Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Shearer : Not a Man of his word

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:03 am

Again, just admit when you are wrong.

Robson did not spend big while getting Boro into the Prem.

You said he failed.

When he has done more than any manger we have had in the last 50 years or more than any manager still in the running for the job.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 am

You have an interesting concept of being wrong.

Robson spent a decent enough amount getting out of this division; you don't need to as has been seen by other clubs recently, Norwich, Swansea.

You're basing your assessment on his managerial capabilities on a stint over a decade ago, putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "Nya nya nya" when presented with his overall managerial record, where the failures clearly outweigh the successes.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:19 am

You said he was a failure.

I simply stated that Robson had done what all Cardiff fans want and that was take his team to the Prem and he did it twice.

All you have come back with is that he failed at Sheff Utd and Bradford.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:27 am

And West Borm.

And indeed everywhere else.

Which bit of that is so difficult for a faux Geordie to grasp? Ever wondered why he's not in hot demand in the UK?

he got Boro out of this division, sure. So too have many others. he's not unique on that score.

Success in the Prem? FFS, you think Juninho came along for magic beans? Why do YOU think Robson has, at other jobs, blasted boards for not giving millions, even blasted the fans!

I grant you he had a few good seasons with Boro. 10-15 years ago. Everything since has been failure. yet you maintain he;s a good manager...

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:29 am

He didn't fail at WBA.

He went there when they were doomed to go down.

He was able to save them.

He was able to keep them up for an extra season.

That is a success.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:32 am

I didn't say he was a good manager.

I said he has done more than any current manager or any manager that is still in the running for the job.

I also said that any Cardiff fan would be over the moon to have what Robson did to Boro happen to Cardiff.