Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Taylor says Cardiff Must Wait "

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Malky Mackay

CARDIFF CITY have been told they will have to wait to get their man after Watford refused to be rushed into making a decision on whether to allow Malky Mackay to hold talks with the Bluebirds

Watford owner Laurence Bassini is now in discussions with the club's board of directors over the bid, but the Hornets have warned it could be days before the situation is resolved.

The Hornets initially rebuffed the Bluebirds' approach but the club now appear to have softened their stance.

Bassini this afternoon said: "I rejected the approach - and hope our fans understand that I now need to consult with Graham Taylor and the board of directors."

And chairman Taylor told WalesOnline: "I support the statement made by the club's new owner. He now wishes to speak to all members of the Watford board over this matter and that will happen over the next few days, whether that is via a board meeting or done on an individual basis.

"The truth of the matter is that we are essentially telling Cardiff to hold fire for the moment. I do believe this is the right way to go about things."

The club earlier insisted they would "do everything in possible" to keep hold of Mackay after Cardiff focussed their attentions on the 39-year-old Scot following a failed bid for Alan Shearer.

Mackay is thought to be keen on the Cardiff role but the Bluebirds would have to agree compensation with Watford for his services if they want to hand him the hot-seat at Cardiff City Stadium.

He signed a new three year deal at Vicarage Road as recently as March.

Re: taylor says cardiff must wait

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:35 pm

cheers griff
lets hope it doesnt take too long :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Friday the earliest by the looks,your would think they would call an emergency board meeting and get it sorted.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:44 pm

The plot thickens then we might no by 2012 why is it only now they have asked to speak to him .It could be someone else yet why pay compo when you still have hughton and Roberto de still out there.

Very frustrating all this. :?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:46 pm

brickyblue wrote:The plot thickens then we might no by 2012 why is it only now they have asked to speak to him .It could be someone else yet why pay compo when you still have hughton and Roberto de still out there.

Very frustrating all this. :?

bellers fave is MM, the boards fave is MM. Seems as if they will hold out for their man

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:49 pm

ngriffiths wrote:Friday the earliest by the looks,your would think they would call an emergency board meeting and get it sorted.

why would they rush for us??

if i were them i would make us wait even longer !! hope we go for other targets

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:05 pm

dont wait any longer get houghton in now, he is avaiable now. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Because watford need to start signing players aswell,they can't till it's all sorted.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Watford want us to wait. That's fair enough but in reality if we really want Mackay then Cardiff or Mackay's representatives need to force the issue. Cardiff must know how much compensation they are willing to pay so I would expect them to be in talks with Watford right now to get this quickly resolved one way or another.

If we seriously want Mackay I cant see the negotiations taking 2 or 3 days. My guess is something will happen like Mackay will resign or Watford and Cardiff will come to an agreement. It seems obvious to me that Mackay wants to come here because otherwise Watford would have dismissed our approach completely and Mackay would have made a statement. With that in mind Mackay's position could now become unteniable and Watford will be under a lot of pressure to rectify the situation. You would think that Watford will also want this all sorted out quickly because if Mackay should he leave they will need to replace him.

Re: " Taylor says Cardiff Must Wait "

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Wait while they consider how best to sue us :roll: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:50 pm

THE DON wrote:Watford want us to wait. That's fair enough but in reality if we really want Mackay then Cardiff or Mackay's representatives need to force the issue. Cardiff must know how much compensation they are willing to pay so I would expect them to be in talks with Watford right now to get this quickly resolved one way or another.

If we seriously want Mackay I cant see the negotiations taking 2 or 3 days. My guess is something will happen like Mackay will resign or Watford and Cardiff will come to an agreement. It seems obvious to me that Mackay wants to come here because otherwise Watford would have dismissed our approach completely and Mackay would have made a statement. With that in mind Mackay's position could now become unteniable and Watford will be under a lot of pressure to rectify the situation. You would think that Watford will also want this all sorted out quickly because if Mackay should he leave they will need to replace him.

spot on there don

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:51 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:Wait while they consider how best to sue us :roll: :lol: :ayatollah:

now now steady on is it :oops: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:52 pm

If Mackay says to Watford "I want to talk to Cardiff" then there is little point in prolonging it, I would have thought. If he then says "I would prefer to go to Cardiff than stay at Watford" then they might as well let him go and sign Hughton for themselves.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:57 pm

If Watford suddenly find him a few more mil for players tho???

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:09 pm

must wait until next tuesday according to wales online!!! its going to be a long old week. :|