Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What happened to

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Being happy with everyone except Dave Jones???
TBH it could be sir Alex and our fans would still moan.

Re: What happened to

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:07 pm

I think there would have been a hell of a lot less moaning if we'd appointed Makay, Hughton, Di Matteo, Hughes, O'Neill...

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 pm

spot on ! it crazy how moody one bunch of fans can be cmon fellow blues get behind your team ffs !

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 pm

hooligan858 wrote:I think there would have been a hell of a lot less moaning if we'd appointed Makay, Hughton, Di Matteo, Hughes, O'Neill...

Agreed! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 pm

hooligan858 wrote:I think there would have been a hell of a lot less moaning if we'd appointed Makay, Hughton, Di Matteo, Hughes, O'Neill...

Maybe, I wanted McKay myself.

But the money men have decided and i would rather a manager they have faith in and willing to back than someone i prefer and they don't feel they can back.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 pm

I'll definately get behind him, I just think we could have done better.

Believe me, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be proven completely and utterly wrong. I'm sure that's true of everybody else who is unhappy with this decision.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Being happy with everyone except Dave Jones???
TBH it could be sir Alex and our fans would still moan.

Don't be a dick. Our fans had enough of an ego driven pleb and get given another one, I would take Mackay, Hughton or Di Matteo of Shearer any time and I bet alot of other would to.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 pm

So it wasn't anyone except jones then :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Maybe, I wanted McKay myself.

But the money men have decided and i would rather a manager they have faith in and willing to back than someone i prefer and they don't feel they can back.

Do they have faith in Shearer though, or is it the fact that as a famous player, he can play a part in marketing in Malaysia to a greater degree than say Mackay?

Cynical, sure, but I'm struggling to think of any rationale for his appointment over more experienced managers.

Now IF it's purely a marketing tactic, that really doesn't bode well at all for the long term of the club.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Not really, the commercial effect will come in when we are in the premiership. Yes shearer has pull in
Malsayia and this would have been considered however if they didn't have faith in him taking us up then surely that's counterproductive. They want premiership football.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:22 pm

I've got to get it all out now, because if he's announced tomorrow I'll have to start backing him.

So much negativity to get out before I'll be ready for that!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:25 pm

:lol: :ayatollah:

I think whoever takes over it could go either way this season.