Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I think I'm the only one excited by shearers appointment

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:51 pm

He's young and shows he has guts to take over at Newcastle when they were practically garanted relagation. He has great contacts and obviously is hungry for success. He will be great for the bluebirds :ayatollah:

Re: I think I'm the only one excited by shearers appointment

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Scott88 wrote:He's young and shows he has guts to take over at Newcastle when they were practically garanted relagation. He has great contacts and obviously is hungry for success. He will be great for the bluebirds :ayatollah:

I'm not quite at the ecstatic state but intrigued as to the number 2 and Mallo's reports of him and Bellers being together on the weekend?!?!?!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:54 pm

I believe they will back him well so I think it will be interesting.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm

I think good times are ahead for us all. It will be nice to see someone on the touchline with some pashun!! :old:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm

I agree. Still can't believe this is tree. He is legend within the game, was always going to manage someday why not take a gamble I think more chace of being a success than not he obviously has big backing from Malaysians else he wouldn't take the job on

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Legend within game not as manager - sacked by christmas :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:57 pm

quite excited to be honest just want it to be sorted and season to start

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 pm

I am surprised by this news but also very excited at the same time.Roll on the new season and the new signings.
Lets give him a warm welcome here shall we :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Longer i think about it. The more i like it :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:59 pm

After thinking really hard about this one - I think it is a clever and shrewd commercial appointment.
Big name all around the world, has a huge contact data base, knows his football, and has to start his career somewhere. Will be great if he proves his point with Cardiff, and he must have been offered a good budget for this season? or why else would he have quit a high paid cushty job on BBC's match of the day? Oh, and Lineker and Lawrence may even have to mention him and Cardiff before the Jerks now on the first Saturday of the Premiership season!! :lol:

Fingers crossed this will be the start of something special. Alan Shearers Barmy Army :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Scott88 wrote:He's young and shows he has guts to take over at Newcastle when they were practically garanted relagation. He has great contacts and obviously is hungry for success. He will be great for the bluebirds :ayatollah:

What? Guts for taking over Newcastle? He was in a no lose situation ffs!

Stay up, his false GOD like status gets ever larger.
Relegate, well, nothing anyone could do they were already down...

Great player does not guarantee great contacts. Hungry for success? So hungry he applied for so many lower league jobs to gain vital managerial experience, eh?

If /when he fails, irrelevant to him. he'll return to a nicely paying media role.

There are far better candidates we've turned down in favour of somebody whose only credential is his name.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Bowmonster wrote:I am surprised by this news but also very excited at the same time.Roll on the new season and the new signings.

Lee, forum piss up on the 9th to discuss our new number 9.......works for me.......or am I inventing excuses just to get lashed up now?! :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:02 pm

fantastic appointment,a true legend of the game,every manager started somewhere,lambert,rodgers,mcdermott,young mangers bringing passion,enthusiasm and new ideas to clubs
i really cant see alan standing on the touchline with his hands in his pockets and putting up with ill discipline in the dressing room thats for sure

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:02 pm

now its actually sinking in i'm quite excited about the appointment

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:03 pm

Dange wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:I am surprised by this news but also very excited at the same time.Roll on the new season and the new signings.

Lee, forum piss up on the 9th to discuss our new number 9.......works for me.......or am I inventing excuses just to get lashed up now?! :lol:

Look forward to it Simon :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 pm

[quote="englishbluebird"
i really cant see alan standing on the touchline with his hands in his pockets and putting up with ill discipline in the dressing room thats for sure[/quote]

You mean the guy who kicked Lennon in the head and escaped punishment by threatening to refuse to join up with England WC squad, you mean?

Yup, tough disciplinarian there...

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:06 pm

Dange wrote:

:D :D Class...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ......yes, you've a problem mate. :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Marc wrote:
Dange wrote:

:D :D Class...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ......yes, you've a problem mate. :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: