Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Big name in Malaysia

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Could this be why the Malaysians wanted Bellamy as our new manager because he's a household name in Malaysia who could bring the club thousands of money in revenue and when Bellers said no they went searching for another big name and when Shearer came no one else had a look in because he's a name everybody knows around the football world I think with a pre season under him and his own squad he could well surprise us remember he's worked under some good managers lets give him a chance

Re: Big name in Malaysia

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:31 pm

ccfcninian wrote:Could this be why the Malaysians wanted Bellamy as our new manager because he's a household name in Malaysia who could bring the club thousands of money in revenue and when Bellers said no they went searching for another big name and when Shearer came no one else had a look in because he's a name everybody knows around the football world I think with a pre season under him and his own squad he could well surprise us remember he's worked under some good managers lets give him a chance

He's worked under good managers like Bobby Robson. Who he totally undermined at Newcastle, which caused the anger at him from bellamy...

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:33 pm

nerd wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:Could this be why the Malaysians wanted Bellamy as our new manager because he's a household name in Malaysia who could bring the club thousands of money in revenue and when Bellers said no they went searching for another big name and when Shearer came no one else had a look in because he's a name everybody knows around the football world I think with a pre season under him and his own squad he could well surprise us remember he's worked under some good managers lets give him a chance

He's worked under good managers like Bobby Robson. Who he totally undermined at Newcastle, which caused the anger at him from bellamy...

anything good to say yet nerd :P

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:37 pm

How much water under the bridge has passed since then?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:40 pm

valleycasual wrote:
nerd wrote:

anything good to say yet nerd :P

Heh, no.

I'm still completely and utterly stunned.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Do please tell me these good managers you say he worked under. I can only think of Bobby Robson and I don't think he showed him much respect from what I can remember.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Tbh with all this talk of McKay, hughton, RDM, Clark etc etc I had a feeling a surprise name would appear because otherwise one of the others would have been appointed earlier.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:

Do please tell me these good managers you say he worked under. I can only think of Bobby Robson and I don't think he showed him much respect from what I can remember.

kenny dalglish.......kevin keegan........terry venables

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:51 pm

He won the premier league under Dalglish

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:52 pm

valleycasual wrote:
Citysince1964 wrote:

kenny dalglish.......kevin keegan........terry venables