Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Losing CB39

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Surely we must consider the fact that Bellamy had no future at CCFC whoever was in charge, no doubt he loves the club and wants to play next season, but when Man City slapped a 4 million price tag on his head coupled with his high wages it became a bridge to far....

Re: Losing CB39

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Gavlar wrote:Surely we must consider the fact that Bellamy had no future at CCFC whoever was in charge, no doubt he loves the club and wants to play next season, but when Man City slapped a 4 million price tag on his head coupled with his high wages it became a bridge to far....

Don't think the £4M Has anything to do with it.Clubs can come in for Bellers and he does not have to sign for them,on personal grounds...

So what happens next, he terminates his contract,and becomes a Free Agent,at least then Man City have 1 less player to pay each week/month.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Gavlar wrote:Surely we must consider the fact that Bellamy had no future at CCFC whoever was in charge, no doubt he loves the club and wants to play next season, but when Man City slapped a 4 million price tag on his head coupled with his high wages it became a bridge to far....

not true at all, hes already admitted hed be happy to play for us for low wages or even free

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:22 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

not true at all, hes already admitted hed be happy to play for us for low wages or even free

Correct Scott, oops We agree :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:23 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Don't think the £4M Has anything to do with it.Clubs can come in for Bellers and he does not have to sign for them,on personal grounds...

So what happens next, he terminates his contract,and becomes a Free Agent,at least then Man City have 1 less player to pay each week/month.

Topcat u sat down with bellers.....i have a feeling you knew shearer was in line and bellamy put his name forward. dont have a go at me but im finding it hard to believe this has just come out of the blue. I think shearer and bellamys argument is bye the bye

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Correct Scott, oops We agree :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

it happens once in a while Annis ;)

ahhh im just gutted to be honest... i genuinely believe we needed Bellamy this year, and the fact that Shearer wont bring him back now will just add to the pressure and speed up the amount of time it will take for him to lose fans' support if were not doing well this season in my opinion, Shearer would ordinarily be a decent appointment but i just cant see the sense in this one sorry... i repeat, im gutted

but i will get behind him and the club, no matter what, and i really hope he can take us up this year

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Thanks for putting my straight on that.

Bellamy wants to play no matter what and shearer will surely want a player of his calibre to stay! Surely this is a resolvable dispute?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 pm

piroteczz wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Topcat u sat down with bellers.....i have a feeling you knew shearer was in line and bellamy put his name forward. dont have a go at me but im finding it hard to believe this has just come out of the blue. I think shearer and bellamys argument is bye the bye

PIROTECZZ - I GIVE YOU MY WORD THE NAME ALAN SHEARER WAS NEVER MENTIONED.

BELLERS Spoke of many things about Cardiff,and i came away just knowing at that time he wants to be back here next season.

For the record i backed MACKAY and small bet on Zola,people who know me will tell that i don't lie,but i respect what people say to me some i will post and others i keep to myself...Again SHEARER Name was NOT MENTIONED - Mate :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Gavlar wrote:Thanks for putting my straight on that.

Bellamy wants to play no matter what and shearer will surely want a player of his calibre to stay! Surely this is a resolvable dispute?

its not that simple mate, i wish it was

their dispute goes deeper than a resolvable disagreement

despite his obvious quality, shearer just genuinely believes that Bellamy is a bad influence around a football club, and for that reason will DEFINITELY not re-sign him under any circumstances im sure, especially as his team captain

no chance unfortunately :(

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:39 pm

it has been said that bellamy sat in talks regarding the new manager.
perhaps he was there to be told that shearer was to become the new manager,and what was his feeling on this,and could the personal problems between the two be resolved?
just a thought :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:39 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

despite his obvious quality, shearer just genuinely believes that Bellamy is a bad influence around a football club, and for that reason will DEFINITELY not re-sign him under any circumstances im sure, especially as his team captain

Have you spoke to Shearer then ?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Xcasual wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Have you spoke to Shearer then ?

obviously not but come on mate, its pretty obvious

if you believe Shearer will have Bellamy back, or that theres even a 1% chance he would then youre wrong unfortunately buddy

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:obviously not but come on mate, its pretty obvious

if you believe Shearer will have Bellamy back, or that theres even a 1% chance he would then youre wrong unfortunately buddy

If the argument still 'exists' then there is no chance, they are both too stubborn, Shearer moreso.

I cling onto a morsel of hope that they may have made ammends elsewhere since then, but as you saw in my other post, I'm more inclined to agree with you about the likelyhood, or lack of.