Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ONE MILLION POUND"

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Yesterday We All thought that Ridsdale had resigned/gone, well I believe that when SB and PG went steaming down there they really believed it them selves,but apparently once again he didnt fully offer his resignation and they talked for 2 hours. I am led to believe it would cost Our Club up up to One Million Pound to remove him and as you know we havent got a pot to piss in it.

I am not on here to try and make you all lay off Steve Borley, but I am trying to explain that its not easy for him and I still have some believe in him. Its up to your selves what you feel.

Re: " ONE MILLION POUND"

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:46 pm

I fully agree. I trust Steve and feel he's on our side. Anyone who is slating him should stop because I have total faith that he is doing his utmost to help the club.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:48 pm

I can well believe this is the case.

PR has deceived the fans and although he has aplogised that to me is not good enough. He should resign without condition.

We gave him a chance and he has blown it as far as I'm concnered. Even if we get to the promised land I will still want him out.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:48 pm

Surely his handling of the club comes under 'gross misconduct', so he could be sacked without a pay off?

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:50 pm

I know you probably can't do this, but if Ridsdale's salary is set by Keith Harris then the same tw*t should be made to pay to get rid of the useless buffoon.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:52 pm

hi annis i think steve could have explained it yesterdAY wen he was on here instead of just pop on the going
off without answering any qustions
but i do think he is the only one that we can trust on the board an people have got to cut him some slack
he has a bussiness to run as well as looking out for the welfare of ccfc
so u have to give him some credit it hard to run one bussness in this climate never mind two

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:53 pm

the unfortunate thing is we can only go on what we read on here, or hear through the grapevine, it hard to know or even understand what go's on behind closed doors.
i don't know much about borley and dont know him personaly as you do, so i cant make judgments on his character or his loyalty to the club . however you know him and if you say we should trust him then i am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him chance to prove to us that he only has the best interest of the club at heart.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:53 pm

SteW wrote:Surely his handling of the club comes under 'gross misconduct', so he could be sacked without a pay off?

Unfortunately what Ridsdale has done in bankrupting the club is more incompetent than gross misconduct.

However I understand and agree with the sentiment.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:56 pm

so do we fans/trusts force him out? is that the only way??
what are the options?

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Ridsdale is a parasite and should resign :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:59 pm

steve l wrote:so do we fans/trusts force him out? is that the only way??
what are the options?

i believe we should look at whats just happened at hull city with their ex chairman
without being to controversial look it up and i would bet the same scenario has gone on at our club

Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Surly there has to be something wrong with a situation where it costs £800,000 to get rid of the manager and £1m the Chairman?

Did they see us coming

Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:22 pm

steve davies wrote:
what are the options?

i believe we should look at whats just happened at hull city with their ex chairman
without being to controversial look it up and i would bet the same scenario has gone on at our club

Are you referring to the recent high court order Hull City brought against their previous Chairman? Are you suggesting something similar has occurred at our club?

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:17 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
steve davies wrote:
what are the options?

Are you referring to the recent high court order Hull City brought against their previous Chairman? Are you suggesting something similar has occurred at our club?

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... ticle.html

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:18 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
steve davies wrote:
what are the options?

I would imagine there is going to be a change in the set up of the board of directors, not necessary meaning that PR will go straight away but more of an eventuality.

the people with the interests of the club do not hold a strong enough position at the moment but others who look out for themselves have a very strong hold at present.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:27 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
steve davies wrote:
what are the options?

misuse of club funds they alledge and they managed to freeze his assets.
pr was described by the leeds press as acting like a batchelor maxing up his credit card and using the clubs funds like it was his own
question is has that happened at our club

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:30 pm

without being to controversial look it up and i would bet the same scenario has gone on at our club[/quote]
Are you referring to the recent high court order Hull City brought against their previous Chairman? Are you suggesting something similar has occurred at our club?[/quote]

pr was described by the leeds press as acting like a batchelor maxing up his credit card and using the clubs funds like it was his own
question is has that happened at our club[/quote]
that is interesting, imagine if PR misused the clubs funds to sort out his own personal ventures.you could write a book about it ;)

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:34 pm

question is has that happened at our club[/quote]
that is interesting, imagine if PR misused the clubs funds to sort out his own personal ventures.you could write a book about it ;)[/quote]

or maybe save a million quid for gross misconduct allegedly ;)

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yesterday We All thought that Ridsdale had resigned/gone, well I believe that when SB and PG went steaming down there they really believed it them selves,but apparently once again he didnt fully offer his resignation and they talked for 2 hours. I am led to believe it would cost Our Club up up to One Million Pound to remove him and as you know we havent got a pot to piss in it.

I am not on here to try and make you all lay off Steve Borley, but I am trying to explain that its not easy for him and I still have some believe in him. Its up to your selves what you feel.

Well to be honest, I have no faith in anyone connected at board level. If they have put themselves in a position where the club has employees that are unsackable, then it shows them up for complete incompetants. Ridsdale has been more than well rewarded for his work here, without having £1 million payoffs for volunteering his resignation. Im sorry but I don't believe that the board, cannot sack him, if they feel that his judgement and strategy is actually putting the club into financial difficulties and legal difficulties, which not paying tax bills, is doing. He has failed thus far in bringing in major investment, has allowed his budget on his stadium project to overun by millions. Ridsdale, followed a strategy that brought on a legal case with all its expence against the club, from Langston. Has continually lied to the supporters, while deceiving the tax man over his own affairs, had childish spats with the local press, over publishing the truth. Anyone can see that theres enough evidence there, for justifiably sacking him, unless of course, the board have and still do back him, and that includes Mr Borley.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:37 pm

steve davies wrote:misuse of club funds they alledge and they managed to freeze his assets.

that is interesting, imagine if PR misused the clubs funds to sort out his own personal ventures.you could write a book about it ;)[/quote]

or maybe save a million quid for gross misconduct allegedly ;)[/quote]

there seems to be a few knowing winks ;) allegedly :lol:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Surly there has to be something wrong with a situation where it costs £800,000 to get rid of the manager and £1m the Chairman?

Did they see us coming

Yep exactly, it's basically that it'd cost us 13% of our yearly turnover to get rid of just 2 employees! It's crazy!

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:52 pm

steve davies wrote:misuse of club funds they alledge and they managed to freeze his assets.

or maybe save a million quid for gross misconduct allegedly ;)[/quote]

Well they would need pretty solid evidence to justify alleged gross missconduct. Feck me it's getting like a Ruth Rendell murder mystery here mun ;) :lol:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:17 pm

SteW wrote:Surely his handling of the club comes under 'gross misconduct', so he could be sacked without a pay off?

Normally, yes, but he probably has a fixed term contract, which would have to be paid up in any circumstance, other than him leaving of his own free will

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Surly there has to be something wrong with a situation where it costs £800,000 to get rid of the manager and £1m the Chairman?

Did they see us coming

In the last 3 years PR has had total control of our Club and has set up all these contracts himself I believe.