Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Definition of an Approach

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Ive read a few views about "illegal approaches" on here and are wondering what we have done wrong, if anything.

CCFC have simply advertised for a new manager and, in response to that advert, Malcky Mackay has responded requesting an interview.

The situation should be no different to those up and down the country each day.

If CCFC had initiated the approach to MM then yes I think they could be in trouble. However, I do not believe that to be the case. If any breach has happened it maybe that MM has spoken to us without the permission of his employers - in which case surely we are in the clear.

Re: Definition of an Approach

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Ive read a few views about "illegal approaches" on here and are wondering what we have done wrong, if anything.

CCFC have simply advertised for a new manager and, in response to that advert, Malcky Mackay has responded requesting an interview.

If CCFC had initiated the approach to MM then yes I think they could be in trouble. However, I do not believe that to be the case. If any breach has happened it maybe that MM has spoken to us without the permission of his employers - in which case surely we are in the clear.

Very good point, one i pointed on on ccfc facebook group recently. If Malky APPROACHED cardiff, then it would be him that is in breach of his own contract? Would CCFC stll be allowed to continue discussions with him on this basis?

Re: Definition of an Approach

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Ive read a few views about "illegal approaches" on here and are wondering what we have done wrong, if anything.

Don't forget the meetings ! Sorry paul your way off mate. City Directors not too pleased either.