Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SO IT CONTINUES " (Now back to Mackay)

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:44 am

I could easily have just sat back today and watched the story unfold but as I have always said I will pass on what I am hearing.

Very late last night, after the talks with Alan Shearer broke down, contact was made to Malky Mackay and his advisors to offer him the opportunity to talk again.

I am aware that Mackay was not exactly pleased with what happened over the course of yesterday he has agreed to meet the clubs officials today.

Will the club risk losing him after so nearly doing so yesterday, they have not a second bite but a third bite of the cherry.

If this deal fails then I will be left gobsmacked.

Right then someone text me when an announcement is made.

Re: SO IT CONTINUES

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:48 am

surely mackay must be really pissed off...

he could demand new terms than what was first talked about in his previous interviews.. nobody likes to be 2nd best... The Shearer crap was a joke...

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:50 am

Very true but the club have put themselves in an awkward position and only have themselves to blame.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:52 am

This is what you get when you dont have anyone to interview people for a job that they know more about than the guy that wants them to run there club. all in all is a Fing mess . you got a guy asking other guys that have done nothing to do something to run the club that they have no Idea of how to run them selfs

Re: " SO IT CONTINUES " (Now back to Mackay)

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:52 am

Carl, in your opinion - Not facts, before someone says anything (!) - do you think the announcement will be today?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:53 am

carlccfc wrote:Very true but the club have put themselves in an awkward position and only have themselves to blame.

In competence again ....... but why Shearer though ??

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:53 am

carlccfc wrote:Very true but the club have put themselves in an awkward position and only have themselves to blame.

the trouble is now if MM turn them down will they be forced into a panic appointment :evil: :evil:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:55 am

Face it Carl, you know nothing. Guesswork and oh so wrong

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:56 am

As much as i agree with knowing that you were second choice, these guys need to be professional and stop thinking they are the best person possible for a particular Job. This happens day in day out across the country in all professions, in the end the decision to give a particular candidate a position can come down to someone’s gut feeling if the contenders have such different attributes to bring to the table

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:57 am

wfcthroughandthrough wrote:Face it Carl, you know nothing. Guesswork and oh so wrong

Watford
Sorry to say it, But Carl is Spot on.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:57 am

it just shows how amateur we are compared to other clubs..

ie. fulham, needed a knew manager, identified their target and sorted it, forest the same, villa knew who they wanted but were rejected all be it.. now brum...

the process we are going through is as if the club are interviewing for a job at tesco.. and making a big balls up on the way...

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:59 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:surely mackay must be really pissed off...

he could demand new terms than what was first talked about in his previous interviews.. nobody likes to be 2nd best... The Shearer crap was a joke...

Look, Brenda down west wasn't first choice for the jerks as my son reminded me very late last night. They asked permission to speak to Gary Speed first of all and I've heard it said that he was probably 3rd or 4th choice. Also, the fact is that City didn't make any announcements (all the speculation came from the media) so infact Shearer was just another candidate who City were talking to. At no stage did they publicly state that he was the preferred candidate......SO STEP FORWARD MALKY MACKAY.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:00 am

Cardiff job is a top top job paying very decent wage, think other managers will not mind be second option for a chance of a top job

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:00 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:it just shows how amateur we are compared to other clubs..

ie. fulham, needed a knew manager, identified their target and sorted it, forest the same, villa knew who they wanted but were rejected all be it.. now brum...

the process we are going through is as if the club are interviewing for a job at tesco.. and making a big balls up on the way...

Roy, I got slated for saying how can we let Gethin Jenkins( 1 season in football) and a Suspended Solicitor look for a manager. I thought WE HAD BECOME A PROFESSIONAL CLUB ?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:07 am

It's very rare for clubs in the lower leagues, or bottom half of prem even, to get their 1st choice manager......im sure all others managers are aware of that.....If the club ask MM and he turns us down, then he hasnt got the balls to take the job on and turn the club into a success, where he can tell the board "told you i could do it" if he backs away then he not got enough about him for this club :evil:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:07 am

I don't remember reading the club had announced Shearer as manager it was the media and messageboards.
I am sure that is what they will tell their choice too and will now be looking to bring matters to a close.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:08 am

i just think that the other clubs knew what managers were available and who was the right man for their club.. it seems we dont av a clue of who is who and what they have to offer...

back earlier in the season we were talking about martin oneill replacing dave jones as he would be the right guy.. somebody identified that ... Leicester did the same with Sven..

now we are just trawling through the bookies list of managers each day... 2nd interviews, 3rd interviews....

surely somebody has a football brain and knows who is a good manager and would be a great appointment for cardiff city !

fulham didnt need 2-3 interviews per person , neither did forest and i bet villa and brum wont have 3 weeks worth of heres your appointment , thanks we will let you know...

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:09 am

Thanks for the update, with everything thats going on right now, you seem to be the only one who has a clue on whats happening. Fingers crossed for Mackay , if we get him its total respect for the guy after appearing to be second to Shearer who had no managerial experience at all. Mackay is my first choice........... We wait ! :old:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:13 am

http://www.skysports.com/football/trans ... 96,00.html

just look at the back page of mirror on this link... at 0908 on ssn.

match of the dai.

shearer quits bbc sofa for cardiff...

so was he actually offered the job?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:13 am

Is it possible that Shearer refused to work with Bellamy and that's A. The reason he turned the job down or B. The Board decided not to appoint him??

Personally i would much rather have Bellamy here working under Malky McKay than Shearer :old:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:17 am

Im getting won over by the fact its all to do with the Asian betting market .......... I mean come on why would Shearer even be considered by any Club let alone CCFC ? Giggs at 33 - 1 to maybe its gonna be him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:it just shows how amateur we are compared to other clubs..

Roy, I got slated for saying how can we let Gethin Jenkins( 1 season in football) and a Suspended Solicitor look for a manager. I thought WE HAD BECOME A PROFESSIONAL CLUB ?

These things happen in football. The Club didn't announce Shearer as manager..it was press speculation. It's a difficult job interviewing for a football manager because of all the speculation and leaks. The club at some stage has to sort the candidates into some sort of preferred order but at the same time the candidates may well have other irons in the fire...so it can be a really difficult balancing act and sometimes it doesn't go as smoothly as you would like. This doesn't always mean a lack of professionalism.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:21 am

Lets hope they announce Mackay as manager today, surely everything must have been agreed by now?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:24 am

wfcthroughandthrough wrote:Face it Carl, you know nothing. Guesswork and oh so wrong

Guesswork it is NOT - Wfcthroughandthrough,it's called passing on information,and some WE keep to oursleves for legal reasons.

Carl has been pin pointed out on some threads as not knowing what is going on and so on...

Let me remind ALL THE DOUBTERS,Carl was on holiday last week and still took time out to post.

I started the Malky MaCKAY Threads,and have told people on here what to bet,when Carl was on hols,but i seemed to avoided stick off people,and its all gone in the way of Carl.

We can't win at times - people want to know things,and then when there is a U-Turn from the club - it's lets blame Carl.

Keep the info coming Carl,you have my surpport :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:26 am

moonboots wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

These things happen in football. The Club didn't announce Shearer as manager..it was press speculation. It's a difficult job interviewing for a football manager because of all the speculation and leaks. The club at some stage has to sort the candidates into some sort of preferred order but at the same time the candidates may well have other irons in the fire...so it can be a really difficult balancing act and sometimes it doesn't go as smoothly as you would like. This doesn't always mean a lack of professionalism.

ok dave,

maybe its just we as the fans are getting frustrated....

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:27 am

Why are people on here still slating Gethin and Alan on this????

Them and TG had a meeting with Shearer, and things didn't work out.

It doesn't state anywhere than he was offered the Managers Job.

TG will, I assume, have a chat (meeting) with all the candidates, and then offer the job to the one he feels is the best for the job.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:32 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Guesswork it is NOT - Wfcthroughandthrough,it's called passing on information,and some WE keep to oursleves for legal reasons.

Carl has been pin pointed out on some threads as not knowing what is going on and so on...

Let me remind ALL THE DOUBTERS,Carl was on holiday last week and still took time out to post.

I started the Malky MaCKAY Threads,and have told people on here what to bet,when Carl was on hols,but i seemed to avoided stick off people,and its all gone in the way of Carl.

We can't win at times - people want to know things,and then when there is a U-Turn from the club - it's lets blame Carl.

Keep the info coming Carl,you have my surpport :ayatollah:

So as Cardiff STILL hadn't made an official approach to Watford as of yesterday lunchtime to speak to Malky, announcing that he's having interviews with them wouldn't need holding back for legal reasons then?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:45 am

anotherhornet - im talking about things outside of this managers post.

Things you can and can't say on message boards,to do with people/players/club etc...

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:47 am

My Baker just messed up my leg of lamb.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Can we know the full facts before we start slating the board??????