young/Energetic, Enthusiastic, Attack minded with his team, has passion for the game :ayatollah:

" COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He was my choice from the start. Something about him that makes me think he's potentially an excellent manager in the mould of other good Scottish managers :ayatollah:

Well he was my first choice so I am happy he's been chosen yes :lol:

I'm happy about it for the same reasons as yourself, i.e. he's young, passionate, and certainly more animated than DJ. I'm not saying ranting and raving on the touchline is the key to success but at least it's a change from our previous manager. A nice change too :ayatollah:

I'd settle for the play-off final right now as long as we see a strong side who work hard and give "100%". Also a different system would be nice, instead of the old rigid 4-4-2 which has gone so stale !

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Mackay was my first choice

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48394&start=30

Named him on 7th June at 0906 hours.

Anyone beat that!!!!

Under the radar at that time and I believe, not mentioned by anyone else.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:10 pm

I thought Hughton would be the feller.

But the more i think about mackay, the better i feel. He was always right up there
for me since they caned us up at their place and thrashed QPR. im well happy.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:10 pm

brewer918 wrote:so has mackay been confirmed as manager annis as a few new topics have popped up saying he has declined the offer ??????????????????????

Mackay did feel let down by how it was handled after he had agreed with Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitley that he had the Job and then Cardiff City Asked Shearer but since then Gethin Jenkins has apologised to him and it ALL SEEMS TO BE GOING VERY WELL

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:11 pm

My first choice was Hughton, but as soon as he was out of the race I was a fan of McInnes and Clark, but was more drawn to Mackay as he has Championship experience to add to his positive footballing approach, enthusiasm and apparent passion for management.

Definitely happy with the appointment if it goes through, as I do think he's done well with a small budget with Watford, while Hughton basically inherited a team capable of walking the league.

Oneil was my choice but unrealistic.

My realistic number one target was McKay and I'm delighted.

I expect at least 4th if he is given funds.

Sorry, may make playoffs. 4th-8th. I'd take 6th now. Strong league this season.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:
brewer918 wrote:so has mackay been confirmed as manager annis as a few new topics have popped up saying he has declined the offer ??????????????????????

Mackay did feel let down by how it was handled after he had agreed with Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitley that he had the Job and then Cardiff City Asked Shearer but since then Gethin Jenkins has apologised to him and it ALL SEEMS TO BE GOING VERY WELL

i hope so cant cope with all this waiting!! need to start building the team starting with earnshaw & bellamy!!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Honest answer is:

No - Hughton :(

Yes Happy as he was always in my top 3 along with Di Matteo :)

Because his Watford side played well above themselves MOST of last season and we're fantastic going forward 8-)

Expect us to finish in the play offs again! :|

Now lets see who he can bring in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Was Mackay your first choice ? No it was Hughton
Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Yes I believe I am and I also feel more positive about him as each day passes.
Why ? Young, Fresh, passionate and seems to like to play good football!
How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? Play-offs

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Mine was Chris Hughton, It seem that CCFC can't organise a piss up in brewery!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:16 pm

Wanted Curbishley

Mackay okay but flopped second half of season

Top half finish

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:18 pm

No my first choice was De Matteo.

Yes because of the reasons you have mentioned plus he would rip a new backside into any player who went on the lash.

Not really sure about where we will finish mainly because there are so many players that need to be signed. I would rather wait to see who he manages to get in.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:23 pm

my first choice was chris houghton but iwont mind if mackay gets the job

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:27 pm

my 1st choice was hughton but im deffo happy with mackay to be honest hughton and di matteo already had a good team anyone could have taken them up even dave jones or is that goin to far :lol: anyways newcastle or west brom aint got any worse when they left and if they were that good then why are they free agents im not gonna say where i expect us to finish depends what players we bring in etc mackay is a young manager with bags of passion and he has a good moan with referees so we should all get on well :ayatollah: roll on next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He was my first common sense choice.

Shearer, MON and maybe Jose......:)

Much better choice than Hughton and RDM.

Lee Clarke was my 2nd common sense choice.

no matteo was my choice but am happy tha he is or maybe become our manager and im really happy shearer aint the manager i dont think he got any experience to manage in championship and all the things u say bout mackay are my thoughts too!!! and where we are going to finish is anyones guess i will wait and see who we sign first!!!!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Was Mackay your first choice? No mine was Roberto Di Matteo, but MM was a very, very close second

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation? Yes :ayatollah:

Why? I feel he has clear ambition, feels we have more to offer than Watford, plays good football, BELLAMY rates him, Watford impressed me this season when he came to the CCS.

How do you expect us to do in his first Season? Top 8 :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Very Happy as he ticks all the boxes for me and wages are much more in lined with a championship club with a fair and well deserved promotion bonus I am sure he has too! I would personally say he should get 1million bonus for promotion! Only over manager that was rumoured was O'neil but that was never going to happen!

Expectations have to be dropped as he has so much work to do and whatever players come in will need time to gel. August I will be able to more predict our season finish as we will know the players that have come in but right now I would be happy with 10th! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Was Mackay your first choice ? Yes and no. Before Mackay was mentioned I was in the O'Neill camp but as soon as he was, he was my favourite.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? N/A

Why ? Young, enthusiastic manager who will show a bit of passion on the touchline. The passion on the touchline bit doesn't bother me but I know lots of our fans biggest complaint about DJ was a lack of it. A manager showing that passion will feed the crowd! Attractive attacking football too!

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? Top 2. If we go backwards this season then it proves the decision to get rid of DJ backfired.

UP THE CITY!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:38 pm

not impressed with his last part of season at watford,but prepared to give him chance but dont see us getting anywhere near promotion this year hope im wrong time will tell :wav: :wav:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:39 pm

1, no not really
2,Hasn't managed at a top club with high expectations ,flopped at the business end of the season
3,finish 2nd that's my expectations which have been laid down by CCFC

The club said we would appoint a new manager that is better than Jones what I mean is it was said we cant go backwards in appointing a new manager so anything 3 rd or below is backwards.I am ok with Malky but he has to hit the ground running and I will support him 100 % :ayatollah: :ayatollah: