Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALAN SHEARER'S BARMY ARMY

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Am i the only one excited by this potential appointment? Yes it is a huge risk and could blow up in our faces but before his 8 game spell in charge of a struggling Newcastle he was one of the most sought after young managers in the country. Plus his contacts would be tremendous! He wasnt my first choice but i would be intrigued and excited if he took over! We would certainly get lots of players keen to join us! Give the guy a chance, hes completed all of his coaching badges, was once one of the best players in Europe and has only had 8 games in management! Yes there are obvious negatives but if he took over he would have my full support and id be excited to see how he would get on! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ALAN SHEARER'S BARMY ARMY

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:01 pm

completely agree mate :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm willing to back any manager, but if his wage demands are true, then i cant understand why we didnt go with Martin O'Neil who is a proven manager with a track record with similar wage demands.

But who ever the manager, I will back them 100% :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:06 pm

They may as well appoint me if Shearer is the best option. :?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 pm

If there is a positive note to this potential appointment it is, I agree, he will attract top players to the CCS

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Gavlar wrote:If there is a positive note to this potential appointment it is, I agree, he will attract top players to the CCS

shame craig bellamy wont be one of them.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Am i the only one excited by this potential appointment? Yes it is a huge risk and could blow up in our faces but before his 8 game spell in charge of a struggling Newcastle he was one of the most sought after young managers in the country. Plus his contacts would be tremendous! He wasnt my first choice but i would be intrigued and excited if he took over! We would certainly get lots of players keen to join us! Give the guy a chance, hes completed all of his coaching badges, was once one of the best players in Europe and has only had 8 games in management! Yes there are obvious negatives but if he took over he would have my full support and id be excited to see how he would get on! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Who precisely sought after this most sought after young manager in the country? I mean, he was sat on his arse on the MOTD sofa for a long time?

"Was once one of the best players in Europe".

So was Paulo Sousa.

8 games. Baffling tactics and substitutions. 5 points out of 24. Only win? Beating Boro. Guess where they ended up that season?

Even better. guess who his assistant was at Newcastle? Ian F***ing Dowie.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:They may as well appoint me if Shearer is the best option. :?

No chance ,look at the size of you :D I couldn't see you running around the pitch with the lads :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:25 pm

nerd wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Am i the only one excited by this potential appointment? Yes it is a huge risk and could blow up in our faces but before his 8 game spell in charge of a struggling Newcastle he was one of the most sought after young managers in the country. Plus his contacts would be tremendous! He wasnt my first choice but i would be intrigued and excited if he took over! We would certainly get lots of players keen to join us! Give the guy a chance, hes completed all of his coaching badges, was once one of the best players in Europe and has only had 8 games in management! Yes there are obvious negatives but if he took over he would have my full support and id be excited to see how he would get on! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Who precisely sought after this most sought after young manager in the country? I mean, he was sat on his arse on the MOTD sofa for a long time?

"Was once one of the best players in Europe".

So was Paulo Sousa.

8 games. Baffling tactics and substitutions. 5 points out of 24. Only win? Beating Boro. Guess where they ended up that season?

Even better. guess who his assistant was at Newcastle? Ian F***ing Dowie.

I dont disagree with a lot of what you have said but he was touted as a future premier league and england manager before Newcastle. There is no denying he was a top class footballer, and that at newcastle he didnt buy any players so it ewasnt his team and when they took over he was something like their 4th manager in 6 months and they were in the relegation zone, it was hardly ideal. It would be an unusual appointment and he was definitely not in my initial top 3 but it would certainly be intriguing. If we are going for him it suggests we will spend big and he will use his contacts. It could be a disaster but will certainly be exciting

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:32 pm

I think you'll find the song is Sheep Sheep Sheep Shearer!!! :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:02 pm

I'll back him 100% and I hope i'm proven wrong because I do like him, but I think it's a f*cking piss poor appointment. I just hope we're not breaking the bank on him (how much must he be on at MOTD)?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:07 pm

hooligan858 wrote:I'll back him 100% and I hope i'm proven wrong because I do like him, but I think it's a f*cking piss poor appointment. I just hope we're not breaking the bank on him (how much must he be on at MOTD)?

as i said, far from my first choice, and a huge risk, but at least we will have some excitement and the city will be buzzing! Lets back the bloke and see what hes got. Although i still think this is a betting scam and i cant see him really being appointed!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:25 pm

:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: