Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HE'S STILL BETTER THAN JONES

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 pm

This understandable mixture of dissapointment, fear and underwhelming. He's not my choice at all, I'd have preferred even Mark Robins.

However, we must remember one thing

He is still better than Dave Jones :D :ayatollah:

Re: HE'S STILL BETTER THAN JONES

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Not by much!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:05 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:This understandable mixture of dissapointment, fear and underwhelming. He's not my choice at all, I'd have preferred even Mark Robins.

Sadly, even that's not true.

Jones has a better win percentage than 12.5%...
Last edited by nerd on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:07 pm

nerd wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:This understandable mixture of dissapointment, fear and underwhelming. He's not my choice at all, I'd have preferred even Mark Robins.

Jones has a better win percentage than 12.8%...

Don't you think that win percentage is harsh and doesn't put anything to perspective other than to show your dislike for the choice of manager?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:07 pm

At least we won't have a November blip

Just start it from August instead

Nah, in fairness Luke above me makes a good and valid point. We will just have to wait and see.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:09 pm

at least we wont understand his interviews so won't know if he's making excuses or not

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
nerd wrote:

Jones has a better win percentage than 12.8%...

Don't you think that win percentage is harsh and doesn't put anything to perspective other than to show your dislike for the choice of manager?

And you think Shearer is a better candidate than those linked based upon what?

This was a golden opportunity to drive on from Jones. We needed someone with experience to rebuild the squad. To get us up. Instead we've gone for someone living entirely off his career as a player.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:At least we won't have a November blip

Just start it from August instead

Nah, in fairness Luke above me makes a good and valid point. We will just have to wait and see.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Made me laugh that did :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 pm

look guys i dont care its shearer ffs im a cardiff city fan if he gets us good signings great whats the worst that will happen we go down im 47 supported ccfc since i was 4 .i have seen them play in front of 80000 also seen then play in front of 2000 ill be here when the plastics have gone to the liberty or anywhere else unlike some on here cardiff city comes first not faces come on shearer do the biss mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:19 pm

How can you say he is better than Jones ? this guy has done F All and we are going to give him 20mil to get us a team.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:20 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:How can you say he is better than Jones ? this guy has done F All and we are going to give him 20mil to get us a team.

Because his name isn't David Xavier Jones ;)

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 pm

That is the most stupid comment I have ever heard. Only 8 matches as a manager and he only won one of those. He has a long way to go as a manager before he can even be compared to someone like Dave Jones.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:37 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:How can you say he is better than Jones ? this guy has done F All and we are going to give him 20mil to get us a team.

Its like giving Ridsdale 20mil to look after! :lol:

Lets hope Sheerer does a good job, for US the fans! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:

That is the most stupid comment I have ever heard. Only 8 matches as a manager and he only won one of those. He has a long way to go as a manager before he can even be compared to someone like Dave Jones.

It was in jest. It is the internet, don't take everything so seriously. And don't go calling things stupid, just because you don't agree with them.

And for the record, he could turn out by december to be better than Jones. A Guardiola. Or he could end up a Stuaunton, and have us in the shit. It's a big gamble.

Nobody knows. I know what I think, but I'd better not say seeing as I am so stupid :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: