Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HAVE TO ADMIT I WAS WRONG "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Alan Shearer is the biggest Football name to be the manager of Cardiff in my 47 years supporting the club, if this comes off it is a serious statement on intent by our owners.

Will it work out who knows but we have a young manager of huge potential here and we should all get 100% behind him because IMO his name alone will attract the right type of player to the club.

He has to sort out the CB issues if there is one that has to be priority No 1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 pm

How much will he be on,will Bellamy come back?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 pm

I cant believe this, and the thought that we might pay him £1 million a year for his services. An untested manager (apart from 8 games as caretaker for Newcastle) makes me feel a bit sick. I thought paying DJ near £800,000 was a joke, but this takes it to a whole new level. I thought we were supposed to be running the club at a sustainable level? Not paying absurd wages as was done under the previous regime. :(

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 pm

ngriffiths wrote:Great appointment,expect some quality signings now.

hope so well known in the game.good contacts.not much experience but have to start somewhere.will have to back him 100% most city fans wanted DJ OUT.THIS APPOINTMENT IF TRUE WON,T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY BUT READING OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS I DON,T THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE ON A MANAGER. EXPECT ANOTHER TWIST :lol: OR TWO :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:24 pm

I thought Shearer didn't have an interview? Is this true, or was he today? Or was it just a load of bollocks? If he didn't have an interview, it just shows this whole process to have been a farce.

That said, I don't feel so bad about the appointment as I was thinking around ~1-2 hours ago, but I'm still not convinced. But onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm not convinced, but if this proves to be true, i'll give him my 100% backing and support.

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm

if bellamy loved this club so much and he wanted to take us up hed sort out his diffrences with shearer and have a working proffesional relationship

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm

no no no please tell me this i sa wind up, have i fallen asleep and woke up on april the first ????

NO NO NO NO NO
if we get shearer we wont get bellamy they wont work together

bellamey or sharer
shearer or bellamy

who's it to be ??

bookies starting rumors i think, to coup back some money on an earlier fav.

ANNIS how are you so sure ???

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 pm

hollywood wrote:bloody hell, i thought supporting Watford was a frigging merry go round !!

its a madhouse at the quietest of times in this part of the world :lol:

thomas9990 wrote:if bellamy loved this club so much and he wanted to take us up hed sort out his diffrences with shearer and have a working proffesional relationship

Totally agree.

can,t belive it,won,t belive it.....till the fat lady sings!!!!!!!!!!!
but if right, we all must give our full support :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 pm

I reckon Bellamy will sort out his differences with Shearer if he is appointed manager for the sake of the club :)

I'm prepared to give Shearer a chance! Let's get these new players in then!! haha :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:02 am

So Nostracarlmus and the aufor are claiming Shearer will be appointed tomorrow?

Good news guys, this means he's not coming :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:23 am

Oh, what a surprise...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... rdiff-city

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluegirl73 wrote:So is shearer the manager :ayatollah:

Yes.

...........or no???? .............or don't know???